Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

rodimusprimal
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/11/12
Send PM

Custom photos
#329540 - 08/08/14 03:08 PM

While most games have a title screen and screenshot, not all have marquees, cabinets, control panels, etc.
What I want to do is place generic placeholder images for each in the proper folder so that if I don't have an image, it will use the one of my choosing. What would be the proper file name to make this happen or is this not an option?

rodimusprimal
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/11/12
Send PM

Re: Custom photos new [Re: rodimusprimal]
#330038 - 08/17/14 04:16 AM

Do I have this in the wrong forum?

What I mean is, some games do not have an image for the marquee, or control panel, or cabinet. So MAMEUI (and I'd assume any other frontend), will show the default image for MAMEUI. I know that if you place an image for Neogeo, every Neogeo game that does not have its own dedicated image will display that one. What I'd like to do is place a generic cabinet in the cabinets folder so that every game that does not have a cabinet image will display that generic cabinet. Same for marquees, control panels, etc.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#330039 - 08/17/14 05:30 AM

No, other than making a lot of copies and renaming each to the specific game name you are only going to get the internal MAMEUI screen. I imagine it would have to be re-coded to look for a file (such as default.png or generic.png) in each folder instead. Shouldn't be a big deal but since no one is really responsible(afaik officially)for MAMEUI upkeep, one of the guys who keeps MAMEUI limping along would have to step up to do it. I apologize if I'm off base on this but maybe it'll get you a more solid answer...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Mamesick
Troll Lamer
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Italy
Send PM

#330043 - 08/17/14 09:08 AM

the picture you're talking about is hard-coded in source code and applied during compiling process. At the moment there's no way to implement a custom one without changing it in MAMEUI source code and re-compile it by yourself.....

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 29 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4224