MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Actor-Director Richard Attenborough Dies at 90
#330543 - 08/25/14 01:27 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/actor-director-richard-attenborough-dies-90-25106508

RIP

I will always love the Jurassic Park movie.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pi
Allergic to life
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Actor-Director Richard Attenborough Dies at 90 new [Re: Dullaron]
#330585 - 08/25/14 11:31 AM

Damn, sometimes one doesn't realize that these great authors are so old and will eventually die. As an actor, he was good, but although he is widely remembered by his landmark role in Jurassic Park, classic movie lovers will remember him more for The Great Escape.

However he was much better as director. Things like The Bridge Over River Kwai, and specially one of the best biopics ever made, if not the best, and a real masterpiece recently re-discovered by myself: Ghandi.

(Although I prefer Lawrence Of Arabia as a movie, it's anything but historically accurate, hence that I don't rate it too high in the "biopic" genre.)

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: Actor-Director Richard Attenborough Dies at 90 new [Re: Pi]
#330619 - 08/25/14 07:36 PM

> ...and specially one of the best biopics ever made, if not the best, and a real masterpiece recently re-discovered by myself: Ghandi.

Yeah, that was an intense movie. The cinematography, everything was the highest order. You just can't come close to movies like that anymore....um, unless you think Blackhawk Down was a [great] movie....then anything's permissible.......

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 106 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1572