MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

richr
yikes! what smells like an electric train?
Reged: 03/30/11
Send PM

Indy 4
#324875 - 04/18/14 06:38 AM

Hi, quick update on DICE WIP. Indy 4 is looking pretty good. Adam has added color support (believe it or not, not all of the discrete games were black and white). This game also had 4 identical car circuits, so he also added a way for DICE to handle that. Game play speed is good - even with multiple cars.

-Rich

richr
yikes! what smells like an electric train?
Reged: 03/30/11
Send PM

Re: Indy 4 new [Re: richr]
#324876 - 04/18/14 06:41 AM Attachment: indy4 wip.jpg 46 KB (0 downloads)

oops - forgot the screenshot....

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

#324877 - 04/18/14 08:12 AM

>quick update on DICE WIP. Indy 4 is looking pretty good.

It sure does.

When looking at the Indy 4 flyer for reference, I am not sure if the photo is correct or if it has wrong artifact issues (flash and camera angle not showing color output of red and violet/purlpe colors correctly.)

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=528
http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=flyer&db=videodb&id=528&image=2

Good to see Indy 4 running and same for Atari Highway.

>Adam has added color support (believe it or not, not all of the discrete games were
>black and white). This game also had 4 identical car circuits, so he also added a way
>for DICE to handle that. Game play speed is good - even with multiple cars.

It sounds as if Adam has been able to successfully manage the car pcbs into a workable solution since the car pcbs are identical as you describe. I wonder if Kee Games' Indy 800 (8 car pcbs and is predecessor to Indy 4) is also doable.

I believe Electra Games' Pace Car Pro

http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/?page=thumbs&db=videodb&id=2176

may have been first game to use a color monitor. Although Nutting's Wimbledon came out a year earlier, it might have used an overlay piece rather than being a color monitor. Pace Car Pro may have been released shortly before Indy 800.

iirc Pace Car Pro does not have any roms being used for storing data of any sort. It was all solid TTL (and no roms). Pace Car Pro paperwork/logic schematics might be online and if not I have that myself and will send that out to you and Adam later this year.

Edited by gregf (04/28/14 08:32 AM)

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

#324888 - 04/18/14 12:47 PM

This emulator is awesome! Thank you for the dev update.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#324889 - 04/18/14 01:05 PM

> oops - forgot the screenshot....

Nice. I think this working get added to MAME after you are done. I saw it marked as not working.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

#324898 - 04/18/14 06:37 PM

Thanks for your hard work Rich...,.,and Adam.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Indy 4 new [Re: Dullaron]
#324907 - 04/18/14 08:02 PM

>I think this working get added to MAME after you are done. I saw it marked as not working.

You overlooked how it was listed in the .153 whatsnew.txt file. The files only document the roms of several of the non-cpu games....nothing more at this time. That way board owners/users know what roms are on the various pcbs and any devs that work on the games later.

--
>-Fixed pong (rom based). Minor changes no netlist code.[Couriersud]

>-Added skeleton drivers for some discrete games using ROMs, and added
some documentation. [Fabio Priuli, Tafoid, gregf]
--

src/emu/netlist, src/emu/netlist/devices, src/emu/netlist/analog

In order for other non-cpu games to be emulated, more TTL chips have to be supported by adding in the devices directory and any analog related issues have to be added to analog directory.

couriersud is mainly building up netlist support to a more working state at this time and that's why only Pong (pong.c) is used as the test item.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Indy 4 new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#324910 - 04/18/14 08:48 PM

>This emulator is awesome!

Yep. Kudos to DICE crew.

*gregf sorta rant moment*

I know Highway will not get fanfare compared to when Exidy Death Race is emulated, but to me Highway was a better game compared to other mid 1970s era "overhead view" of driving games such as Midway Wheels or Atari Gran Trak. It's too bad that back in the days at places that had Highway (sit down cab) the arcade folks would crowd around Midway Wheels or Allied Leisure's Super Shifter. It was as if playing Highway in arcade was a taboo or something because in 1976 when Atari Night Driver arrived, many of the Highway cabs from 1975 basically disappeared by late 1976 at places I went to as a patron. I was bummed, pissed or both.

"How dare Atari Highway was 'disappeared'. " by time 1977 arrived.

Edited by gregf (04/28/14 08:29 AM)

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Indy 4 new [Re: gregf]
#324925 - 04/19/14 01:14 AM

> > I think this working get added to MAME after you are done. I saw it marked as not
> working.
>
> You overlooked how it was listed in the .153 whatsnew.txt file. The files only
> document the roms of several of the non-cpu games....nothing more at this time. That
> way board owners/users know what roms are on the various pcbs and any devs that work
> on the games later.
>
> --
> >-Fixed pong (rom based). Minor changes no netlist code.[Couriersud]
>
> >-Added skeleton drivers for some discrete games using ROMs, and added
> some documentation. [Fabio Priuli, Tafoid, gregf]
> --
>
>
> src/emu/netlist, src/emu/netlist/devices, src/emu/netlist/analog
>
> In order for other non-cpu games to be emulated, more TTL chips have to be supported
> by adding in the devices directory and any analog related issues have to be added to
> analog directory.
>
> couriersud is mainly building up netlist support to a more working state at this
> time and that's why only Pong (pong.c) is used as the test item.

Oh ok. I don't read the whatsnew.txt most of time.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Reged: 01/09/04
Send PM

Re: Indy 4 new [Re: gregf]
#325015 - 04/21/14 02:31 AM

Hi-Way was a fun game. It "disppeared" from the local bowling alley and Night Driver appeared in its place. I was too mezmerized by Night Driver to give Hi-Way much thought again, until about 15 years ago when I was attempting to hunt one down.

So far, I think only Andy Welburn has the game, and only in PCB form.

Pre-Monaco GP, Super Road Champions became my favorite driving game, as it reminded me of Hi-Way, albeit in color and from a different view perspective. I'm hoping that one appears some day...

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces!"- Nick Mason, Pink Floyd

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 155 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2057