MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt.
#332226 - 09/24/14 12:27 AM

I notice there is a hyper speed Star Trek ship video on this game. I bet nobody caught that back in the day.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Comboman
Can't think of a good title
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Halifax, Canada
Send PM

Re: Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt. new [Re: Dullaron]
#332234 - 09/24/14 04:45 AM

Astron Belt uses footage from 3 different movies (Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan, Message from Space, and Battle Beyond the Stars) as well as film shot specifically for the game.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt. new [Re: Comboman]
#332245 - 09/24/14 07:54 AM

> Astron Belt uses footage from 3 different movies (Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan, Message
> from Space, and Battle Beyond the Stars) as well as film shot specifically for the
> game.

I've heard of 'Arcade at the Movies' but not 'Movies at the Arcade'.

LEVEL-4

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt. new [Re: Comboman]
#332247 - 09/24/14 09:32 AM

> Astron Belt uses footage from 3 different movies (Star Trek 2 Wrath of Khan, Message
> from Space, and Battle Beyond the Stars) as well as film shot specifically for the
> game.

It like they didn't even try make their own videos. I wonder how they got away with this. Copy rights holder. lol

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt. new [Re: Dullaron]
#332277 - 09/25/14 05:32 AM

> It like they didn't even try make their own videos. I wonder how they got away with this. Copy rights holder. lol

I bet Sega licensed it. The same year their Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator came out.

Battle Beyond the Stars....jesus that was stupid. But you can hear a pre-eminent John Horner. It's pretty much Wrath of Kahn main music.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt. new [Re: Traso]
#332283 - 09/25/14 06:38 AM

> > It like they didn't even try make their own videos. I wonder how they got away with
> this. Copy rights holder. lol
>
> I bet Sega licensed it. The same year their Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator
> came out.
>
>
> Battle Beyond the Stars....jesus that was stupid. But you can hear a pre-eminent John
> Horner. It's pretty much Wrath of Kahn main music.

Oddly enough, Sega also planned on making a Star Trek III: The Search For Spock laserdisc arcade game.

http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Star_Trek_3:_The_Search_for_Spock

- Stiletto

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Reged: 01/09/04
Send PM

#332323 - 09/26/14 02:46 AM

> > It like they didn't even try make their own videos. I wonder how they got away with
> this. Copy rights holder. lol
>
> I bet Sega licensed it. The same year their Star Trek: Strategic Operations Simulator
> came out.
>
>
> Battle Beyond the Stars....jesus that was stupid. But you can hear a pre-eminent John

Not to mention, you also get John-boy Walton...

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces!"- Nick Mason, Pink Floyd

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#332337 - 09/26/14 12:33 PM

Battle Beyond the Stars is an absolute classic film.

There is also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z351Gqxiv8E

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Star Trak ship on the Astron Belt. new [Re: ]
#332353 - 09/26/14 07:41 PM

@Brian Duel: yeah, ol john boy. I think the Waltons was still on prime time, though.

> Battle Beyond the Stars is an absolute classic film.
>
> There is also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z351Gqxiv8E

I've never been part of the 'it's so stupid it's funny' camp. Space Hunter was probably a bit less dumb. I haven't seen it since I accidentally caught it on cable one night in perhaps '84. Metalstorm: the destruction of Jared Sin is pretty dumb, too, but not like totally dumb, just kinda silly and ridiculous. The best thing in it is Dogen and Dhyana's kiss. That scene should be required curriculum for anyone under 30. Or maybe 35.

> Oddly enough, Sega also planned on making a Star Trek III: The Search For Spock laserdisc arcade game.

http://mamedev.emulab.it/undumped/index.php?title=Star_Trek_3:_The_Search_for_Spock

> - Stiletto

Curious. Hehn. I bet the height of those display monitors was due to the freakin S E G A in the front of the space........

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#332398 - 09/27/14 05:32 PM

> I've never been part of the 'it's so stupid it's funny' camp. Space Hunter was
> probably a bit less dumb.

I liked Battle Beyond The Stars more than Space Hunter, but less than The Last Starfighter.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 336 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4338