View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

mjwalsh72
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/27/14
Send PM

ArcadeVGA 5000 Problems with WG U3000 Monitor
#332463 - 09/28/14 03:16 PM

I purchased an ArcadeVGA 5000 to upgrade a Dream Authentics arcade cabinet from 2008 that I bought. I'm having a problem getting the new computer and new video card to work together with the monitor.

Here are the components

Arcade monitor: Well-Gardner U3000 27" (pretty sure)
Video Card: Ultimarc ArcadeVGA 5000
Motherboard: asrock fm2a55m-hd+

When I boot up the computer with the arcade monitor connected I see the windows text for a couple seconds then hear lout clicking from the monitor. Like it's trying to turn on and off. Then it stops clicking and shows no connection.

I can get everything to work perfectly through a LCD monitor from the build in video component. But this only when the video card is not installed. Whenever I put the video card in the LCD monitor will not longer work through the built in video component. It says Analog Signal. I'm not able to get the LCD monitor working through the second input on the video card either. It says out of frequency range, or something like that.

I'm not sure if there is a problem with some setting or that the Video Card and Motherboard aren't compatible. I checked all 3 manufacturer sites and a number of forums and I can't find any answers. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: ArcadeVGA 5000 Problems with WG U3000 Monitor new [Re: mjwalsh72]
#332540 - 09/30/14 04:43 AM

I think the AVGA is still set up the same way - meaning, you have the card outputs mixed. The first one is for set-up and maintenance, you use a PC monitor; the second one is for arcade monitors. Try that.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

mjwalsh72
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ArcadeVGA 5000 Problems with WG U3000 Monitor new [Re: Traso]
#332746 - 10/04/14 06:39 AM

That worked.

Now when the computer boots up it shows the initial microsoft loading bar and then instead of the monitor clicking it just goes off and displays OUT OF RANGE.

I can start in safe mode and get into windows fine but when I start normally it goes out of range before the OS loads.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#332773 - 10/04/14 10:19 PM

> That worked.
>
> Now when the computer boots up it shows the initial microsoft loading bar and then
> instead of the monitor clicking it just goes off and displays OUT OF RANGE.
>
> I can start in safe mode and get into windows fine but when I start normally it goes
> out of range before the OS loads.
>
> Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Desktop resolution can't exceed 640x480. As I recall, that's what the tri-sync utility is for.

mjwalsh72
MAME Fan
Send PM

#333072 - 10/11/14 02:07 AM Attachment: image1.PNG 341 KB (2 downloads)

I've made some progress but still not able to get the monitor to work.

I was able to get the a lcd monitor working with the card when plugged into the DVI port. I then installed all the drivers and rebooted with the arcade monitor hooked up to the VGA port. The monitor clicks about 5 times when it first starts then goes black until it hits the windows7 screen and jumbled white static looking screen appears for a seconds and then goes black for good.

I am able to boot up under windows safe mode with the same set up (arcade monitor hooked up to VGA port). There I'm able to select the monitor type form the tri-sync utility. I tied all 3 option but every time I boot in normal mode it fails at the windows7 screen.

Any thoughts?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#333074 - 10/11/14 04:17 AM Attachment: Switchres.zip 11 KB (6 downloads)

I'm doing this from memory from over a year ago so bear with me...

Here's something you can try. Unzip the attached file, make a shortcut to 1 of the 3 files (I would start with 640X288 first) and put that shortcut into your windows startup folder. This will run after the OS has loaded its' settings and change the resolution to a 640x228 non-interlaced resolution. The monitor should kick back to that res & you'll be at your desktop. (You could also set it up to run it with a shortcut key from the blank screen too).
That's only if you have everything installed correctly...
Also you may want to adjust your font sizes & types beforehand. At the lower rezes text can be extremely hard to read since the bpp is different on the arcade crt.

I had the same problems. For awhile I had it exactly the opposite. The older games worked fine, but I had to run the 800x600 interlaced to play newer games in MAME.

Hope that helps at least a little...Good luck!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: ArcadeVGA 5000 Problems with WG U3000 Monitor new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#333079 - 10/11/14 06:47 AM

Like I said, the desktop resolution CAN'T exceed VGA.

> I'm doing this from memory from over a year ago so bear with me...
>
> Here's something you can try. Unzip the attached file, make a shortcut to 1 of the 3
> files (I would start with 640X288 first) and put that shortcut into your windows
> startup folder. This will run after the OS has loaded its' settings and change the
> resolution to a 640x228 non-interlaced resolution. The monitor should kick back to
> that res & you'll be at your desktop. (You could also set it up to run it with a
> shortcut key from the blank screen too).
> That's only if you have everything installed correctly...
> Also you may want to adjust your font sizes & types beforehand. At the lower rezes
> text can be extremely hard to read since the bpp is different on the arcade crt.
>
> I had the same problems. For awhile I had it exactly the opposite. The older games
> worked fine, but I had to run the 800x600 interlaced to play newer games in MAME.
>
> Hope that helps at least a little...Good luck!

mjwalsh72
MAME Fan
Send PM

#333532 - 10/20/14 05:33 PM

I think that I finally have it figured out. I repeatedly followed the steps outlined on the manufactures site and suggestions from this thread but still couldn't get it to work. Reinstalling the drivers, changing the resolution, re-running tri-synch utility, etc.

It seems as though the reason the monitor was failing on boot up was that I had the Windows 7 splash screen turned off. Someone in one of the forums suggested to do this as it might be conflicting with the preferred monitor resolution. Once I turned it back on it was able to boot up fine.

The monitor still goes through a series of loud clicks (about 7-8) at the beginning. I'm hoping this isn't something that will eventually damage the monitor. Other than that everything seems to be working pretty well.

Traso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#333541 - 10/20/14 08:10 PM

> The monitor still goes through a series of loud clicks (about 7-8) at the beginning. I'm hoping this isn't something that will eventually damage the monitor. Other than that everything seems to be working pretty well.

Groovy. The clicks are it trying to sync when it can't. I don't know how you can 'turn off' the boot screen - unless that means going into msconfig and selecting 'nobootgui' - which I've long done on XP, and it just doesn't show the image, but still displays that resolution. However, that resolution is 640x480. I've been looking up how/whether one can change the boot resolution, but I can't find anything...

mjwalsh72
MAME Fan
Send PM

#333559 - 10/20/14 10:28 PM

Yeah I was selecting nobootgui in msconfig. For whatever reason my monitor did not like the combination of ArcadeVGA 5000, Windows 7, and nobootgui.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> Ultimarc
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Andy Warne 
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 8468