Pages: 1

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

World Stadium '90 crashes upon 2nd loading
#325602 - 05/04/14 07:38 AM

I've noticed numerous games crashing upon loading it a second time. An example is [ws90], World Stadium '90. I've disabled the cheats, deleted the NVRAM and CFG files for the game. When I load the game for the first time, it works fine. But when I exit the game and then try to load it again, the emulator crashes. Other games this occurs as well.

Win XP 32-bit

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

Re: World Stadium '90 crashes upon 2nd loading new [Re: Big Karnak]
#325603 - 05/04/14 09:34 AM

> I've noticed numerous games crashing upon loading it a second time. An example is
> [ws90], World Stadium '90. I've disabled the cheats, deleted the NVRAM and CFG files
> for the game. When I load the game for the first time, it works fine. But when I exit
> the game and then try to load it again, the emulator crashes. Other games this occurs
> as well.
>
> Win XP 32-bit

do you use command line or some UI variant of MAME?
I cannot reproduce the problem on MacOSX from command line

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: World Stadium '90 crashes upon 2nd loading new [Re: etabeta]
#325605 - 05/04/14 10:43 AM

> > I've noticed numerous games crashing upon loading it a second time. An example is
> > [ws90], World Stadium '90. I've disabled the cheats, deleted the NVRAM and CFG
> files
> > for the game. When I load the game for the first time, it works fine. But when I
> exit
> > the game and then try to load it again, the emulator crashes. Other games this
> occurs
> > as well.
> >
> > Win XP 32-bit
>
> do you use command line or some UI variant of MAME?
> I cannot reproduce the problem on MacOSX from command line

Cannot reproduce using 0.153 from MAMEDEV
(32 or 64 bit). Are you using a later SVN copy or original binaries? If you aren't using exactly the binaries shown at MAMEDEV, it helps to know.

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: World Stadium '90 crashes upon 2nd loading new [Re: Big Karnak]
#325611 - 05/04/14 02:27 PM

> I've noticed numerous games crashing upon loading it a second time. An example is
> [ws90], World Stadium '90. I've disabled the cheats, deleted the NVRAM and CFG files
> for the game. When I load the game for the first time, it works fine. But when I exit
> the game and then try to load it again, the emulator crashes. Other games this occurs
> as well.
>
> Win XP 32-bit

It's a known 0.153 regression with Namco System 1 (namcos1.c) games:

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5537

Games in this driver also crash if you hard reset (shift-F3). I know why it happens and I'm working on fixing it, but it requires almost a total rewrite of the driver so it's taking a while

Big Karnak
Part-time Lurker
Reged: 05/22/13
Loc: Mount St. Lurkling
Send PM

Re: World Stadium '90 crashes upon 2nd loading new [Re: etabeta]
#325620 - 05/04/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

do you use command line or some UI variant of MAME?
I cannot reproduce the problem on MacOSX from command line

I always use the official MAME binary downloaded from the official MAME website. I disable my cheats, I delete the NVRAM, CFG, and DIFF (if available). I experience this problem with many, many games since version 0.153. I understand that this latest version had a lot of rewrites and overhauls. Maybe should have held off on releasing it... but then again, more bugs can be found quicker and easier by having it released to the urchins.

Quote:

It's a known 0.153 regression with Namco System 1 (namcos1.c) games:

http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5537

Games in this driver also crash if you hard reset (shift-F3). I know why it happens and I'm working on fixing it, but it requires almost a total rewrite of the driver so it's taking a while

ok

But I think it's more than just the namcos1.c games. I gotta start making a list of the games that crash each night as I play them. Each night before I retire, I play a bunch of random games. I get lazy/tired and forget exactly which games were crashing the next day. So I'm going to start making a list.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 456 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1478