MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

dalves69
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/08/14
Send PM

Incorrect Checksum for Star Wars Arcade (Vector based)
#327926 - 07/08/14 05:03 PM

I'm new to MAME in general but when I found it I started downloading lots of games. For reference, I'm using MAME 32 and just recently installed MAMEUI 32. One game I was thrilled to find was the old Star Wars vector based arcade game (Rev 2). That said, when I would do an audit, that game wouldn't show up in my Available Games list. If I clicked on the All Games tab, I could try a forced run, but it would give me a list if "Incorrect Checksums". I could run the game anyway and it seemed fine, but the controls were messed up and constantly pulled to the right. I was wondering if anyone knows a fix for this?

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Reged: 09/01/05
Send PM

Re: Incorrect Checksum for Star Wars Arcade (Vector based) new [Re: dalves69]
#327927 - 07/08/14 05:25 PM

> I'm new to MAME in general but when I found it I started downloading lots of games.
> For reference, I'm using MAME 32 and just recently installed MAMEUI 32. One game I
> was thrilled to find was the old Star Wars vector based arcade game (Rev 2). That
> said, when I would do an audit, that game wouldn't show up in my Available Games
> list. If I clicked on the All Games tab, I could try a forced run, but it would give
> me a list if "Incorrect Checksums". I could run the game anyway and it seemed fine,
> but the controls were messed up and constantly pulled to the right. I was wondering
> if anyone knows a fix for this?

Um, getting the right ROMs would help.

dalves69
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Incorrect Checksum for Star Wars Arcade (Vector based) new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#327929 - 07/08/14 06:33 PM

Well if you know where I can locate the right ROM, I would appreciate it. Ever website I've seen the ROM posted on gives the same error. It would seem weird that ever ROM I find for this game online is the wrong one.

Edited by dalves69 (07/08/14 06:47 PM)

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#327930 - 07/08/14 06:41 PM

> Well if you know where I can locate the right ROM, I would appreciate it. Ever
> website I've seen the ROM posted on gives the same error.

Use the clrmamepro tool. Keep on finding and dropping until you get the right set.

http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

Tutorials - http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/docs.htm

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

dalves69
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Incorrect Checksum for Star Wars Arcade (Vector based) new [Re: Dullaron]
#327933 - 07/08/14 07:10 PM

Thanks for the links. I will try those and see what I can find. Hopefully I can get this game working right as it was always one of my favorites. Thanks again.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#327935 - 07/08/14 07:37 PM

> Well if you know where I can locate the right ROM, I would appreciate it. Ever
> website I've seen the ROM posted on gives the same error. It would seem weird that
> ever ROM I find for this game online is the wrong one.

Literally the first rule in the rules list:

1) Do NOT request OR post roms, rom sites, missing files, chd's, rom/chd diffs, or bios's. And don't private message people you don't know asking for them either. It's both illegal & annoying, and won't be tolerated.

Besides, your question is easily answered by the red text at the top banner in this subforum.

dalves69
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Incorrect Checksum for Star Wars Arcade (Vector based) new [Re: MooglyGuy]
#327952 - 07/09/14 01:49 PM

Moogly, I am not requesting ROMS, I am requesting help. You seem more focused on just giving me attitude. Dullaron did more to help in one reply than you have in any of yours.

MooglyGuy
Renegade MAME Dev
Send PM

#327956 - 07/09/14 03:58 PM

> Moogly, I am not requesting ROMS, I am requesting help. You seem more focused on just
> giving me attitude. Dullaron did more to help in one reply than you have in any of
> yours.

You literally said: "Well if you know where I can locate the right ROM, I would appreciate it."

That is a ROM request. The banner at the top of the forum literally tells you exactly where to get the ROMs. Sorry that you're retarded, but don't take it out on me.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#327960 - 07/09/14 04:55 PM

> Moogly, I am not requesting ROMS, I am requesting help. You seem more focused on just
> giving me attitude. Dullaron did more to help in one reply than you have in any of
> yours.

As he noted, the red text at the top of this forum tells you everything you need to know: ClrMAME Pro + Pleasuredome Tracker = shut up because you have perfect ROMs.

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

Hehn hehn hehn hehn...... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#327964 - 07/09/14 08:24 PM

> As he noted, the red text at the top of this forum tells you everything you need to know: ClrMAME Pro + Pleasuredome Tracker = shut up because you have perfect ROMs.

Which I'm sure will be interpreted badly by many, but many have no idea how....audacious....the posted text in the site banner is. A never-before thing. In other words, kids, pull your pants up.

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Hehn hehn hehn hehn...... new [Re: Traso]
#327968 - 07/09/14 10:34 PM

I have to know, do you really repeat "hen" in real life when you laugh? If so it's a wonder nobody has 2nd degree murdered you. It's a marvel of human accomplishment. We really have come a long way. I should up and call the History Channel on the shit.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Hehn hehn hehn hehn...... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#327974 - 07/09/14 11:26 PM

An even better an easier solution is

Usenet server+ Usenet client+ 256-bit SSL connections =
Enjoying grabbing a full set in seconds (Depending on your bandwidth)

search "MAME ROMs" using a usenet search engine and enjoy not depending on 1 site/tracker or using any on your upload.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Hehn hehn hehn hehn...... new [Re: B2K24]
#328507 - 07/23/14 05:34 PM

> search "MAME ROMs" using a usenet search engine and enjoy not depending on 1
> site/tracker or using any on your upload.

PD torrents are pretty fast usually, and you can always let it use your uplink while you're at work/school (most clients have a time-based throttle setting).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4686