MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Teclast x89:how well MAME runs on it?
#336845 - 02/10/15 04:48 PM

i've recently seen some videos of this newfangled tablet that sports an intel cpu and the possibility to dualboot both android and windows 8.many people posted videos on youtube about some native win games,which run ok,but i was more interested in knowing how well mame runs on it(or even pcsx2 or dolphin for that matter),but nobody has done it yet.any news?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Teclast x89:how well MAME runs on it? new [Re: Solstar]
#336847 - 02/10/15 06:01 PM

> i've recently seen some videos of this newfangled tablet that sports an intel cpu and
> the possibility to dualboot both android and windows 8.many people posted videos on
> youtube about some native win games,which run ok,but i was more interested in knowing
> how well mame runs on it(or even pcsx2 or dolphin for that matter),but nobody has
> done it yet.any news?

1.8 GHz Atom is gonna be borderline for MAME (probably games up to 16-bit 2D will work). I'm not up to date on what the requirements are for PCSX2/Dolphin, but I can pretty much guarantee it'll suck for SuperModel.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Teclast x89:how well MAME runs on it? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#336850 - 02/10/15 07:04 PM

hmm i see.thanks anyway.by the way,do you know any windows-based tablet suitable for those emulators?i have an nvidia shield,and while it is good for many stuff,its just not enough for what i would like to emulate.yeah ok there's always gamestreaming,but that only works if you have one of those NASA supercomputer to back it up

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#336856 - 02/10/15 10:03 PM

> hmm i see.thanks anyway.by the way,do you know any windows-based tablet suitable for
> those emulators?i have an nvidia shield,and while it is good for many stuff,its just
> not enough for what i would like to emulate.yeah ok there's always gamestreaming,but
> that only works if you have one of those NASA supercomputer to back it up

Game streaming on the SHIELD just needs a recent Nvidia card (all 6xx and later cards, I believe, have the necessary hardware MPEG4 encoder). Not exactly a supercomputer

Windows tablets are not built for heavy gaming or emulation, period. We're still at the point where it's a miracle that you can run Intel architecture code on a tablet at all. Another 2 or 3 revs and they might actually do it well.

Solstar
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Teclast x89:how well MAME runs on it? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#336858 - 02/10/15 11:11 PM

so its just a matter of video hardware?i have a quad core with 3 gb,and the "nice" people over at the nvidia forum told me that i needed an i7 with 8gb,other than one of those video card you mentioned...

thanks as usual for your advices

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#336859 - 02/10/15 11:26 PM

> so its just a matter of video hardware?i have a quad core with 3 gb,and the "nice"
> people over at the nvidia forum told me that i needed an i7 with 8gb,other than one
> of those video card you mentioned...

As far as I know, the streaming is almost free if you have a card with the hardware encoder. If you don't have one of those cards and it has to do CPU encoding than yes an i7 and 8 GB sounds like a good start.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 310 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1943