Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

photoshopped.
#328185 - 07/15/14 07:31 PM

Japanese kittens wouldnt be caught dead on a Harley.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: photoshopped. new [Re: italie]
#328209 - 07/16/14 01:04 AM

> Japanese kittens wouldnt be caught dead on a Harley.

Maybe under.

LEVEL-4

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

What? new [Re: italie]
#328211 - 07/16/14 01:23 AM

Harley's here for bikers are like a Rolls Royce. If you're rich and a biker, you buy one.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: URherenow]
#328213 - 07/16/14 01:40 AM

Here they are for sacks of shit who like producing noise pollution.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#328216 - 07/16/14 02:11 AM

> Harley's here for bikers are like a Rolls Royce. If you're rich and a biker, you buy
> one.

Ah, so they're like Goldwings over here.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: italie]
#328217 - 07/16/14 02:13 AM

> > Harley's here for bikers are like a Rolls Royce. If you're rich and a biker, you
> buy
> > one.
>
> Ah, so they're like Goldwings over here.

When the riders have a get-together, it's called a 'Wind-Ding'. /useless_info

Edited by Tomu Breidah (07/16/14 02:38 AM)

LEVEL-4

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#328218 - 07/16/14 02:20 AM

> > > Harley's here for bikers are like a Rolls Royce. If you're rich and a biker, you
> > buy
> > > one.
> >
> > Ah, so they're like Goldwings over here.
>
> When the riders have a get-together, it's called a 'Wind-Ding'.

And the bastards all wave with their right hand. It's unnatural I tells ya.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: Smitdogg]
#328220 - 07/16/14 04:05 AM

You don't even know...

F'ing teenagers (or just fairly young/poor PUNKS... like the Bosozoku) purposely mod their bikes, even 50CC freanin' SCOOTERS to be as loud and obnoxious as possible. Most won't mod a Harley though since they are cherished.

So the Harleys actually sound more pleasant.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#328221 - 07/16/14 04:09 AM

I live on a busy road, busy all through the night. When cars go by it's a little swoosh that is almost like an ocean wave that I sleep right through. When a Harley drives by it's like a chainsaw in my ear and wakes me up every time. They should be illegal due to the sound and I hope they all fucking die in a wreck.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: italie]
#328232 - 07/16/14 06:24 AM

> > Harley's here for bikers are like a Rolls Royce. If you're rich and a biker, you
> buy
> > one.
>
> Ah, so they're like Goldwings over here.

I'm not much of a biker, but aren't Indians and top-end Harleys more the ride of choice for doctors and lawyers when they moonlight on the weekends?

Waremonger
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

#328237 - 07/16/14 07:21 AM

> I live on a busy road, busy all through the night. When cars go by it's a little
> swoosh that is almost like an ocean wave that I sleep right through. When a Harley
> drives by it's like a chainsaw in my ear and wakes me up every time. They should be
> illegal due to the sound and I hope they all fucking die in a wreck.

I'm in the same boat...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#328238 - 07/16/14 07:37 AM

> I live on a busy road, busy all through the night. When cars go by it's a little
> swoosh that is almost like an ocean wave that I sleep right through. When a Harley
> drives by it's like a chainsaw in my ear and wakes me up every time. They should be
> illegal due to the sound and I hope they all fucking die in a wreck.

I do kind of wonder how it is that motorcycles are held to a different standard. If you modified your car to be half as loud as some of these bikes, in most states you'd be laughed right out of the inspection bay.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: DMala]
#328255 - 07/16/14 11:07 PM

Same thing in Australia. Just add exhaust brakes from semis, fart cannons on ricers and "sports" exhausts on clapped out six-cylinder sedans (and wagons and pickups "utes" as well) with chopped springs and you've got the whole thing covered.

I don't get why a two cylinder carburetor-based engine (how long has electronic fuel injection been around in cars now?) can even be thought of as a be-all-end-all ultimate design for motorcycles. Try cold-starting a normal everyday motorbike in the middle of winter, or a lawnmower for that matter (another useless, noisy, archaic design left practically untouched for nearly a century, regardless of whether it's 2-stroke or 4-stroke).

Why can't bikes go electric instead of cars? That way the fags on their Harleys (thanks South Park for the definition) can start smelling their own asses in order to save the planet as well (thanks South Park again) until the smug cloud takes over the entire country (then we can dump them in New Zealand or wherever in order to revert back to normal).

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#328257 - 07/16/14 11:31 PM

On Harleys it has become part of their image. Fags temporarily feel like men when they go into a dealership and crank one up and hear that noise pollution. If they changed it and had quiet bikes sales would plummet and their target demo would just look for used loud ones to restore.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#328265 - 07/17/14 02:44 AM

> Same thing in Australia. Just add exhaust brakes from semis, fart cannons on ricers
> and "sports" exhausts on clapped out six-cylinder sedans (and wagons and pickups
> "utes" as well) with chopped springs and you've got the whole thing covered.

Yeah, but exhaust brakes have a legitimate purpose, unlike the several of the other things. I used to have a modified car, but I kept the exhaust quiet - the scream from the cam gear was louder than the exhaust.

> I don't get why a two cylinder carburetor-based engine (how long has electronic fuel
> injection been around in cars now?) can even be thought of as a be-all-end-all
> ultimate design for motorcycles. Try cold-starting a normal everyday motorbike in the
> middle of winter, or a lawnmower for that matter (another useless, noisy, archaic
> design left practically untouched for nearly a century, regardless of whether it's
> 2-stroke or 4-stroke).

Modern performance bikes are fuel injected. A lot of the super-efficient scooters are fuel injected as well these days. Bikes like the Honda CB are traditional carburettor designs because they're incredibly cheap to keep producing and easy to tinker with at home. There will always be a market for that.

But as Smit says, the big V-twin hogs are built that way for tradition's sake. They're inefficient and impractical, but that's part of the attraction. It's what people want to be riding.

> Why can't bikes go electric instead of cars? That way the fags on their Harleys
> (thanks South Park for the definition) can start smelling their own asses in order to
> save the planet as well (thanks South Park again) until the smug cloud takes over the
> entire country (then we can dump them in New Zealand or wherever in order to revert
> back to normal).

Funny you'd ask, Harley is actually heading that way:
http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/24/583764...tric-motorcycle

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Re: What? new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#328331 - 07/19/14 01:14 AM

> Funny you'd ask, Harley is actually heading that way: http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/24/583764...tric-motorcycle

Like religion, business in Capitalism must change or it will die off. Plus, there's probably enough incentive now to try to cover that demographic. The world's a-changing.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 377 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1858