MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

iTunes: been using it for years and still don't get it
#336020 - 01/13/15 04:40 PM

Worst piece of software ever is the most successful. Can someone explain how to get my available music to refresh after I add mp3s into my music folder? No links please, already Googled. I've done it before but it's like no method works consistently.

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: iTunes: been using it for years and still don't get it new [Re: Smitdogg]
#336021 - 01/13/15 06:12 PM

The mp3s that you have in your iPod must be present in an identical folder on your PC.
When you have to add someone, copy the file to the PC, then drag the mp3 in iTunes and only now do you synchronize multimedial files.

It should work ...

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: iTunes: been using it for years and still don't get it new [Re: AntoPISA]
#336036 - 01/14/15 05:06 AM

Thanks, seems to be working.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#336040 - 01/14/15 06:09 AM

iTunes is a genuine clusterfuck of an interface. Even worse, they change it all around every major release, so just when you kind of have it figured out, you have to start all over again.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: iTunes: been using it for years and still don't get it new [Re: DMala]
#336041 - 01/14/15 07:16 AM

iTunes has me quarantining my iPhone likes its got ebola or somesuch. I specifically NEVER plug my iPhone into my computer, because I HATE that all kinds of shit just starts happening, like downloading way to much crap to my phone, syncing all kinds of shit so suddenly I'm getting alerts about some duouchbag's birthday I don't even know is today, junkmail addresses suddenly start loading on my iPhone, and then I can't take a picture because my memory is full.

Could you make me hate iTunes any more, Apple? My iPhone has herpes because of you! I know half of that has nothing to do with iTunes, but it does! iTunes is the ring-leader, he knows what he's doing. Plausible deniability, man.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#336045 - 01/14/15 09:24 AM

I personally go into the settings and change the location of my iTunes media library ( I only want programs and stuff I don't care much about on my C:\ drive. Everything else goes to various other drives). Then I check the blocks "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library".

Now all I have to do is import a folder of mp3s and iTunes takes care of the rest. Then delete said folder.

File->Add folder to library

Edit: The headache after that, is that when you first add new stuff to your library, it is automatically 'checked' to sync. Not a desired result when you rip a CD, import the whole thing, but only want a couple of those songs on your phone or whatever. You'll have to un-check the ones you don't want to sync over (unless you also have your device settings to "manually manage music and videos").

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: iTunes: been using it for years and still don't get it new [Re: URherenow]
#336050 - 01/14/15 01:57 PM

Your post is a perfect example of why iTunes is so shit.

URherenow
Send PM

#336054 - 01/14/15 04:26 PM

You'll get no argument from me there.

Or probably from anybody for that matter.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#336055 - 01/14/15 04:31 PM

It's amazing none of the programmers thought it might be a good idea to add a button called Refresh Music Folder Listing or similar. There is a drop down option to add a song I think, like 1 song at a time. Fucking retards.

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: iTunes: been using it for years and still don't get it new [Re: GatKong]
#336058 - 01/14/15 06:53 PM

> iTunes has me quarantining my iPhone likes its got ebola or somesuch. I specifically
> NEVER plug my iPhone into my computer, because I HATE that all kinds of shit just
> starts happening, like downloading way to much crap to my phone, syncing all kinds of
> shit so suddenly I'm getting alerts about some duouchbag's birthday I don't even know
> is today, junkmail addresses suddenly start loading on my iPhone, and then I can't
> take a picture because my memory is full.

Just installing iTunes is WRONG. It installs a lot of crappy drivers, "in case" you have an iCrap. But not some kind of unified driver, it's like four. One for iPhone/iPad, another for iPod, another for classic iPods with that wonderfully uncompatible 3-pin plug, etc. Recently a friend found an iPod and asked me to check if it worked. I installed iTunes and after using it, I go to uninstall it but after that I had to manually uninstall all the other applecrap.

> Could you make me hate iTunes any more, Apple? My iPhone has herpes because of you! I
> know half of that has nothing to do with iTunes, but it does! iTunes is the
> ring-leader, he knows what he's doing. Plausible deniability, man.

Althought I didn't know much about Apple-specifics, I had some kind of respect for their designs. But after some look at the real implementations of their ideas, like iTunes, or that wonderful Time Capsule thingy which costs your firstborn and something else, I say wank off.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

URherenow
Send PM

#336101 - 01/15/15 04:58 PM

You can add an entire folder of songs. I already said that.

file->add folder to library

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#336102 - 01/15/15 05:00 PM

Nope that option does not exist in the iTunes I have installed.

URherenow
Send PM

#336112 - 01/16/15 01:02 AM

What version are you on? It's been there as far back as I can remember. I want to say... when the original iPhone was released (when I first had the misfortune of dealing with it). This is from the latest version though:

addfolder
upload foto

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#336114 - 01/16/15 01:06 AM

I just booted it up again to check and the file menu is completely different now and has that option. Last time I opened it it only had the add file option.

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#336138 - 01/17/15 03:42 AM

I've hated iTunes since the days when you had to install it if you wanted Quicktime. Fuck that!

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

How to get iTunes to auto add Music.... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#336139 - 01/17/15 04:20 AM

Go into your iTunes Directory. I think under media->music, there is a folder named "Automatically add to iTunes" or something like that. Place new music there and the next time you start iTunes, it will scan that directory and add anything there to your collection.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2780