View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

someguy1
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/23/14
Send PM

Some help is needed
#326169 - 05/23/14 07:00 PM

new here so please be gentle, I am trying to understand is it needed if you have mame 151 roms but have mame 149 chd's in mame ui 153 will it work together ok since its all in mixed versions ?

I'm working with mameui153 - 64bit- and 4play frontend gui by john hardy

With clrmamepro does it need to be used after roms are in the rom folder ? how to use dat files ? all it says in the readme is to put them into the dat folder extract them and than build something ?

guess this just is automatic after the roms and chds are in the folder and will build it automatically when it is first run.

When chd or romsets change from (example) 149 to 150 , does the 150 version for roms/chd have all the same rom/chds as 149 version did, is it different can the sets be used together in the same rom folder ?

tags: older mame 149 version work with newer 153 ?
tags: clrmamepro has no readme for beginner

Edited by someguy1 (05/23/14 07:11 PM)

Waremonger
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

Re: Some help is needed new [Re: someguy1]
#326176 - 05/23/14 09:42 PM

> new here so please be gentle, I am trying to understand is it needed if you have mame
> 151 roms but have mame 149 chd's in mame ui 153 will it work together ok since its
> all in mixed versions ?

Most CHD's should work fine between MAME 0.149 and 0.153 with the obvious exception of the CHD's that were added or updated between 0.149 and 0.153. There was a major change in the CHD format in 2012 but MAME 0.149 was released in June 2013. If you have specific CHD's that you were wondering about I'd be happy to try them and let you know.

> With clrmamepro does it need to be used after roms are in the rom folder ? how to use
> dat files ? all it says in the readme is to put them into the dat folder extract them
> and than build something ?

No need for DAT's. When you first run ClrMamePro just point it at your mame.exe (or mame64.exe) and it'll build the DAT using data straight from MAME. You can have the roms where ever you like but I think most users have the roms in the default roms folder. CMP can fix roms in place (in the roms folder) or can also rebuild the roms to a separate folder. Instead of me trying to explain it, it might be better for you to read a tutorial:

https://code.google.com/p/mame-rr/wiki/UsingClrmamepro

> When chd or romsets change from (example) 149 to 150 , does the 150 version for
> roms/chd have all the same rom/chds as 149 version did, is it different can the sets
> be used together in the same rom folder ?

No, it would not be advisable to try use romsets from two different versions of MAME in the same roms folder - it would be a nightmare to maintain, and in most cases wouldn't even be possible since the files would have the same names. Here's why ROM's may not work between different versions of MAME:

http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php?tit...hat_happened.3F

http://www.mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php...ave_the_ROMs.3F

someguy1
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/23/14
Send PM

Re: Some help is needed new [Re: Waremonger]
#326180 - 05/23/14 11:09 PM

Will Mame 149 CHD'S be compatible with Mame 151 Roms ?

Edited by someguy1 (05/23/14 11:10 PM)

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#326181 - 05/23/14 11:24 PM

> Will Mame 149 CHD'S be compatible with Mame 151 Roms ?

Very likely. If you're going to run a scan anyway, clrmame will tell you.

S

RATMNL
Patron Saint of the Totally F*cked
Reged: 02/02/13
Loc: 026, NL
Send PM

#326194 - 05/24/14 11:44 AM

Ok, step by step:

- open clrmame
- select your MAMe executable in the profiler to build the dat. anser yes on everything but the softlist question.
- put all your roms in a folder called ADD on your desktop or so
- to settings -> rom path = MAME/roms
- add-path is Desktop/ADD
- run rebuilder, select 'Use Add-paths' on the left and 'Select first ROM path on the right.
- Run rebuilder.. it will build your set from the roms you have to the newest set.
- Run scanner to see what's missing

That should get you there, and if not, I don't have a more straightforward tutorial for you... You're on your own or at the mercy of teh rest of this forum...

"Those voices in his head might not be real, but they have really good ideas!"

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Some help is needed new [Re: RATMNL]
#326195 - 05/24/14 11:48 AM

naaaah...please do not always run a full rebuild...that's something you can do when you're updating from MAME .29 to .153....but not for smaller version steps...it's not really worth it... Simply run the scanner with all fix options enabled (that should cleanup everything besides newly added files which you need to find)...and then add few missing stuff via rebuilder...

...and yes...I finally should rewrite the docs......If I only had a little time...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3083