View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

free logo maker?
#337923 - 03/20/15 05:40 PM Attachment: Posted-on-BullyBadAssTV0057.jpg 42 KB (1 downloads)

Looking to make a simple logo. Something like 5-6 hollow arrows arranged in a circle and within each arrow have a word or two like "Startup" and "Rollout". And in the center of the circle have either an acronym like ACME or a picture of one of our products.

I have Visio and Powerpoint but it's not coming together.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: free logo maker? new [Re: Andrew]
#337926 - 03/20/15 08:25 PM

> Looking to make a simple logo. Something like 5-6 hollow arrows arranged in a circle
> and within each arrow have a word or two like "Startup" and "Rollout". And in the
> center of the circle have either an acronym like ACME or a picture of one of our
> products.
>
> I have Visio and Powerpoint but it's not coming together.

Not made for that. Try some kind of free/open source vector drawing program. I use Inkscape. If you follow the tutorials, skip to the one where it tells you how to put shapes in a path. Then you make some hollow arrows, put them in a circled path and the rest should be easy.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#337939 - 03/21/15 02:06 AM

> Looking to make a simple logo. Something like 5-6 hollow arrows arranged in a circle
> and within each arrow have a word or two like "Startup" and "Rollout". And in the
> center of the circle have either an acronym like ACME or a picture of one of our
> products.
>

How urgent is it required ? Would 3-4 weeks be OK ? If so, why don't you work with a local high school to make it a competition with a prize ? $100 1st prize, $50 for second, $25 for 3rd ? School kids could work on a logo to meet your requirements and enter it into the competition and you and the principal judge them ? And, think of the goodwill and publicity your business / products would get ? Mentioned in the school news letters, probably get some coverage in a local paper ? For a lousy $175 (or whatever you decide) you could get a great logo and some goodwill and publicity. And this could really help and motivate young people right when they need it - when they are thinking about their future, career paths, etc, and give them some experience to kick start their future.

Anyhow, I have zero artistic skills, so if I needed a logo for a proper business or product, I'd have a crack at doing it this way.

Moose

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#337941 - 03/21/15 03:51 AM

Inkscape. Unlike some other free software, it's actually good. Not as good as Illustrator, but still quite good.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Send PM

Re: free logo maker? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#338343 - 03/30/15 05:20 AM Attachment: path3336.png 34 KB (0 downloads)

Vas Crabb/Pi:

Thanks for pointing me towards Inkscape. Following the tutorial, below I was able to make a half-decent logo. Seems to be a very capable tool.

Moose:

Nice thinking out-of-the-box there. I'll keep that in mind for future!

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

--

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Send PM

related new [Re: Andrew]
#338537 - 04/03/15 03:22 AM

http://webmag.co/the-recipe-for-a-perfect-logo/

--

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

#338539 - 04/03/15 05:29 AM

I love that OCR font. I used to use it all the time for compilation CD jewel case covers, back when that was a thing people did.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Send PM

Re: free logo maker? new [Re: krick]
#338542 - 04/03/15 06:05 AM

>I love that OCR font.

Me too. I really wanted the font in the tutorial but the Q's tail hung down too low and it just didn't look right.

--

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: free logo maker? new [Re: krick]
#338548 - 04/03/15 06:36 AM

> I love that OCR font. I used to use it all the time for compilation CD jewel case
> covers, back when that was a thing people did.

I never did that. On CDs.
Cassettes, though, yeah. Except I had to create my own font, in my own drawing program, in Commodore BASIC. And flip dips inside my printer so it would would draw the 7-bit lines I used to render everything.

I couldn't do that today.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 299 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2486