MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU
#335444 - 12/25/14 09:02 PM

Question for the mamedevs regarding the arcade game “Tatakae! Big Fighter (Japan)” from the armedf.c driver:

Haze mentioned on his site that this game's MCU (an i8751 MCU, according to Guru's page) needs to be dumped in order for it to be playable.

Would decapping this MCU help in that regard? Or would it have to be dumped by other means?

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU new [Re: Master O]
#335467 - 12/27/14 06:13 AM

"Decapping" covered several areas back when we had dr decapitator on our side. For example with something with a protection bit set he could remove the top then use a laser to zap the bit then read the chip in a programmer as if the bit wasn't set. Average decappers can't do that. I don't know what it will take to do this chip but probably that.

gamez fan
Reged: 02/23/13
Send PM

Re: Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU new [Re: Smitdogg]
#342751 - 07/20/15 05:40 PM

Nice looking game maybe a bootleg will turn up one day that doesn't require that undumped
prot MCU to function in MAME

Arcade Addict

Bigster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/22/09
Send PM

Re: Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU new [Re: gamez fan]
#342754 - 07/20/15 09:14 PM

Is Dr decap gone for good. Is it a money thing? I remember sending him some cash via PayPal yrs ago when there was a note on front page seeking donations. If money what about another fund raiser? Or did he quit hobby all together? Sorry if this has been hashed out, don't follow much. Sorry to hear we lost this good asset to community

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU new [Re: Bigster]
#342758 - 07/20/15 10:08 PM

> Is Dr decap gone for good.

Yep.

> Is it a money thing?

Nope. Well, sort of, but not really, no.

> I remember sending him some cash via
> PayPal yrs ago when there was a note on front page seeking donations.

I remember getting bilked out of $3,000 when Team Japump! decided to release their dump of Monkey Magic within hours of us winning an auction on a Monkey Magic board to which I contributed. Good times. You win some, you lose some.

> If money what
> about another fund raiser?

Not about the money, so wouldn't help.

> Or did he quit hobby all together?

For all intents and purposes, yes.

> Sorry if this has been
> hashed out, don't follow much.

It sort of has been, but only via a website which was borderline libelous towards Dr. Decap, though not without at least a little bit of reason.

> Sorry to hear we lost this
> good asset to community

I'm not sure he ever was a good asset to the community. He was certainly pitched as such by those who I will not name due to a (honestly undeserved) sense of decorum, but at the end of the day his work was lackadaisical at best from the get-go, and ultimately his failings have provided Team Japump! with a convenient excuse for not working with MAMEdev (not that they really ever did in the first place).

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#342760 - 07/20/15 10:24 PM

^
This is THE most confusing explanation I ever read on forums... ...but still, Thank You

Bigster
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/22/09
Send PM

Re: Tatakae! Big Fighter MCU new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#342772 - 07/21/15 04:53 AM

MooglyGuy thx for clarifying. Sorry about Monkey Magic, I donated to that one as well. Was worth the risk of buying given the rarity but I always thought that buying the rare ones has the risk that the "collector" selling will release the roms right after sale.

If bouncer shows up someday and sells for ridiculous sum (which we all would contribute to), would not be surprised if former employee owned game, sold game, then released roms. There was a beavis and butthead on ebay for 3k years ago and i could help but think that the owner would have released the cd-rom data as soon as auction over.

I got three effin posts this year, going back to lurking! see you next year to celebrate my 20 year anniversary in emulation.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 378 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2419