MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

The Simpsons dedicated cabinet, this can't be official right?
#330797 - 08/28/14 07:02 AM Attachment: simpsons2p2.png 300 KB (0 downloads)

The Simpsons dedicated arcade cabinet, this can't be official right?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: The Simpsons dedicated cabinet, this can't be official right? new [Re: Big Karnak]
#330799 - 08/28/14 07:05 AM Attachment: simpsons2p.png 1599 KB (0 downloads)

Here's another cabinet like that. It's making me think that it might actually be a real, official dedicated The Simpsons arcade cabinet. It would be quite a coincidence if there happened to be two identical custom made The Simpsons arcade cabinets that are located at two separate locations.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: The Simpsons dedicated cabinet, this can't be official right? new [Re: Big Karnak]
#330800 - 08/28/14 07:32 AM

It somehow checks out on System16, but I've never seen anything remotely that ugly being official "anything" past Kyle Hodgetts in real life, and it's so fucking ugly that I still tend to agree with you and think even System16 had to of been duped because the only thing logical to do with something that ugly is puke or shit on it, I honestly need something better looking than that eyesore to even wipe my asshole on. That is the worst, most shit sorry bootleg looking piece of dog shit I have ever seen, and if I ever meet the asshole who designed it so help me god. Honestly it has to be a custom job from some UK dipshit (30p).

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#330801 - 08/28/14 07:46 AM

> Here's another cabinet like that. It's making me think that it might actually be a
> real, official dedicated The Simpsons arcade cabinet. It would be quite a coincidence
> if there happened to be two identical custom made The Simpsons arcade cabinets that
> are located at two separate locations.

Third:

Seems to be British only, so it's either Konami (UK) (if that existed) or a cabinet built by a British distributor.

The "official cabinet" situation for arcade games in general is much more complex than you might think.

- Stiletto

Phil Bennett
L'Emuchat
Reged: 04/20/04
Send PM

Re: The Simpsons dedicated cabinet, this can't be official right? new [Re: Stiletto]
#330803 - 08/28/14 10:04 AM

> Seems to be British only, so it's either Konami (UK) (if that existed) or a cabinet
> built by a British distributor.
>
> The "official cabinet" situation for arcade games in general is much more complex
> than you might think.

I saw a few of these back in the day in addition to the regular 4P upright cabinet. It was probably built by Electrocoin.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#330804 - 08/28/14 10:56 AM

> The Simpsons dedicated arcade cabinet, this can't be official right?

Never seen that here in Texas. Just the normal cabinet.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: The Simpsons dedicated cabinet, this can't be official right? new [Re: Stiletto]
#330809 - 08/28/14 05:14 PM

> The "official cabinet" situation for arcade games in general is much more complex
> than you might think.

Yeah. This one's uniquely awful looking (I thought Karnak had lifted the picture from that site with the terrible MAME cabinets), but if there's 3 of them it was probably actually produced by somebody.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

I don' get it...... new [Re: Big Karnak]
#330818 - 08/28/14 10:43 PM

Looks fine to me. Satisfies my 'relax' and room factor.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Send PM

Re: I don' get it...... new [Re: Traso]
#330844 - 08/29/14 05:50 AM

I like it just because it's weird and rare.

Quote:

(I thought Karnak had lifted the picture from that site with the terrible MAME cabinets)

heh, I'm assuming you are talking about this website: http://www.wickedretarded.com/~crapmame/

I like viewing crappy MAME cabinets, as well as cool MAME cabinets.

Here's another similar website: http://mame-cabinet-archive.koenigs.dk/

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: The Simpsons dedicated cabinet, this can't be official right? new [Re: Phil Bennett]
#330891 - 08/29/14 11:35 PM

> I saw a few of these back in the day in addition to the regular 4P upright cabinet.
> It was probably built by Electrocoin.

I don't remember ever seeing a sit-down simpsons cab.

But Electrocoin is likely to have manufactured this, they are Konami's European distributor and they have been known to make pretty horrendous cabs.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5596