MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Obizues
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/15
Send PM

Soft-15KHz issue? GeForce 6200
#339108 - 04/20/15 04:55 AM

I am trying to get my VGA to output with soft-15KHz running, but I'm getting a screen and a half showing. I've been told it may be the soft-15khz not working correctly that causes this problem.

I'm running windows 7, GeForce 6200 with newest Drivers, soft-15khz.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Soft-15KHz issue? GeForce 6200 new [Re: Obizues]
#339129 - 04/20/15 10:46 PM

Okay, it's like this: Geforces up through the 7 or 8 series love doing custom resolutions. But as far as I've seen, Win 7 don't. You have two options:

- find the original 6200 drivers, un-install the current ones, install the old ones; if you install the Forceware bit as well (this is similar to ATI's Catalyst Suite, gives you all kinds of options that frankly I've never fuckin used on a MAME cab) you must look somewhere in the control panel and un-check the driver update feature. Cos otherwise when you re-start again, Windows will fuck you and find and install the new drivers.

- buy a newer ATI card, as much as you can afford, and use GroovyMAME.

-- The 6200 is a nice little card. I've over-clocked mine quite a bit so that I can run games that my 6800 can pretty easy (especially given current MAME's requirements if you're not using a 64-bit OS)....but your 6200 has to be a revision A1 or A2. Even then, I've read, it might not work.

Oh, and I'm still using XP on that machine, because 7 doesn't support regular 800x600 (my monitor's max res), or some kind of shit......

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Obizues
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/15
Send PM

Re: Soft-15KHz issue? GeForce 6200 new [Re: Traso]
#339131 - 04/20/15 10:53 PM

Thank you for your response!

So I can work on getting the original drivers, how can I check what revision my card is?

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Soft-15KHz issue? GeForce 6200 new [Re: Obizues]
#339135 - 04/20/15 11:15 PM

> Thank you for your response!
>
> So I can work on getting the original drivers, how can I check what revision my card
> is?

It's on a sticker on the card, maybe silk-screened on the board as well. You'll have to use something like Riva Tuner (I do), and it'll tell you for sure. Look through these:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=141681

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3463400#post3463400

I also forgot to mention that you can use the HLSL (and perhaps the GLSL) feature. Plug and play, so you might wanna try that first....although....you didn't mention your monitor specs and all.....

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 37 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2657