Pages: 1

Conn0rs
ⒺⓍⓉⒺⓃⒹ
Reged: 02/10/09
Loc: Uk
Send PM

[Haze] Other news part 1 and 2
#325744 - 05/08/14 04:26 PM

There hasn’t been a great deal to write about lately, but there are a few recent findings I feel are worth highlighting.

ShouTime has been busy as always, trying to find interesting undumped clones, and he recently acquired a different version of the Video System game Ta’o Taido

Tao Taido is a rather goofy VS fighter from the post-Street Fighter 2 period where everybody thought creating their own definitive fighter was the way forward.

As far as the game goes there are a number of unanswered questions about it. Take the following screenshots of the game as emulated in MAME.

Haze

Edited by Conn0rs (05/08/14 04:30 PM)

www.ukvac.com/forum

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: [Haze] Other news part 4 *edit* new [Re: Conn0rs]
#325842 - 05/11/14 08:05 PM

>"There hasn’t been a great deal to write about lately, but there are a few recent
>findings I feel are worth highlighting."

Last year (2013), it was about Konami's ‘Lets Attack Crazy Cross’ being found and supported. I am guessing we are due for a new Haze blog entry concerning Konami's Crazy Cross in case the real one that has been sought after and thought to have never existed might have been found and now dumped and now supported in MAME.

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

--

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2013/05/20/ume-0-148u5/

May 20th, 2013

The Konami GX game “Taisen Puzzle-dama” is often mis-sold on eBay as ‘Crazy Cross’ (in part because it’s the name people know it by from the PSX port) Screenshots of an actual Crazy Cross version have been seen, but it’s possible that version was only released in Korea (and possibly other parts of Asia) like the English language Sexy Parodius. It was thought that maybe that version had finally been found, however what was found instead was a game called ‘Lets Attack Crazy Cross’, which is possibly some kind of sequel. More interesting is that this game isn’t on GX at all either, it’s on one of Konami’s Playstation based platforms. Unfortunately this means it’s a CD based game, and Mamedev still have no good established dumping standard for CDs (I’ve tried making links between the DU and groups like Trurip) The game does appear to work however and as you’d expect seems like a sequel of sorts to the original Crazy Cross game. I guess it was a relatively quick port from a Playstation console release codebase because it doesn’t even flash ‘Insert Coin’ at you during the title screen of attract mode.
--

Now on Haze's Part 4 entry.

Another long time entry that can finally be removed from unMAMEd page.

--
Crazy Cross

-
Crazy Cross (Konami [GX system], 94)
This game is in MAME as "Taisen Puzzle Dama".
-
--

Edited by gregf (05/13/14 01:20 AM)

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Reged: 11/20/06
Send PM

Re: [Haze] Other news part 1 and 2 new [Re: gregf]
#325843 - 05/11/14 08:25 PM

> >"There hasn’t been a great deal to write about lately, but there are a few recent
> > findings I feel are worth highlighting."
>
> Last year (2013), it was about Konami's ‘Lets Attack Crazy Cross’ being found and
> supported. I am guessing we are due for a new Haze blog entry concerning Konami's
> Crazy Cross in case the real one that has been sought after and thought to have never
> existed might have been found and now dumped and now supported in MAME.
>
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
>
>
> --
>
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
>
>
> http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/2013/05/20/ume-0-148u5/
>
> May 20th, 2013
>
> The Konami GX game “Taisen Puzzle-dama” is often mis-sold on eBay as ‘Crazy Cross’
> (in part because it’s the name people know it by from the PSX port) Screenshots of an
> actual Crazy Cross version have been seen, but it’s possible that version was only
> released in Korea (and possibly other parts of Asia) like the English language Sexy
> Parodius. It was thought that maybe that version had finally been found, however what
> was found instead was a game called ‘Lets Attack Crazy Cross’, which is possibly some
> kind of sequel. More interesting is that this game isn’t on GX at all either, it’s on
> one of Konami’s Playstation based platforms. Unfortunately this means it’s a CD based
> game, and Mamedev still have no good established dumping standard for CDs (I’ve tried
> making links between the DU and groups like Trurip) The game does appear to work
> however and as you’d expect seems like a sequel of sorts to the original Crazy Cross
> game. I guess it was a relatively quick port from a Playstation console release
> codebase because it doesn’t even flash ‘Insert Coin’ at you during the title screen
> of attract mode.
> --

Is there really an english language Sexy Parodius? I bet it's so heavily-censored, you can only see the plane you pilot.

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: [Haze] Other news part 1 and 2 new [Re: Master O]
#325845 - 05/11/14 09:06 PM

>Is there really an english language Sexy Parodius?

Only Japan and Asian regions emulated.

--
Sexy Parodius (ver JAA)
Sexy Parodius (ver AAA)
--

>I bet it's so heavily-censored, you can only see the plane you pilot.

If there were ever any other regions that Konami marketed, here is my guess:

Sexy Parodius (ver EAA) - the European region would be regular gameplay - English language

Sexy Parodius (ver UAA) - the heavily, censored American region would look like DECO Cassette test tape complete with countdown sequence and would conclude without any fanfare. Then Americans would wonder why it is an entertaining game to play.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Send PM

#325850 - 05/12/14 12:21 AM

> Sexy Parodius (ver UAA) - the heavily, censored American region would look like DECO
> Cassette test tape complete with countdown sequence and would conclude without any
> fanfare. Then Americans would wonder why it is an entertaining game to play.

Hahahaha, that's classic, man.

We're the Land of the Free alright...

"Note to Noobs:

We are glad to help you but simply posting that something does not work is not going to lead to you getting help. The more information you can supply defining your problem, the less likely it will be that you will get smart-alec replies.

C.D.~"

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#325866 - 05/12/14 05:10 PM

> Sexy Parodius (ver EAA) - the European region would be regular gameplay - English
> language

Except in the UK, where ninjas are replaced with fluffy bunnies. Or in Germany, where nothing is allowed to die so things get danmaku in a hurry.

Master O
Yes, Even Parodius Music
Send PM

Re: [Haze] Other news part 1 and 2 new [Re: R. Belmont]
#325871 - 05/12/14 07:17 PM

> > Sexy Parodius (ver EAA) - the European region would be regular gameplay - English
> > language
>
> Except in the UK, where ninjas are replaced with fluffy bunnies. Or in Germany, where
> nothing is allowed to die so things get danmaku in a hurry.

Actually, the German release would be similar to their version of Contra (Probotractor or whatever it was called), where all humans were replaced with robots.

Germany has some idiotic law about violence in video games, whose name eludes me.

"Note to Noobs:

C.D.~"

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#325878 - 05/12/14 11:47 PM

> > Is there really an english language Sexy Parodius?
>
> Only Japan and Asian regions emulated.
>
> --
> Sexy Parodius (ver JAA)
> Sexy Parodius (ver AAA)
> --
>
>
> > I bet it's so heavily-censored, you can only see the plane you pilot.
>
> If there were ever any other regions that Konami marketed, here is my guess:
>
> Sexy Parodius (ver EAA) - the European region would be regular gameplay - English
> language
>
>
> Sexy Parodius (ver UAA) - the heavily, censored American region would look like DECO
> Cassette test tape complete with countdown sequence and would conclude without any

Actually the American version would have all nudie girls replaced with guns.

RdW
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/13/05
Send PM

Re: [Haze] Other news part 1 and 2 new [Re: Master O]
#325880 - 05/13/14 12:44 AM

> Germany has some idiotic law about violence in video games, whose name eludes me.

It's because we make sex not war...

;-)

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#325943 - 05/15/14 10:05 AM

> > Is there really an english language Sexy Parodius?
>
> Only Japan and Asian regions emulated.
>
> --
> Sexy Parodius (ver JAA)
> Sexy Parodius (ver AAA)
> --
>
>
> > I bet it's so heavily-censored, you can only see the plane you pilot.
>
> If there were ever any other regions that Konami marketed, here is my guess:
>
> language
>
>

Look no further than the Mega Man covers:

Japan:
Mega Man (Rockman) as we know him/it.

US:
MM1: "Bad Box Art Mega Man", no need to say anything here.
MM2: Mega Man is holding a gun, and still looks like a middle-aged guy.
MM3, 4 and 5: Mega Man's face resembles the kid from MAD magazine.
MM6: Reverted to the Japanese style, with Mega Man finally looking like Mega Man, although the artwork is completely different.

UK:
MM1: Mega Man looks like a kid (as opposed to a robot that somewhat resembles a kid), with the armor being replaced with clothing (at least it's still blue).
MM2: Mega Man looks somewhat like Robocop (the German box art is different yet again, and Mega Man looks somewhat faithful to the original).
MM3, 4 and 5: US box art with the Japanese style face 'shopped over the US artwork, and looks somewhat normal (compared to the Japanese version). MM3's Dr. Wily has Heihachi hair (don't ask).
MM6: Not released as a PAL version.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 617 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4161