View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Brian Kendig
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/02/12
Send PM

MameUI64 can't find roms, isn't t saving the roms directory location
#326257 - 05/26/14 04:56 PM

I previously had a working MameUI64. Today I updated to version 153.1. Whenever I try to play a game, I get a dialog showing NOT FOUND errors for all the bin files.

When I do View -> Refresh it empties out the available games list. I go to Options -> Directories and add my roms directory and then I see all my games again, but when I try to play one it again gives me a dialog showing NOT FOUND errors. I quit MameUI64 and relaunch, and Options -> Directories no longer shows my roms directory that I added. it's like it's forgetting my roms directory and not storing its location.

I notice that MAMEUI64.ini does not have a rompath setting. Even when I add a rompath to that config file, the app doesn't use it.

How do I fix this and get MameUI64 to find my roms again?

Mame works on my system; the Mame directory has my roms and samples, and when I launch mame64.exe I can play games, no problem.

(This is on Windows 8.1 64-bit.)

vicdreyer
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/16/05
Send PM

Re: MameUI64 can't find roms, isn't t saving the roms directory location new [Re: Brian Kendig]
#326260 - 05/26/14 05:57 PM

I'll take a stab at this.
Make sure all your folders (ROMS, SAMPLES, INI, CFG, NVRAM, etc etc) are in the same folder as your mameui64 executable. Delete the mame.ini file located in the INI folder (this will erase all your old personal settings) and start mame from scratch. Then start your program.

If that doesn't work, do a claen install (download the mameui64 and install it in a new (or different) folder. Drag all your old folders (ROMS, SAMPLES, SNAP, ARTWORK, etc) into this newly created folder, and try starting Mameui64 again.
Good luck..

Brian Kendig
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MameUI64 can't find roms, isn't t saving the roms directory location new [Re: vicdreyer]
#326263 - 05/26/14 07:24 PM

Thank you for the help! Here's what I did and what happens...

- I deleted C:\Program Files\MameUI64
- I downloaded MameUI64 0.153 and put it in that location
- I moved my roms directory from C:\Program Files\Mame to that location
- I launched MameUI64 and did View -> Refresh

Now I can play any of the available games. But then:

- I exited MameUI64
- I moved my roms directory back to C:\Program Files\Mame
- I launched MameUI64, went into Options -> Directories, and added C:\Program Files\Mame\roms (as a ROMs location)

Now any of the games I try gives me a dialog with lots of NOT FOUND messages.

I exited and relaunched MameUI64, and the roms directory I added to Options -> Directories no longer shows up there.

I did View -> Refresh, and the list of available games dissapeared.

Is this a bug in MameUI64 0.153, where it is no longer paying attention to a directory setting?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: MameUI64 can't find roms, isn't t saving the roms directory location new [Re: Brian Kendig]
#326265 - 05/26/14 08:37 PM

There is a bug in the latest MAMEUI. It is a bad idea for you to put things in the Program Files Folder. Let Windows have at that. Just make a folder named MAME and put it in the root of C (or D or whatever drive you want). MAMEUI64.exe (or MAMEUI32.exe) should be in that folder. Put the ROMS in the ROMS folder, SAMPLES in the SAMPLES folder, etc.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#326266 - 05/26/14 08:38 PM

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...;new=1398775997

Brian Kendig
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: MameUI64 can't find roms, isn't t saving the roms directory location new [Re: redk9258]
#326267 - 05/26/14 09:02 PM

Aha, I knew it! Thank you very much.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 22 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 14522