MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SpiDoL
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/05/14
Send PM

How do I achieve proper scanlines and correct aspect ratio in later versions of MAME?
#326609 - 06/05/14 03:07 PM

I want MAME to look like this while I'm playing:

Call me weird, but I really enjoy playing it that way.

The problem is, I can only play with it like that with no problems in older versions of MAME (0.78 for example). If I try to set the same video settings in v0.153, the screen always ends up being distorted in some way.

Now you're about to ask: Why don't you just stick with the older versions of MAME? Well, there's a reason why I can't: Windows 8. Every old version of MAME I tried on Windows 8 ran with heavy amounts of lag, even when I used Direct3D instead of DirectDraw, which I heard Windows 8 no longer supports.

So I ask of you people: Is there ANY way I can get the later versions of MAME to look exactly the way it does in the image, with no distortion whatsoever?

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

Re: How do I achieve proper scanlines and correct aspect ratio in later versions of MAME? new [Re: SpiDoL]
#326610 - 06/05/14 04:31 PM

hmm, a quick answer (which hopefully wont get me in trouble )... is, if u are happy trying an unofficial build of mame, consider trying groovymame which contains additional video features/options not found in regular mame, which would certainly allow you to achieve the results you want, regardless of if u are using a crt display, or lcd, or directdraw, or direct3d.

big10p
Arcadian
Reged: 03/13/14
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: How do I achieve proper scanlines and correct aspect ratio in later versions of MAME? new [Re: SpiDoL]
#326613 - 06/05/14 04:52 PM

If you have a half-decent video card, you could try running MAME in D3D using the HLSL shader effects. Scanlines are just one aspect of many that the MAME HLSL settings offer, in order to get an LCD display to look like a CRT monitor.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1809