View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

ksneed
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/14/15
Send PM

ArcadePerfect Utility
#336061 - 01/14/15 09:43 PM

I'm using Ultimarc's ArcadeVGA5000 along with a horizontal arcade monitor, and am very pleased with the results for the most part. I'm experiencing the typical resolution issues with vertical games and plan to use Ultimarc's ArcadePerfect utility to tweak a few of my favorites. Before I do, I wanted to check and see if there were any recommendations/best practices/concerns in using this great tool.

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Kent

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: ArcadePerfect Utility new [Re: ksneed]
#336088 - 01/15/15 07:50 AM

> I'm using Ultimarc's ArcadeVGA5000 along with a horizontal arcade monitor, and am very pleased with the results for the most part. I'm experiencing the typical resolution issues with vertical games and plan to use Ultimarc's ArcadePerfect utility to tweak a few of my favorites.

It's like using the Nvidia Forceware, or using Powerstrip, but stripped down. I'm surprised it took 'em so long (even though that was four years ago, CRTs was about discontinued then....). There was some discussion about it here....

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=108796.0

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

ksneed
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/14/15
Send PM

Re: ArcadePerfect Utility new [Re: Traso]
#336109 - 01/15/15 11:22 PM

Traso, thank you for your response. I played with it some last night but could not figure out how to get the utility to recognize the ArcadeVGA5000 card. I noticed on the post you referenced, another user had the same issue, but I didn't see what the resolution was. I'll work on some more tonight. Thanks again

Kent

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: ArcadePerfect Utility new [Re: ksneed]
#336128 - 01/16/15 09:12 PM

Looking back at your original post, I notice you said trouble with vertical games (on an horizontal monitor). This app doesn't change scan rate, it just stretches the drawing of the image, and essentially adjusts refresh to avoid tearing.

If you want to change scan rate, you'll need to use GroovyMAME. What monitor are you using?

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3831