Loc: Italy
Send PM

MAMEUIFX 0.163
#341801 - 06/24/15 05:40 PM

24/06/2015
MAMEUIFX 0.163 released.

Updated to MAME 0.163

* Changelog from 0.162:

- Added support for 1942 C64 Music (Minwah)
- Added support for Mr and Mrs Pacman (Dave Widel, HBMAME)
- Fixed "Joystick Mapping" core option behaviour in the GUI (h0tw1r3)
- Fixed memory leak with GLSL shaders in official MAME (h0tw1r3)
- Fixed with an hack MAMETESTERS bug ID 02640 (kazan: Slow graphic rendering, missing graphics)
- Fixed properly MAMETESTERS bug ID 05959 (kyros: A few sound FX are missing)
- Fixed properly MAMETESTERS bug ID 05962 (gotcha: Music suddenly stops) [darq]

NOTE: MAMEUIFX is now compiled with FULL MAME support, but until a real decision is taken by MAME Developers about the ability to distribute an ARCADES ONLY version of MAME, MESS drivers are disabled by default.

http://mame32fx.altervista.org/

Grab it while it's fresh!

Edited by Mamesick (06/24/15 05:42 PM)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.163 new [Re: Mamesick]
#341804 - 06/24/15 06:13 PM

> NOTE: MAMEUIFX is now compiled with FULL MAME support, but until a real decision is
> taken by MAME Developers about the ability to distribute an ARCADES ONLY version of
> MAME, MESS drivers are disabled by default.

MAMEdev's decision is final, and is clearly represented by the 0.162 and 0.163 official binaries: the project known as MESS ended. All of its drivers belong to MAME now, and we will be reorganizing the source and build system to eliminate the artificial MAME/MESS distinction soon. "FULL MAME support" to us means the ability to play the original Apple II version of Choplifter alongside the later Sega arcade version.

McHale
Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: BFE Illinois
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.163 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#341807 - 06/24/15 06:34 PM

> MAMEdev's decision is final, and is clearly represented by the 0.162 and 0.163
> official binaries: the project known as MESS ended. All of its drivers belong to MAME
> now, and we will be reorganizing the source and build system to eliminate the
> artificial MAME/MESS distinction soon. "FULL MAME support" to us means the ability to
> play the original Apple II version of Choplifter alongside the later Sega arcade
> version.

That's a shame.

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.163 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#341808 - 06/24/15 06:37 PM

> > NOTE: MAMEUIFX is now compiled with FULL MAME support, but until a real decision is
> > taken by MAME Developers about the ability to distribute an ARCADES ONLY version of
> > MAME, MESS drivers are disabled by default.
>
> MAMEdev's decision is final, and is clearly represented by the 0.162 and 0.163
> official binaries: the project known as MESS ended. All of its drivers belong to MAME
> now, and we will be reorganizing the source and build system to eliminate the
> artificial MAME/MESS distinction soon. "FULL MAME support" to us means the ability to
> play the original Apple II version of Choplifter alongside the later Sega arcade
> version.

I'm already aware of this. What is not clear is if it will be allowed distribute an ARCADE ONLY build with MESS drivers, PINBALLS, FRUIT MACHINES and such MECHANICAL stuff disabled... assuming it will be doable again.

remax
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/12
Send PM

#341809 - 06/24/15 06:41 PM

> I'm already aware of this. What is not clear is if it will be allowed distribute an
> ARCADE ONLY build with MESS drivers, PINBALLS, FRUIT MACHINES and such MECHANICAL
> stuff disabled... assuming it will be doable again.

I can't see how it would be against the licence...

But I would say it's against the will of the MAME team to continue to call it "MAME Something" if you do so.

I guess, as time will go by, you will have to do more and more work to do the separation. Ask yourself, is it really worth the pain ?

Edited by remax (06/24/15 06:42 PM)

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.163 new [Re: remax]
#341810 - 06/24/15 06:45 PM

> But i guess, as time will go by, you will have to do more and more work to do the
> separation. Ask yourself, is it really worth the pain ?

I'm not worried and I'm not against MESS. I simply want to continue with my old way. MAME and its Developers are taking the new way... only the time will tell us if it's the good choice. Probably yes. Maybe not.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: MAMEUIFX 0.163 new [Re: McHale]
#341818 - 06/24/15 08:19 PM

> > "FULL MAME support" to us means the ability to
> > play the original Apple II version of Choplifter alongside the later Sega arcade
> > version.
>
> That's a shame.

Eh? What do you have against Dan Gorlin?

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#341831 - 06/25/15 02:38 AM

> > But i guess, as time will go by, you will have to do more and more work to do the
> > separation. Ask yourself, is it really worth the pain ?
>
> I'm not worried and I'm not against MESS. I simply want to continue with my old way.
> MAME and its Developers are taking the new way... only the time will tell us if it's
> the good choice. Probably yes. Maybe not.

Before this gets out of control, please take it to EmuChat instead

Locking

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 532 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2344