MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Tips for creating avi from MAME
#334903 - 12/05/14 04:09 PM

Someone more experienced than me, has any advice for me for realize movies from MAME games (like those made by Circo)?
I intend to shoot movies of 30 seconds for each game "working" that is added up to produce a new collection to add to my site.
Do you have detailed suggestions? Which programs to use and how to make the process as fast as possible?

Thanks.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Tips for creating avi from MAME new [Re: AntoPISA]
#334907 - 12/05/14 06:24 PM

You'd probably want to go MP4 or MKV using the appropriate software, but I'm not an expert in that field.

Also, keep in mind there are people that play vertical games on a horizontal display and others that play on a dedicated vertical display, so you would have to do those games twice while keeping distinction and separation between the files.

You sure you have this kind of time to dedicate to this when it's already been done? If so, more power to you and best of luck with progression

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#335046 - 12/10/14 12:26 PM

That's nice. Do you plan to keep the games original resolution (would be best I think) or set them to a specific res ?

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

AntoPISA
MAME Snapper
Reged: 09/15/08
Loc: Pisa, Italy
Send PM

Re: Tips for creating avi from MAME new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#335048 - 12/10/14 02:45 PM

For now it's just an idea; I thought it would be right that the videos were in the original resolution.

Site: https://www.progettosnaps.net/
Board: progetto-SNAPS Official Board
Twitter: @progettosnaps

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

#335058 - 12/10/14 07:32 PM

I did this recently for a Raiden 2/DX video snap. I just used Fraps to capture the video and Handbrake to convert it to MP4.

I'm pretty sure Mame will output something itself. However, I had issues with various flavors of Mame (specifically SDL) in regards to screen snaps and video snaps, so I just used Fraps.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

MAME natively does AVI.... new [Re: lamprey]
#335177 - 12/16/14 07:08 AM

I don't know the command, it's probably just -aviwrite, but it's been in for an age. It's uncompressed, though, so big files real quick.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 333 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1699