View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Riddle me this, Batman.
#333718 - 10/23/14 05:48 PM Attachment: motives.jpg 53 KB (0 downloads)

Why is it perfectly acceptable for a woman to point out a man's bald spot in a conversational group... but an absolute disgrace for a man to point out a woman's weight gain in the same conversational group.

"You're looking a little thin up top, there Bob."

Everyone chuckles. Bob's expected to take it in stride as "good humor".

"Putting on a little weight these days, eh, Glades?"

No one chuckles. The consensus is Bob was mean, and should apologize, and if this were a work place he could be fired for this comment.

To objectively look at the situation...
Bob has no control over his hair loss.
Glades has control over her weight gain.
Both are likely areas of some self-consiousness for the affected person.

What would Pac-Man do?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: GatKong]
#333729 - 10/23/14 08:58 PM

> "Putting on a little weight these days, eh, Glades?"
>
> No one chuckles. The consensus is Bob was mean, and should apologize, and if this
> were a work place he could be fired for this comment.

I work as a volunteer in an association for families, where they mostly work with women, and where everyone (99% women) has all these progresist ideas and open minds, but I often put imaginary examples like this one to show them they are still sexist and their discrimination is as bad as the others' but just weighing to the other side of the scale. They all say yes you're right and 5 minutes later they're doing the same stuff again and again...

> What would Pac-Man do?

Eat a pill. He always solves any situation eating a pill. I bet his first name is Renton or Sick Boy or something like that.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#333732 - 10/23/14 10:01 PM

> Why is it perfectly acceptable for a woman to point out a man's bald spot in a
> conversational group... but an absolute disgrace for a man to point out a woman's
> weight gain in the same conversational group.
>
> "You're looking a little thin up top, there Bob."
>
> Everyone chuckles. Bob's expected to take it in stride as "good humor".
>
>
> "Putting on a little weight these days, eh, Glades?"
>
> No one chuckles. The consensus is Bob was mean, and should apologize, and if this
> were a work place he could be fired for this comment.

Instead, you... er, "Bob" should affirm (or insinuate) the positive. Say something that suggests Glades... er, Gladys? is expecting a bundle of joy.

It also has the double entendre that Gladys is actually getting some.

Now, if anyone says you're being mean it would imply that Gladys isn't pretty or attractive enough.... Er, I suppose if Gladys isn't known to be in a relationship it could mean she's a slut.... That probably drinks..... socially. You know, because beer goggles.

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#333745 - 10/24/14 03:09 AM

> Instead, you... er, "Bob" should affirm (or insinuate) the positive.

Purely hypothetical for arguments sake, since today I overheard a woman pointing out a dude's bald spot "in jest"... and my first thought was... who are you to be so judgmental Ms. Glasshouse.

> Er, I suppose if Gladys isn't known to be in a relationship it could mean she's a slut.... That probably drinks..... socially. You know, because beer goggles.

Tom... I'm not following you.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#333748 - 10/24/14 03:54 AM

> > Er, I suppose if Gladys isn't known to be in a relationship it could mean she's a
> > slut.... That probably drinks..... socially. You know, because beer goggles.
>
> Tom... I'm not following you.

Rather than saying that Gladys has gained weight, congratulate her on getting pregnant. That way you're pretending that you're complimenting her when you're really saying she's fat. Saying she's pregnant also implies she has an active sex life. To have an active sex life she must be attractive enough for someone to want to have sex with her.

If she isn't known to be in a relationship, she's either hiding her relationship, or having unprotected sex outside a relationship which Tom considers slutty. Alcohol could also be involved, which could reduce the attractiveness threshold required for someone to want to have sex with her.

Tom going off on a tangent again.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#333759 - 10/24/14 12:28 PM

> Tom going off on a tangent again.

LEVEL-4

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#333761 - 10/24/14 12:32 PM

Sausage dogs are cute.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#333762 - 10/24/14 02:17 PM

> > Why is it perfectly acceptable for a woman to point out a man's bald spot in a
> > conversational group... but an absolute disgrace for a man to point out a woman's
> > weight gain in the same conversational group.
> >
> > "You're looking a little thin up top, there Bob."
> >
> > Everyone chuckles. Bob's expected to take it in stride as "good humor".
> >
> >
> > "Putting on a little weight these days, eh, Glades?"
> >
> > No one chuckles. The consensus is Bob was mean, and should apologize, and if this
> > were a work place he could be fired for this comment.
>
>
> Instead, you... er, "Bob" should affirm (or insinuate) the positive. Say something
> that suggests Glades... er, Gladys? is expecting a bundle of joy.
>
> It also has the double entendre that Gladys is actually getting some.
>
>
> Now, if anyone says you're being mean it would imply that Gladys isn't pretty or
> attractive enough.... Er, I suppose if Gladys isn't known to be in a relationship it
> could mean she's a slut.... That probably drinks..... socially. You know, because
> beer goggles.

In female-speak, asking a woman if she's pregnant is just you saying she's fat. There really isn't any positive involved for her. And that's not even considering that you're actually trying to call her a slutty, slutty ho-bag in your own fun way.

Also, I haven't lost any weight. While my waist has shrunk some, I've weighed almost the exact same (give or take 2-3 lbs) since at least last June. So stop asking.
Bah, at least I have a full head of hair.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

#333782 - 10/25/14 04:51 AM

Such double standards are *everywhere*. For example, when a woman in her 40's, 50's, etc decides to buy a sports car, dress like she is in her 20's, and so on, other women say that she is being empowered to live the life she wants. But, when a man does exactly the same thing, women scoff that he is going through a mid-life crisis. LOL ! Ahhh, it makes my

Moose

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: Moose]
#333783 - 10/25/14 04:54 AM

> Such double standards are *everywhere*. For example, when a woman in her 40's, 50's,
> etc decides to buy a sports car, dress like she is in her 20's, and so on, other
> women say that she is being empowered to live the life she wants. But, when a man
> does exactly the same thing, women scoff that he is going through a mid-life crisis.
> LOL ! Ahhh, it makes my

I dunno, if that 50 year old dude riding around in his midlife crisis has some promiscuous, social-drinking chick half his age on his arm, I think, "Good job."

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: Gor]
#333807 - 10/26/14 02:49 AM

> I dunno, if that 50 year old dude riding around in his midlife crisis has some
> promiscuous, social-drinking chick half his age on his arm, I think, "Good job."

Yes, absolutely ! And by the same token if a 50 year old lady has a guy half her age, then I also think "good job".

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#333966 - 10/29/14 08:25 PM

> Sausage dogs are cute.

And good ea-tin! Anyways, Tomu didn't run off, he extemporized. People who think farther, more broadly, than most do this sort of thing. Connections.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Riddle me this, Batman. new [Re: Moose]
#333968 - 10/29/14 08:29 PM

I think who cares. Deny Culture.

Or, at least be clever:

- oh, yes, but with less doo, my brain works better.

- oh, but that's not the head that counts!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 379 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2823