View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/28/04
Send PM

Bliss Box 4 play!!
#337502 - 03/06/15 03:11 PM

Have you guys seen this thing??!! This is the ULTIMATE emulation idea!! Lets get this thing funded!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/544...s-0/description

It is like an all-in-one to USB adapter. I want one!!!

Edited by sirscotty (03/06/15 03:12 PM)

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Bliss Box 4 play!! new [Re: sirscotty]
#337503 - 03/06/15 09:25 PM

> Lets get this thing funded!!!

Let's not. I sincerely doubt the quality will be at the level you think it will be, if they deliver on it at all.

- They link to a Chinese writeup but no English press coverage.
- They can't even get their compatibility list correct; note the bold text clarifying that PS3 controllers are not supported despite some of their descriptions stating that they are.
- There are more "Engrish"-style typos than the instructions for my last stereo. Now, granted, I know that people on this forum in particular put a pretty low value on the correct usage of English. Then again, the people who post here don't apparently want $75,000. The fact that it's rife with typos tells me one of two things: Either they didn't bother to proofread their campaign beforehand, or they couldn't find a native speaker to do so.

Alarm bells are ringing, and you can feel free to throw away your money, but I am certainly not going to.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#337506 - 03/06/15 10:48 PM Attachment: Capture.PNG 478 KB (0 downloads)

what's the game @ 0:24?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: Bliss Box 4 play!! new [Re: Andrew]
#337507 - 03/06/15 11:01 PM

Here we go :

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Bliss Box 4 play!! new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#337512 - 03/07/15 03:55 AM

> > Lets get this thing funded!!!
>
> Let's not. I sincerely doubt the quality will be at the level you think it will be,
> if they deliver on it at all.
>
> - They link to a Chinese writeup but no English press coverage.
> - They can't even get their compatibility list correct; note the bold text clarifying
> that PS3 controllers are not supported despite some of their descriptions stating
> that they are.
> - There are more "Engrish"-style typos than the instructions for my last stereo. Now,
> granted, I know that people on this forum in particular put a pretty low value on the
> correct usage of English. Then again, the people who post here don't apparently want
> $75,000. The fact that it's rife with typos tells me one of two things: Either they
> didn't bother to proofread their campaign beforehand, or they couldn't find a native
> speaker to do so.
>
> Alarm bells are ringing, and you can feel free to throw away your money, but I am
> certainly not going to.

On the contrary.... He is not a fly-by-night company. He has made the Bliss Box for years, and the build quality is amazing. He is in Orlando Florida, and I can assure you, he is as American as you and I. He is not Chinese. He is a one man operation, and made a couple of typos. The original Bliss Box that he created is BY FAR the best USB adapter out there. I have quite a few other adapters, including the RetroUSB, and the Bliss Box is by far the best!! RetroUSB STILL USES DRIVERS!! That means no Raspberry Pi, No PS3 etc.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232240-bliss-box-is-now-on-ks/?p=3128622

Just as an FYI, as I mentioned, the developer is in Orlando Florida and the production company building the product for him is in California. Nothing from China about it.

http://www.etonnet.com

Edited by sirscotty (03/07/15 05:18 AM)

roscian
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/11/07
Loc: City of Angels
Send PM

#337515 - 03/07/15 08:24 AM

I don't know about this one. But you, my friend, say you are American, with "he is as American as you and I." Now I'm thinking grammar, pronouns, subjective and objective case blah, blah, blah. And I realize it's you and me. Me, not I. Interesting, should I follow the advice of someone with such poor grammar skills. Just kidding, but no I don't trust this product.

Waremonger
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

#337517 - 03/07/15 09:19 AM

> On the contrary.... He is not a fly-by-night company. He has made the Bliss Box for
> years, and the build quality is amazing. He is in Orlando Florida, and I can assure

Honestly, when I read the Kickstarter I had the same impression as Moogly. I've only ever backed one Kickstarter (Thimbleweed Park) and that's because it was well-known developers that I have some level of trust in. While that device looks cool and it would allow me to consolidate my other USB adapters, the poor grammar of the Kickstarter scared me off.

Thanks for the links though - maybe I'll look into him further, although I barely use the USB adapters that I already own.

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Send PM

#337533 - 03/07/15 10:40 PM

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/232240-bliss-box-is-now-on-ks/?p=3128622

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Send PM

#337705 - 03/14/15 11:46 AM

http://thegeekparent.com/easily-connect-original-controllers-to-classic-games-on-a-computer/

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

#337713 - 03/14/15 08:47 PM

> http://thegeekparent.com/easily-connect-original-controllers-to-classic-games-on-a-computer/

So it's an article about the original Kickstarter campaign for it, which apparently failed with only $11,000 worth of backers against the $150,000 it was asking for. Now they've revived the Kickstarter campaign with exactly the same pitch but asking for half as much money. If they can get into production with half as much money, why were they asking for $150,000 in the first place? You're really, really not helping your argument here, bro.

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Send PM

#337714 - 03/14/15 09:56 PM

Because with $150,000 he was looking to go with retail packaging, and sell it retail. With $75,000, the lowest amount the manufacturer would take, it will be an OEM product. Brown box, simple manual instead of fancy printed manual etc. Why you have to be so negative about a product that is designed to help the community is beyond me. Like the article said, he has made the original version for years, and the original has been very well received. He is just trying to make a version that can be mass produced at a cheaper price so he can have more time to design other products.

sirscotty
MAME Fan
Send PM

#338902 - 04/14/15 02:10 PM

New video review. Simply amazing!! As mentioned, I have the earlier, single player version, and it is AWESOME!!! Lets get this thing funded!!!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/544...0/posts/1191910

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 324 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4139