MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mame Fanaticus
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/15
Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Send PM

d-pad moves are difficult to pull of
#342209 - 07/06/15 10:07 PM

When i try to pull of the hyuken move in Street Fighter or Tiger Knee (for example), it's very difficult to pull of. It's working perfectly fine when i stand on the right side from the other character (left, down, left, button) but not when i'm on the left side (right, down, right, button). I'm using the Dual shock 3 (PS3) and Dual Shock 4 (PS4) contoller with Mameui64. Other moves like hadoken etc. (down, left, or down right) or whole circle (pile driver) are working perfectly fine. The problem lies between the right and down d-pad buttons.

I have the exact same problem with other emulators like Demul and Snes9x for example. I'm using the Motioninjoy (DS3) and DS4Windows (DS4) programs for the controllers.

I have tried 3 different DS3 and 1 DS4 controller, so the problem is not related to the controllers. I have also tried several configurations in the above mentioned programs, but with no luck.

Is there anyone that has a solution for this irritated problem?

Envisaged0ne
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/06
Send PM

Re: d-pad moves are difficult to pull of new [Re: Mame Fanaticus]
#342211 - 07/07/15 12:23 AM

I personally have no problems pulling off the special moves in the SF games. I always play Ken. I'm using a PS3 controller. Also works fine on my SNES emulator when I play the SF2 games. Also work fine with Demul when I play the SF3 games. Since it's a problem with multiple emulators, I'd assume it's not the problem with the emulators themselves

Edited by Envisaged0ne (07/07/15 12:25 AM)

Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
32GB DDR4 RAM

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

try a different style of d-pad [nt] new [Re: Mame Fanaticus]
#342214 - 07/07/15 02:09 AM

+

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: try a different style of d-pad [nt] new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#342217 - 07/07/15 03:57 AM

Yeah Playstation is the worst. Saitek is the best.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: try a different style of d-pad [nt] new [Re: Smitdogg]
#342222 - 07/07/15 02:24 PM

> Yeah Playstation is the worst. Saitek is the best.

DS4 has a different D-pad than the usual Sony one - it's a *lot* crisper, with a nice mechanical click feel on the directions.

But yeah, if the OP can't get it to work either he needs more practice or he simply isn't compatible with those controllers.

Mame Fanaticus
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/06/15
Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Send PM

Re: d-pad moves are difficult to pull of new [Re: Envisaged0ne]
#342264 - 07/08/15 02:20 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys. I guess that i have unlearned to pull off some of the combinations then

Well, i will practice it till i master it again.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: d-pad moves are difficult to pull of new [Re: Mame Fanaticus]
#342295 - 07/09/15 07:57 AM

> When i try to pull of the hyuken move in Street Fighter or Tiger Knee (for example),
> it's very difficult to pull of. It's working perfectly fine when i stand on the right
> side from the other character (left, down, left, button) but not when i'm on the left
> side (right, down, right, button). I'm using the Dual shock 3 (PS3) and Dual Shock 4
> (PS4) contoller with Mameui64. Other moves like hadoken etc. (down, left, or down
> right) or whole circle (pile driver) are working perfectly fine. The problem lies
> between the right and down d-pad buttons.
>
> I have the exact same problem with other emulators like Demul and Snes9x for example.
> I'm using the Motioninjoy (DS3) and DS4Windows (DS4) programs for the controllers.
>
> I have tried 3 different DS3 and 1 DS4 controller, so the problem is not related to
> the controllers. I have also tried several configurations in the above mentioned
> programs, but with no luck.
>
> Is there anyone that has a solution for this irritated problem?

I've been using PlayStation controllers since the late 90s while playing the Tekken series in its slow 50Hz PAL glory, never noticed any problems pulling off the hadoken/shoryuken motions which Tekken stole (I could continue on by saying moves which Tekken stole).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 147 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1742