Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Slot Mask new [Re: SoltanGris42]
#328249 - 07/16/14 05:45 PM

> The rest of the options are in the pixel shaders. I think most drivers will be using
> the CRT-geom_rgb32_dir.fsh so try changing that file first.

In current SVN and the upcoming 0.154, all drivers should use rgb32_dir.fsh. That's part of my simplification of the OpenGL renderer.

There will also be a GL 3.2 profile renderer path probably later this year/early next, around the same time we switch over to SDL 2 by default. That of course allows longer/more complex shaders.

SoltanGris42
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/16/13
Send PM

Re: Slot Mask new [Re: R. Belmont]
#328300 - 07/17/14 09:14 PM

> > The "CRT-geom" filter usually has Magenta/Green stripes in other emulators but
> hasn't
> > in MAME because to do it right the shader needed to know what resolution was being
> > output and MAME didn't give that to the shaders in GLSL (I think...)
>
> MAME SVN was recently updated to always fill out the "screen_texture_sz" uniform with
> the output resolution. I also fixed a bug where that resolution was wrong for
> multi-head Linux/BSD setups.
>
> If there's anything else that would be useful to have in uniforms, let me know; 0.154
> will likely be frozen and released about a week from now so if we can lock in better
> GLSL support before then it'd be useful.

Well I don't really need anything else. I had re-added the aperture mask effect before but had it hardcoded to my preferred resolution. It was easy to make it work properly once you added the "screen_texture_sz" uniform. The few other things I changed were color adjustments and such that don't need anything more from the GLSL system. I guess that some people may want more complicated stuff (access to previous frames for blending, extra textures to render to for bloom effects (isn't that how they do it?)) but I'm pretty happy the way it is. If the shader could be longer, then I could add different horizontal scaling types, but this is really not necessary because I could just switch it to cubic (instead of lanczos) scaling and use different values of "B" and "C" to adjust blur/sharpness/ringing to preference.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#328302 - 07/17/14 11:40 PM

> There will also be a GL 3.2 profile renderer path probably later this year/early
> next, around the same time we switch over to SDL 2 by default. That of course allows
> longer/more complex shaders.

Good news to me.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

tjcbs
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/08/14
Send PM

Re: Slot Mask new [Re: SoltanGris42]
#328327 - 07/19/14 12:17 AM

Yes, it would be fantastic to be able to render to an intermediate texture.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Slot Mask new [Re: tjcbs]
#328462 - 07/22/14 08:40 PM

> Yes, it would be fantastic to be able to render to an intermediate texture.

You already can in terms of how the shaders get chained: when I run NTSC into CRT-geom NTSC first renders to an intermediate texture and then CRT-geom works from the intermediate texture. But I know that's probably not quite what you had in mind

lamprey
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/01/11
Send PM

Re: Custom files (The link is here.) new [Re: Dullaron]
#328471 - 07/23/14 04:34 AM

> > Can you put those settings in the INI file? I thought they only existed in the
> shader
> > file..?
>
> Yep in the glsl_shader_mame0
>
> For example.
>
> glsl_shader_mame0 shaders/overscan(1.0,1.0)_radius(2.0)_tilt(0.0,0.0)_corners(0.03)
>
> You don't put anything but the glsl_shader_mame0 in the new ini file. Main settings
> still run from the mame.ini.

Slight follow-up on this, can you supply different settings for multiple game screens? A la Punchout, to get the bottom screen tilted back a bit..?

Dullaron
Send PM

Re: Custom files (The link is here.) new [Re: lamprey]
#328479 - 07/23/14 06:10 AM

> > > Can you put those settings in the INI file? I thought they only existed in the
> > shader
> > > file..?
> >
> > Yep in the glsl_shader_mame0
> >
> > For example.
> >
> > glsl_shader_mame0 shaders/overscan(1.0,1.0)_radius(2.0)_tilt(0.0,0.0)_corners(0.03)
> >
> > You don't put anything but the glsl_shader_mame0 in the new ini file. Main settings
> > still run from the mame.ini.
>
> Slight follow-up on this, can you supply different settings for multiple game
> screens? A la Punchout, to get the bottom screen tilted back a bit..?

I wish. Both share.

By the way. After 0.154 release then I will do more.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

#328481 - 07/23/14 08:10 AM

> > Can you put those settings in the INI file? I thought they only existed in the
> shader
> > file..?
>
> Yep in the glsl_shader_mame0
>
> For example.
>
> glsl_shader_mame0 shaders/overscan(1.0,1.0)_radius(2.0)_tilt(0.0,0.0)_corners(0.03)
>
> You don't put anything but the glsl_shader_mame0 in the new ini file. Main settings
> still run from the mame.ini.

I'm feeling a little silly as this doesn't seem to be working for me.

In the MAME.ini file, in addition to all the other settings, I have:

Code:

glsl_shader_mame0         shader\tv

If I wanted to apply the setting you posted above only for a specific game, what should there be in the game specific ini file? For example I wanted to setup the tilt on donkey kong, so I created a DKONG.INI. It keeps trying to open a shader file with that name: overscan(1.0,1.0)_radius(2.0)_tilt(0.0,0.0)_corners(0.03).vsh

I know I'm going to face-palm when it is explained to me.

Thanks!

Dullaron
Send PM

#328484 - 07/23/14 08:38 AM

> > > Can you put those settings in the INI file? I thought they only existed in the
> > shader
> > > file..?
> >
> > Yep in the glsl_shader_mame0
> >
> > For example.
> >
> > glsl_shader_mame0 shaders/overscan(1.0,1.0)_radius(2.0)_tilt(0.0,0.0)_corners(0.03)
> >
> > You don't put anything but the glsl_shader_mame0 in the new ini file. Main settings
> > still run from the mame.ini.
>
> I'm feeling a little silly as this doesn't seem to be working for me.
>
> In the MAME.ini file, in addition to all the other settings, I have:
>
> glsl_shader_mame0 shader\tv
> If I wanted to apply the setting you posted above only for a specific game, what
> should there be in the game specific ini file? For example I wanted to setup the tilt
> on donkey kong, so I created a DKONG.INI. It keeps trying to open a shader file with
> that name: overscan(1.0,1.0)_radius(2.0)_tilt(0.0,0.0)_corners(0.03).vsh
>
> I know I'm going to face-palm when it is explained to me.
>
> Thanks!

glsl_shader_mame0 shader\ "What ever you want to use here" and then save it.

If you wanted to just use the MAME folder instead of the shader or shaders then do this. A lot easier.

glsl_shader_mame0 "What ever you want to use here" and then save it.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

#328511 - 07/23/14 06:24 PM

>
> glsl_shader_mame0 shader\ "What ever you want to use here" and then save it.
>
> If you wanted to just use the MAME folder instead of the shader or shaders then do
> this. A lot easier.
>
> glsl_shader_mame0 "What ever you want to use here" and then save it.

Humm, I tried that and it is still trying to open a shader file.

Let's say, as an example, I want to set up a dkong.ini so I an change the overscan value.. let's say overscan(1.0,1.0). If I put:

glsl_shader_mame0 overscan(1.0,1.0)

In the dkong.ini file, SDLMame tried to load that as a shader file: overscan(1.0,1.0).vsh

tjcbs
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/08/14
Send PM

#328600 - 07/24/14 08:12 PM

> > Yes, it would be fantastic to be able to render to an intermediate texture.
>
> You already can in terms of how the shaders get chained: when I run NTSC into
> CRT-geom NTSC first renders to an intermediate texture and then CRT-geom works from
> the intermediate texture. But I know that's probably not quite what you had in mind

I'm not sure how this would work from a UI perspective, but what I had in mind was the ability for a shader to render to an intermediate texture of arbitrary size, and then the next shaders down the line can access both the intermediate and the source texture. Maybe there can be a special formatted comment, like

//$output(int0, 0.1, 0.1)

and then the next shaders could access both the source texture and int0, which would be 1/10th the width and height of the source?

Dullaron
Send PM

#328630 - 07/25/14 05:04 AM

> >
> > glsl_shader_mame0 shader\ "What ever you want to use here" and then save it.
> >
> > If you wanted to just use the MAME folder instead of the shader or shaders then do
> > this. A lot easier.
> >
> > glsl_shader_mame0 "What ever you want to use here" and then save it.
>
>
> Humm, I tried that and it is still trying to open a shader file.
>
> Let's say, as an example, I want to set up a dkong.ini so I an change the overscan
> value.. let's say overscan(1.0,1.0). If I put:
>
> glsl_shader_mame0 overscan(1.0,1.0)
>
> In the dkong.ini file, SDLMame tried to load that as a shader file:
> overscan(1.0,1.0).vsh

You just renaming the file. Doesn't change the settings at all. Only way to change the settings is to open the file with Wordpad and then edit it.

Another thing is that if you just rename that "Bah Bah".vsh then you gotta rename the "Bah Bah"_rgb32_dir.fsh file as well. Rename what is in the " ". Both files connected together by linking.

lamprey
MAME Fan
Send PM

#328638 - 07/25/14 08:02 AM

Ahh, you made it seem like you could pass parameters to the shader via the INI file. If it is just creating a new shader file set per setting, then I got that covered.

Dullaron
Send PM

#328639 - 07/25/14 08:16 AM

> Ahh, you made it seem like you could pass parameters to the shader via the INI file.
> If it is just creating a new shader file set per setting, then I got that covered.

I been editing the files to make new ones with new settings. That is why I have over ten of those each.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 18446