Pages: 1

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Uh oh...
#327406 - 06/25/14 07:29 AM

I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and I have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.

I predict more groggy days in the near future...

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Uh oh... new [Re: DMala]
#327407 - 06/25/14 07:48 AM

> I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and I
> have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five
> hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.
>
> I predict more groggy days in the near future...

Dude, we told you. Fun game, eh?

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Uh oh... new [Re: jeremymtc]
#327409 - 06/25/14 09:44 AM

doesn't look like my cup of tea...

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Ha! new [Re: DMala]
#327410 - 06/25/14 11:38 AM

> I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and I
> have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five
> hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.
>
> I predict more groggy days in the near future...

I just yesterday saw a new playthrough of this started by someone, and there have been many changes since I left it. Need to see if they are updates or part of the "advanced" edition. Or, wait, is that a free update?

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Ha! new [Re: TriggerFin]
#327411 - 06/25/14 02:05 PM

> > I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and I
> > have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five
> > hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.
> >
> > I predict more groggy days in the near future...
>
> I just yesterday saw a new playthrough of this started by someone, and there have
> been many changes since I left it. Need to see if they are updates or part of the
> "advanced" edition. Or, wait, is that a free update?

Not sure. The version I got from Steam is the Advanced Edition. I haven't even flipped on any of the advanced content yet, I'm getting my ass beat just fine by the regular stuff.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Uh oh... new [Re: URherenow]
#327413 - 06/25/14 02:09 PM

> doesn't look like my cup of tea...

I wasn't too sure about it either, I tend to get overwhelmed by games with too much micromanagement, but you get the hang of this pretty quickly. You can also pause any time to assess and issue orders, which helps a lot. There's still some chaos in the heat of battle, but that's part of the fun.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Uh oh... new [Re: jeremymtc]
#327414 - 06/25/14 02:17 PM

> > I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and I
> > have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five
> > hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.
> >
> > I predict more groggy days in the near future...
>
>
> Dude, we told you. Fun game, eh?

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I was tempted to pick up Terraria for 2 bucks, too, but I'm afraid I might drop dead if I get any less sleep. I did pick up Retro City Rampage, but I haven't gotten too absorbed in that one yet.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#327415 - 06/25/14 03:04 PM

> > > I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and
> I
> > > have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five
> > > hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.
> > >
> > > I predict more groggy days in the near future...
> >
> >
> > Dude, we told you. Fun game, eh?
>
> Yeah, it's pretty cool. I was tempted to pick up Terraria for 2 bucks, too, but I'm
> afraid I might drop dead if I get any less sleep. I did pick up Retro City Rampage,
> but I haven't gotten too absorbed in that one yet.

Terraria... might work better if you can work out multiplayer. I mean, there's new content I've never seen, but then, I never bothered playing it much beyond the first boss originally. For building/crafting, I've also set aside StarMade, which has been surpassed before it even came to cost anything, and Towns, which has been dropped unfinished. Space Engineers and Timber & Stone could replace those, but I'm holding off on the second and letting the first go. Starbound is closer to Terraria all around, and claims to be in heavy development. Cube World isn't dead, but practically in a coma.

So I just dumped a dozen or so mods on KSP while waiting for the next version, which should finally change it from toy to game by adding challenges and budgeting on top of the current tech tree. (This I play in a non-steam install, to protect it from being repaired, patched, or updated before I'm ready.)

Closer to FTL, I play Rogue Legacy a bit (yeah, completely different), and I'm still working through AC2:B. Both played when I can be bothered plugging in a controller.

I'm pretty much done with anything new that makes any sort of demands on a system, until I find $2000 under the couch cushions.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: Uh oh... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#327416 - 06/25/14 03:51 PM

I spent roughly $1500, and my system is badass... although I'm disappointed that the 4790k came out so quickly and at about what I paid for my 4790

story of my life

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

#327417 - 06/25/14 03:58 PM

> ...in the Steam sale

My son's been picking up something from the sale every day this week. Triggered a fraud alert from my Discover card after the third one.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Ha! new [Re: DMala]
#327444 - 06/26/14 03:08 AM

> > > I finally caved and picked up FTL in the Steam sale. It's now almost 1:30 am, and
> I
> > > have no recollection of where the last four hours went. If I'm lucky, I have five
> > > hours to sleep before I'm woken by screaming children.
> > >
> > > I predict more groggy days in the near future...
> >
> > I just yesterday saw a new playthrough of this started by someone, and there have
> > been many changes since I left it. Need to see if they are updates or part of the
> > "advanced" edition. Or, wait, is that a free update?
>
> Not sure. The version I got from Steam is the Advanced Edition. I haven't even
> flipped on any of the advanced content yet, I'm getting my ass beat just fine by the
> regular stuff.

Advanced Edition is a free update. I've got it installed and updated, but haven't done a playthrough yet. There are new ships, systems, weapons, races, quests, and acheivements, apparently

The last couple of weeks, I've been playing Spin Tires heavily. It's the greatest Russian off-road logging industry sim I've ever played.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Ha! new [Re: jeremymtc]
#327446 - 06/26/14 04:20 AM

> The last couple of weeks, I've been playing Spin Tires heavily. It's the greatest
> Russian off-road logging industry sim I've ever played.

I've had my eye on that one, but 30 bucks is just too rich for my blood right now. I was hoping it would get discounted in the sale, but nothing so far.

Next Car Game looks good too, more in the spirit of the original FlatOut than the official sequels were, but it's kind of pricey, too. It was in a flash sale for 40% off, but it wasn't quite enough to convince me.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Ha! new [Re: jeremymtc]
#327448 - 06/26/14 05:07 AM

> Advanced Edition is a free update. I've got it installed and updated, but haven't
> done a playthrough yet. There are new ships, systems, weapons, races, quests, and
> acheivements, apparently

Yeah, I was in the process of checking that while writing my post. It seems it stealth-upgraded and was already installed.

> The last couple of weeks, I've been playing Spin Tires heavily. It's the greatest
> Russian off-road logging industry sim I've ever played.

Oh, this one:

Yeah. All simmy... except for those black vortices of mystery.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2025