MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

What's your favorite Pac-Man game?
#337781 - 03/17/15 09:03 AM

What's your favorite Pac-Man game?
Pac-Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man Plus
Super Pac-Man
Jr. Pac-Man
Pac & Pal
Pac-Land
Pac-Mania

View the results for this poll

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: What's your favorite Pac-Man game? new [Re: Big Karnak]
#337782 - 03/17/15 09:07 AM

I'm sure this poll question can be found on different website forums, but to see what the MAME devs, MAME fans, and other MAMErs feel about this game series would be interesting.

I am equally just as curious to see which is your least favorite (gets the least amount of votes) as well.

slqq
Reged: 07/19/14
Send PM

#337791 - 03/17/15 03:17 PM

Pac n Pal!

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

#337793 - 03/17/15 03:50 PM

No love for Baby Pac-Man?

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#337796 - 03/17/15 04:57 PM

>What's your favorite Pac-Man game?

My write-in selections...Abscam. Never saw the game in arcades and when first reading about it, thought it was some phony game name until dwidel found a pcb several years earlier.

Professor Pac-Man gets second even though it belongs in quiz genre category.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#337798 - 03/17/15 06:51 PM

The original is the best but you really should have put the new battle royale game on this list. Not only is it fun but it's the easiest game of all time to get chicks to play at a bar etc.

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: What's your favorite Pac-Man game? new [Re: gregf]
#337807 - 03/18/15 06:30 AM

Quote:

My write-in selections...Abscam. Never saw the game in arcades and when first reading about it, thought it was some phony game name until dwidel found a pcb several years earlier.

I wasn't including unofficial Pac-Man games. Just the official ones in the series.

Quote:

Professor Pac-Man gets second even though it belongs in quiz genre category.

Since this game is in a totally different category, I didn't want to throw it in there. (Matter-of-fact, I probably shouldn't have included Pac-Land.)

Quote:

No love for Baby Pac-Man?

For the same reasoning above, since it is a hybrid pinball/video, I chose not to throw it in there.

Quote:

The original is the best but you really should have put the new battle royale game on this list.

Since that's a new game, I didn't want to throw it in there with the rest of the good-ol' days period.

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

#337808 - 03/18/15 06:39 AM

Wow, look at Pac & Pal and Pac-Land receiving more votes (so far) than the juggernaut hit, Ms. Pac-Man.

Pac & Pal is probably the most complicated to learn how to play. (That's not saying much since the rest are kind of self explanatory... but just sayin. I'm talking about objective of the game, not strategy of course.) Also, Pac & Pal is probably the most obscure one listed.

And I had always thought that Pac-Land was hated by most.

So the results, so far, are a bit surprising.

I never took the time to read/learn strategies with these games... so I think this weekend I'm going to Google the strategies used for these games and see how I do.

Jr. Pac-Man always seemed a bit overwhelming... too much maze. But that's probably the point/main difference of that game than the previous ones made... to expand the maze field of each stage. Some may like that, some not.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#337811 - 03/18/15 07:54 AM

> So the results, so far, are a bit surprising.

Look at the absolute number of votes. The sample size is far too small to make any conclusions.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

CE DX+ [nt] new [Re: Big Karnak]
#337812 - 03/18/15 08:20 AM

LEVEL-4

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#337842 - 03/19/15 02:21 AM

I voted Pac N Pal, but would have voted for its clone, Pac Man and Chomp Chomp, because puppies.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: What's your favorite Pac-Man game? new [Re: Comboman]
#337866 - 03/19/15 09:26 AM

> No love for Baby Pac-Man?

No, because it sucks so bad. I didn't like the Pac games much at that age, but shit even I instantly knew the green screen monitor, and lack of power pellets was laaame.

It was a little hard to pick between Mspac and jrpac, cos the latter is soooo coool. But I've always played Mspac more. Pac-man is a runner-up, though.

The thing about Pac-man is, in the first two screens, I find it harder to corral the ghosts so's I can eat 'em all each pellet, and I often don't have the patience for it. And in current MAME, they are fucking cagier.

What's more curious is even though I feel Pac is harder than those two, I've broken a 100 grand a few/several times, and not on the other two.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 123 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2264