MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Turbosub.com Update
#333659 - 10/22/14 07:51 PM

From turbosub2005: http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showpost.php?p=2899312&postcount=111

Quote:

After 4 years..... The website http://www.turbosub.com has finally been updated (Sorry for the delay)

Hopefully the new format will be easier to follow

Also added the some expanded sections, more information, and some great artwork from 'Bouncer'

Also added a 'narrative' of the my search so far, some names have been changed to 'protect the innocent, the not so innocent, the guilty, at a persons request, or because it is an active lead that is being pursued'

Still have some more work to do, but it's a start..... Focus is usually behind the scenes anyway.... actually 3 irons in the fire currently!!

- Stiletto

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: Turbosub.com Update new [Re: Stiletto]
#333661 - 10/22/14 08:21 PM

I have an intact Turbo Sub control panel with yoke controller, I've never tested it, but it appears to all be in working order.

It's just in a box in storage. I have no use for it. I was going to use it for my MAME cab project until I realized that only about 20 of them were ever produced.

Edited by Gatinho (10/22/14 08:24 PM)

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Turbosub.com Update new [Re: GatKong]
#333663 - 10/22/14 09:53 PM

Gat, I'm just curious. How the hell did you wind up with that control panel? How 'bout a nice high rez pic for the control panel packs.

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Turbosub.com Update new [Re: Antny]
#333666 - 10/22/14 11:27 PM

> Gat, I'm just curious. How the hell did you wind up with that control panel?

Well... I was building my MAME cab and I wanted a yoke for the analogue games, and at the time Star Wars yokes were impossible to find for cheap... and this "Yoke Controller Identical to Star Wars" turned up on EBay for cheap. It was advertised as being a good replacement part for a Star Wars cab restoration. I was a little nervous, but it was cheap enough to be worth checking it out, so I bought it. When it arrived, it was in a giant box... much bigger than a yoke should be, and when I opened it, it was the entire CP. I was like, "What's this shit?", and I was bummed the yoke was built into the CP, which is metal. Tearing the yoke out from the CP would require some effort. I felt ripped off. I set it aside until I had the time and motivation to tear it up. I ended up getting an actual Star Wars yoke, so I tried to sell it as a "Just Like Star Wars Yoke" but no bites, so I just boxed up the CP and put it in the barn with all my other junk. Years later I realized what it was. Yeah, I can get pics.

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Pic new [Re: GatKong]
#333667 - 10/22/14 11:45 PM Attachment: steeringCP.jpg 21 KB (2 downloads)

Here's a pic I found on my computer of it.

I'll dig it out for better up-close pics probably this weekend.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Pic new [Re: GatKong]
#333673 - 10/23/14 12:43 AM

That's quite a story. A rare one indeed. Thanks for getting pictures. I'm on a quest to help improve all artwork packs......no rush, whenever.

I'm sure that control panel would be worth its weight in gold to someone who may own that rare, full sized game.

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Any instructions? new [Re: GatKong]
#333674 - 10/23/14 12:48 AM

I already dug it out. I had to make sure it didn't get thrown away in the last purge when we moved/downsized. "I" wouldn't throw it away... but you know how that goes... "Oh, that big box with that junky arcade thing? I threw that away. Did you still want it?" LOL. No. I still have it.

Any specific instructions/requests on what kind of pictures/angles you are looking for?

To begin, taking a clean shot of the CP without the yoke attached (like one would do to scan the CP) is not an option. That was the whole reason this thing still exists intact. The metal surface of the control panel is incorporated into the box-frame of the yolk, such that the entire CP is a physical part of the yoke... they are inseparable short of cutting the footprint of the yolk out of the CP.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Any instructions? new [Re: GatKong]
#333677 - 10/23/14 01:30 AM

> they are
> inseparable short of cutting the footprint of the yolk out of the CP.

To make an omelet you have to be willing to break a few eggs. j/k

LEVEL-4

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Any instructions? new [Re: GatKong]
#333678 - 10/23/14 02:28 AM

>I already dug it out. I had to make sure it didn't get thrown away in the last purge >when we moved/downsized. "I" wouldn't throw it away... but you know how that >goes... "Oh, that big box with that junky arcade thing? I threw that away. Did you still >want it?" LOL. No. I still have it.

Wait, how can you be married to my wife? LOL

>Any specific instructions/requests on what kind of pictures/angles you are looking for?

Just a few (high pixel if possible) straight shots encompassing the entire control panel, not cut off on the ends (I can always crop it). Straight on shots....maybe one from the front as if the panel was at the same height as your eyes. Then work your way up with a few shots, as if your are starting to look down at it. I nice shot of the yoke (close up) would be good also.

>To begin, taking a clean shot of the CP without the yoke attached (like one would do to >scan the CP) is not an option. That was the whole reason this thing still exists intact. >The metal surface of the control panel is incorporated into the box-frame of the yolk, >such that the entire CP is a physical part of the yoke... they are inseparable short of >cutting the footprint of the yolk out of the CP.

I understand, with the yoke would be preferred. I attached an image of one I sorta like (not that I'm anyone to make a decision). The angle of your originally pic would be one of the shots (closer to where the cp fills the image without cutting anything off). The more options the better.

Oddly enough this would probably one of the only options to get shots of the control panel, considering how rare it is.

Thanks x 2

GatKong
Tetris Mason
Send PM

OOOP! I forgot. new [Re: Antny]
#334261 - 11/05/14 04:30 PM

Until just now, sitting here contemplating the meaning of life.

This week is super busy though. Maybe this weekend.

Just to let you know I didn't forget. Well, I did, but now I remembered, so

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

Re: OOOP! I forgot. new [Re: GatKong]
#334264 - 11/05/14 08:52 PM

No rush....whenever. Thanks in advance.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 201 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2640