MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Are you there God? It's me, Gatinho.
#334465 - 11/13/14 09:37 PM Attachment: noWay.gif 0 KB (0 downloads)

... and I was wondering... those 10 hour videos on Youtube... are they for real?

I can't play them past about 6hr45min. After that they get unstable and just lockup my browser, and eventually the computer itself.

So are they REALLY 10 hours.

Case in point: it's set to start at 9hr55min. Pero no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Uz1icjwrM&feature=youtu.be&t=595m

But even if I let it play in the back ground, and let the enticing and enchanting melody build... it still cranks at about 6hr45min.

I was hoping at the end of this ten hour saga to find out where the hell the hobbits went. It probably reveals this at the end, like a cliff hanger, or a sudden plot twist. I'll never know.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Are you there God? It's me, Gatinho. new [Re: GatKong]
#334466 - 11/13/14 09:58 PM

> ... and I was wondering... those 10 hour videos on Youtube... are they for real?
>
> I can't play them past about 6hr45min. After that they get unstable and just lockup
> my browser, and eventually the computer itself.
>
> So are they REALLY 10 hours.
>
> Case in point: it's set to start at 9hr55min. Pero no.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Uz1icjwrM&feature=youtu.be&t=595m
>
> But even if I let it play in the back ground, and let the enticing and enchanting
> melody build... it still cranks at about 6hr45min.
>
> I was hoping at the end of this ten hour saga to find out where the hell the hobbits
> went. It probably reveals this at the end, like a cliff hanger, or a sudden plot
> twist. I'll never know.

There is an ending of sorts to that Hobbit thing during the last minute, but I'm pretty sure that other than that it just repeats the same few minutes for the preceding 9:59:xx. I'm too busy with TBoI:R to actually let a video play in the background for a full 10 hours. Or even one hour.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Are you there Gor? It's me, Gatinho. new [Re: GatKong]
#334467 - 11/14/14 12:23 AM

> ... and I was wondering... those 10 hour videos on Youtube... are they for real?
>

Yes.

And from now on, stop playing with yourself.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Are you there God? It's me, Gatinho. new [Re: GatKong]
#334468 - 11/14/14 12:32 AM

>
> I can't play them past about 6hr45min. After that they get unstable and just lockup
> my browser, and eventually the computer itself.

Update Flash or browser or both. Here I can skip to any time in the vid and see the ending. They're taking the hobbits to [spoiler].

I predict Chrome to evolve into what Internet Explorer was: incompatible with everything except itself. So try Firefox.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

He uses a Mac.... :-| new [Re: Pi]
#334471 - 11/14/14 07:16 AM

> > ... and I was wondering... those 10 hour videos on Youtube... are they for real?
> >
> > I can't play them past about 6hr45min. After that they get unstable and just lockup
> > my browser, and eventually the computer itself.
>
> Update Flash or browser or both. Here I can skip to any time in the vid and see the
> ending. They're taking the hobbits to [spoiler].
>
> I predict Chrome to evolve into what Internet Explorer was: incompatible with
> everything except itself. So try Firefox.

& probably the Safari browser.

LEVEL-4

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: He uses a Mac.... :-| new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#334477 - 11/14/14 07:14 PM

Ah well but there's Firefox for Mac, he could give it a try.

> > I predict Chrome to evolve into what Internet Explorer was: incompatible with
> > everything except itself. So try Firefox.
>
> & probably the Safari browser.

Mmmm well I have this customer who is so damn interested in his page working for Safari because he thinks her fellow designers will only use iPhones and Macs to watch it, and it has been a great headache to make it look the same in Chrome/Firefox/IE than it looks in Safari...

So Safari will not evolve to be incompatible, it is already due to some poor support in certain CSS areas that I consider basic and essential. Of course your mileage might vary, but I've had nothing but problems with Safari and old IE, which I would have expected in old IE but not in Safari. Chrome is still good but he tends to "interpret" the standards in original ways.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: He uses a Mac.... :-| new [Re: Pi]
#334478 - 11/14/14 07:59 PM

> Ah well but there's Firefox for Mac, he could give it a try.
>
> > > I predict Chrome to evolve into what Internet Explorer was: incompatible with
> > > everything except itself. So try Firefox.
> >
> > & probably the Safari browser.
>
> Mmmm well I have this customer who is so damn interested in his page working for
> Safari because he thinks her fellow designers will only use iPhones and Macs to watch
> it, and it has been a great headache to make it look the same in Chrome/Firefox/IE
> than it looks in Safari...
>
> So Safari will not evolve to be incompatible, it is already due to some poor support
> in certain CSS areas that I consider basic and essential. Of course your mileage
> might vary, but I've had nothing but problems with Safari and old IE, which I would
> have expected in old IE but not in Safari. Chrome is still good but he tends to
> "interpret" the standards in original ways.

Ok. Problem solved. It turns out there was no Safari incompatibility with a 10 hour Youtube video. In fact, there is no 10 hour You Tube videos to begin with... they are, of course limited to 15 minutes. There's not even a Safari either. It took me a while to accept this, but I eventually came to accept it. There isn't even a Google Chrome, or a Fire Fox. The whole thing made sense when I called customer support, and I got Steven... who walked me through the process. I had been surfing a virtual reality website at Oculus Rift using Internet Explorer, and over time I forgot the reality I was in was virtual. I got caught in a loop where other browsers seemed possible, one browser surfing from within Internet Explorer, as if other browsers could coexist in a compatible world. Running into the 10 hour paradox just brought the whole virtual world in on itself, each nested within another, but it's all good. Steven helped me close all those virtual windows, and slowly brought me back to the window I started with at Oculus, using Internet Explorer.

I saw the end of the video. It has an end. I was there, and back again.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Be the Steven new [Re: GatKong]
#334480 - 11/15/14 02:08 AM

Steven is one.

Steven is all.

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 458 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2764