Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

adamski
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/22/10
Send PM

Aimtrak is great but looking for some info with certain games please
#339011 - 04/17/15 03:21 PM

Hi All

This is my first post on your wonderful forum so I hope this is in the right place.Please dont hurt me too much

I am Currently building controls for my first cabinet (an old information kiosk) and have brought an AIMTRAK.It works great with some games (american laser games,most namco games and Carnevil!) but I am having problems with others.I do understand the basics re gun callibration and in mame callibration so I have tried lol.On Operation Wolf the crosshair WILL NOT move in the left portion of the screen no matter what I try.It is like there is an invisible barrier across the screen.I have noticed now that a lot of games seem to have parts of the screen that the crosshair just wont go to even if I calibrate gun in game.
The other 2 games I am having probs with are Terminator 2 and Alien 3.I understand that these are "positional" gun games and have read up on forums about callibrating the x and y axis as these games arent "true" gun games but when I go into MAME config for the particular game and try to set them the gun doesnt register any movement?Please can you help me in the simplest of terms as I am a bit of a MAME controls newbie.Thanks so much and sorry for the rambling 1st post
Adam
PS - Also cant seem to get the side buttons on the aimtrak to register when callibrating in mame almost like they dont work?What should I set them to on aimtrak cal page to get them to work as I have tried everything

Edited by adamski (04/19/15 06:48 PM)

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Aimtrak is great but looking for some info with certain games please new [Re: adamski]
#339128 - 04/20/15 10:33 PM

I do not know.... Probably no one here does, as few of the folks here buy arcade controls. But, somebody at BYOAC must know, cos they all do by the loads, and that's where Andy hangs out anyways. I think there's a dedicated Ultimarc sub-fo.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

adamski
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Aimtrak is great but looking for some info with certain games please new [Re: Traso]
#339200 - 04/22/15 10:42 AM

Thanks for the info.Is BYOAC another forum if I may ask?

Robbbert
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: Aimtrak is great but looking for some info with certain games please new [Re: adamski]
#339201 - 04/22/15 10:46 AM

adamski
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Aimtrak is great but looking for some info with certain games please new [Re: Robbbert]
#339207 - 04/22/15 02:59 PM

Thanks man - Will give it a whirl

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#339246 - 04/24/15 07:23 AM

> Thanks man - Will give it a whirl

It stifles me that people ask such 'wait and see' questions, when they can find out themselves in two fucking seconds......

adamski
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Aimtrak is great but looking for some info with certain games please new [Re: Traso]
#339359 - 04/28/15 02:45 PM

> > Thanks man - Will give it a whirl
>
> It stifles me that people ask such 'wait and see' questions, when they can find out
> themselves in two fucking seconds......

Sorry to spoil your day!

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#339693 - 05/06/15 10:22 PM

> > > Thanks man - Will give it a whirl
> >
> > It stifles me that people ask such 'wait and see' questions, when they can find out
> > themselves in two fucking seconds......
>
>
> Sorry to spoil your day!

Just don't be a silly bean.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 21 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3463