View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DreamAuthentics
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/05/12
Send PM

MameWorld Server Update
#334618 - 11/24/14 06:14 PM

Hello. Good news is we have finally completed Mameworld new server migration. The site is as busy as ever and we continually monitor server performance logs. We decided to move our entire hosting platform to the cloud. While we were migrating we also changed our server platform which will significantly boost site and database performance. Needless to say we are glad the migration has been successful and we hope the community will both notice and appreciate the enhanced hosting platform. As always, please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Game On!

www.mameworld.info

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MameWorld Server Update new [Re: DreamAuthentics]
#334625 - 11/25/14 05:08 AM

Attachments still seem to be broken.

rtw
lurker
Reged: 09/27/05
Send PM

Re: MameWorld Server Update new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#334628 - 11/25/14 09:33 AM

What happened to Mr Do's site ?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

mrdo.mameworld.info not working new [Re: DreamAuthentics]
#334633 - 11/25/14 05:10 PM

> Hello. Good news is we have finally completed Mameworld new server migration. The
> site is as busy as ever and we continually monitor server performance logs. We
> decided to move our entire hosting platform to the cloud. While we were migrating we
> also changed our server platform which will significantly boost site and database
> performance. Needless to say we are glad the migration has been successful and we
> hope the community will both notice and appreciate the enhanced hosting platform. As
> always, please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Game On!
>
> www.mameworld.info

PM sent

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: MameWorld Server Update new [Re: DreamAuthentics]
#334655 - 11/26/14 06:30 PM

> Hello. Good news is we have finally completed Mameworld new server migration. The
> site is as busy as ever and we continually monitor server performance logs. We
> decided to move our entire hosting platform to the cloud. While we were migrating we
> also changed our server platform which will significantly boost site and database
> performance. Needless to say we are glad the migration has been successful and we
> hope the community will both notice and appreciate the enhanced hosting platform. As
> always, please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns. Game On!
>
> www.mameworld.info

There's still plenty of issues. I got 504 Gateway Time-out while posting the MAME changelog, for crying out loud. I imagine you are probably going to need to bump up the speeds on your cloud server. Old site was much more responsive.

I will try to be patient while issues continue to be resolved.

- Stiletto

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: MameWorld Server Update new [Re: Stiletto]
#334663 - 11/26/14 11:43 PM

> There's still plenty of issues. I got 504 Gateway Time-out while posting the MAME
> changelog, for crying out loud. I imagine you are probably going to need to bump up
> the speeds on your cloud server. Old site was much more responsive.

Page load times are all over the place now. Sometimes it's quick, but it often takes seconds for the server to respond at all. It also doesn't seem to be doing a good job of tracking read/unread posts any more. Definitely a worse experience than before.

RobbbertModerator
Sir
Reged: 08/21/04
Loc: A long way from you
Send PM

Re: MameWorld Server Update new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#334668 - 11/27/14 12:28 AM

SecretAgentMan
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Illinois (Central)
Send PM

Re: MameWorld Server Update new [Re: Robbbert]
#334675 - 11/27/14 02:19 AM

> > > There's still plenty of issues. I got 504 Gateway Time-out while posting the MAME
> > > changelog, for crying out loud. I imagine you are probably going to need to bump
> up
> > > the speeds on your cloud server. Old site was much more responsive.
> >
> > Page load times are all over the place now. Sometimes it's quick, but it often
> takes
> > seconds for the server to respond at all. It also doesn't seem to be doing a good
> job
> > of tracking read/unread posts any more. Definitely a worse experience than before.
>
> Much the same here. No problem so far with read/unread posts. Getting a 504 gateway
> timeout sometimes. The performance generally is bad.

Bad performance and some websites are still not working.

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!"

Jack Buck

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 746 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2818