View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

cyberspyder
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/28/07
Send PM

2 quick questions BERZERK and MAMEUI64
#324495 - 04/11/14 03:29 AM

1st of all HELLO to any of the old TOMBSTONES forum users out there.

I am updating my MAME file since the last time i did was .053 and i had a major HD crash and all was lost. I notice when using the new Mameui64 that the BERZERK game, evil otto comes out much sooner then he used to. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, when updating individual ROMS and doing a refresh, is there a way to stop the ui from doing a FULL refresh and only update the new stuff? I know there was a way to do it in older versions of MAME, but like i said i havent been around since .053 (started with .37) and i cant find any mention of a fix.

Thanx in advance
Cyber Spyder

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: 2 quick questions BERZERK and MAMEUI64 new [Re: cyberspyder]
#324496 - 04/11/14 04:16 AM

Welcome back...

> Also, when updating individual ROMS and doing a refresh, is there a way to stop the ui from doing a FULL refresh and only update the new stuff?

Right click & choose audit to only check that specific game should work. If I were you I'd read through the help file, A LOT has changed since your last update. Also, if you go under >Options >Interface you can turn it off from doing a full check every start(in case you didn't know. Another point would be to not use MAMEUI to do your audits. Get Romans' CLRMAMEPRO and learn to use it. Much, much easier for finding & filling missing things.

Can't help you with Berzerk. No dip settings I see change Ottos appearance time. I'm almost sure that someone has compared the time he appears on a PCB with MAMEs timing & made sure it is accurate. I'm not certain but I'm sure someone out there can verify it.

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

cyberspyder
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2 quick questions BERZERK and MAMEUI64 new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#324500 - 04/11/14 04:58 AM

Thanks for the info. It has been a long time since i updated, so i should read up a little more. I was just scanning the forums and found no mention on either topic.

I played berzerk constantly, so i know that otto appears too soon. On the first board it was like 1 minute before he apeared, and the 2nd board it was like 45 seconds and so on (this is in the arcade on the actual machine). It's not important, just that it makes it a little harder. Thanks again for the info and the "welcome back"

Cyber Spyder

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

#324692 - 04/15/14 04:15 AM

> I played berzerk constantly, so i know that otto appears too soon. On the first board
> it was like 1 minute before he apeared, and the 2nd board it was like 45 seconds and
> so on (this is in the arcade on the actual machine).

i checked some youtube vids of the real arcade version, he seems to appear pretty quick in those vids. most notably in this one:

cyberspyder
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2 quick questions BERZERK and MAMEUI64 new [Re: grog]
#324742 - 04/15/14 07:26 PM

Grog,

My old machine was 2.88ghz with 1 meg ram, don't know if that would have made much difference. When i run the game on my main system (AMD FX 4170 4.2 mhz 16 gigs) he seems to come out much sooner. Guess when i get the new rig for inside the mame cabinet, things will be running as they should. Thanks for the reply.

Cyber Spyder

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#324755 - 04/16/14 01:36 AM

So long as it's running at 100% speed, the CPU(or memory) in the PC should not matter. Unless you're playing(god help you if you are) un-throttled that is.
I also seem to recall Otto taking longer to appear too but,

I've only been able to play it on MAME for many years so ??? I don't know...

I also seem to remember different machines starting at different levels/difficulty and the differently colored robots. In MAME there seems to only be 1 start option whereas in that yubeo his machine started with the white bots. Maybe there are still other undumped sets like what I remember floating around still.

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

cyberspyder
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 2 quick questions BERZERK and MAMEUI64 new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#324759 - 04/16/14 02:55 AM

NO!!! Un-throttled is impossible hehe Sounds like the robots got replaced with alvin and the chipmunks. I have the rom from .53 im gonna experiment with it. I also noticed that video from youtube started with the white bots, there must be other dumps floating around.

Pages: 1

Frontend Tech + >> MAMEUI & IV/Play
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert 
0 registered and 46 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 6127