MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Battlezone graphics error
#329750 - 08/11/14 10:57 PM Attachment: bzone0000.png 376 KB (0 downloads)

I was going to submit this to MAMEtesters, but thought I'd ask first. Notice the left-trailing score table in Battle Zone. I've noticed this artifact for a while now. It happens with/without HLSL enabled. The image below is from .154 .

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Battlezone graphics error new [Re: Traso]
#329769 - 08/12/14 04:07 AM

As funny as it seems, the only version it does that on is the parent (bzone), which ironically uses "Version 2" vector generator rom added a couple years back. All the other sets use version 1 and do not show the uneven high score line. Without absolute proof that the version 2 vector generator rom is somehow corrupt, I would have to say this is just the way it is.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#329772 - 08/12/14 04:34 AM

> I was going to submit this to MAMEtesters, but thought I'd ask first. Notice the
> left-trailing score table in Battle Zone. I've noticed this artifact for a while now.
> It happens with/without HLSL enabled. The image below is from .154 .

Real game bug. Not MAME issue at all. That the way the factory ship those machines with that set. I think they was trying to fix that set and never gotten fully fix. Probably rush out.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#329779 - 08/12/14 09:25 AM

>I was going to submit this to MAMEtesters, but thought I'd ask first. Notice the left
>-trailing score table in Battle Zone. I've noticed this artifact for a while now.

As Tafoid already mentioned, it has been that way for some time with that Battle Zone rom set. I had first noticed that back around 2001 or 2002. What is needed is anyone that does have actual hardware (working cab or a working pcb) and can verify.

For some games already emulated, it may take quite some time before being verified that the bugs are actual bugs in the hardware (roms, etc).

These two entries of Asteroids and Midway's Gun Fight are such examples.

--
Asteroids entry.
Gun Fight entry.
--

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3043