MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Checkin out Pinballz Arcade, Austin, Texas.
#339493 - 05/02/15 07:53 AM

Pinballz

I was setting a bunch of high scores on the ols school video games and thinking I'm the man, and then I asked, and yes, the high scores get reset now and then. Meh. I had fun.

Played Hercules for my first time. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was one of the funner pinball games there. The funnerest was... surprise! Wizard of Oz. very schwing. Haunted house with its three level pinball is also tits. Best single feature pinball had to be Lost in Space , it has a magnetic spin table in the center that grabs like 6 balls, and get spinning to ridiculous speeds and sends all 6 balls flying all over creation.

I was bummed they didn't have Moon Patrol, one of my better games, or even tetris, but just as well. Had they had those, I'd have not spent any money and used up all my time =p

It was fun to be in a crowded arcade like old times, and having to wait my turn.

I was hoping to see some rare or surptising titles, and maybe there were in pinball, but only regular titles video arcade.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Checkin out Pinballz Arcade, Austin, Texas. new [Re: GatKong]
#339507 - 05/02/15 06:17 PM

OK but what they have done to that poor Mario Bros cab cannot be forgiven.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Checkin out Pinballz Arcade, Austin, Texas. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#339512 - 05/02/15 07:51 PM

> OK but what they have done to that poor Mario Bros cab cannot be forgiven.

Agreed. I saw a handful of multi-cab conversions, and each was terrible. The front end they chose to use was so terribly designed, I had to call over an attendant to show me how to start a game... and I'd like to think I'm more savvy on front ends than the average user. To their credit, the vast majority of the cabs were original dedicated machines.

I actually asked to chat with the owner, who wasn't on site. Why would he want to chat with a fan anyway, even if he was. :P

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Checkin out Pinballz Arcade, Austin, Texas. new [Re: GatKong]
#339513 - 05/02/15 07:56 PM

They probably aren't computers with front ends. They are more likely x-in-1 Jamma bootleg boards. But yeah menu sort of = front end.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Checkin out Pinballz Arcade, Austin, Texas. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#339514 - 05/02/15 09:33 PM

> They probably aren't computers with front ends. They are more likely x-in-1 Jamma
> bootleg boards. But yeah menu sort of = front end.

That's exactly what they are. I would know that screen anywhere from the one ARM-based x-in-1 board that runs in MAME.

Seems like a cool place apart from the operator clearly not giving a shit about buying legitimate games. It's nice to see so many pinball machines in one place. At my new job we have a pinball room with a Medieval Madness, an Addams Family, and a Twilight Zone, which are all maddeningly fun to play.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 99 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1968