View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bok
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/17/13
Send PM

Crystal Castles 884,939 score
#339394 - 04/29/15 04:40 PM

This is certainly not mine (wish it was) but it's the first one I've ever seen this high. Incredible run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvNbhLytxro

Edited by Bok (04/29/15 04:41 PM)

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Crystal Castles 884,939 score new [Re: Bok]
#339706 - 05/06/15 11:41 PM

> This is certainly not mine (wish it was) but it's the first one I've ever seen this
> high. Incredible run.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvNbhLytxro

Trippyy. I've not really watched a game, let alone that level of one. Curious that Lanzinger put in a sort of kill screen. In that regard, his top is that much closer to the reported high score of 910,772. Wonder what it would take to get there...... I wonder whether not using the warp would get you more?...

Also neat what Lanzinger put in at the end of the score entry. Ah, the early/mid 80s.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

speaking of Lanzinger new [Re: Traso]
#339723 - 05/07/15 04:32 AM

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/18966...tal_Castles.php

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Bok
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Crystal Castles 884,939 score new [Re: Traso]
#339751 - 05/07/15 03:05 PM

> Trippyy. I've not really watched a game, let alone that level of one. Curious that
> Lanzinger put in a sort of kill screen. In that regard, his top is that much closer
> to the reported high score of 910,772. Wonder what it would take to get there...... I
> wonder whether not using the warp would get you more?...
>
> Also neat what Lanzinger put in at the end of the score entry. Ah, the early/mid 80s.

Consensus is to get the top scores you should start at level 2 and maximize scores, that's where the 910,722 highest ever score came from. But it's incredibly difficult that way. You can probably get close to 900,000 by warping to 8.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

off-topic new [Re: Andrew]
#339882 - 05/11/15 02:49 AM

During the Q&A session, which starts @ ~55 minutes in, the second person asking questions brags that he's "been to the house of various Atari corporate heads" and goes on to add "I actually have Marble Man, the Marble Madness II the arc...there's only two of them and I actually have one of them."

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: off-topic new [Re: Andrew]
#339921 - 05/12/15 01:05 AM

> During the Q&A session, which starts @ ~55 minutes in, the second person asking questions brags that he's "been to the house of various Atari corporate heads" and goes on to add "I actually have Marble Man, the Marble Madness II the arc...there's only two of them and I actually have one of them."

He gave his name - Ponce Cuchianes, something like that. Look him up.

Homeboy at the end asking about the music ROM, in this case lack thereof, could've just looked in the MAME source, right?

Definitely one of the most interesting games in design, for example the warp(s) and why he made that feature.

Also really interesting is all the news hour stuff video games had. I remember seeing some here and there, but I rarely watched the news at that time. I remember more seeing such things on Sunday's 60 Minutes. Now I'll have to go back and look up that stuff.

Most interesting along that line was that you see how so many adults were that into games. I didn't see that in the arcades here.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Bok
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Crystal Castles 884,939 score new [Re: Bok]
#340120 - 05/17/15 11:17 PM

Finally inspired me to get an 800K game. I just don't think the trackball on my XArcade is sensitive enough to pull off some of the fast gemeater moves..

This was a level 8 warp game.

Edited by Bok (05/18/15 04:35 AM)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 391 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1739