MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mr.Arcade
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/08/12
Send PM

Missing security key in COM1
#324169 - 04/06/14 08:50 AM

Hi all,

I am owner of an original Inskor upright racecabinet. In it is the original PC with V-Rally 2 Arcade Edition. It was working fine untill one day when I turned it on, the harddrive wouldn't boot up. The fans were working correct, so the PC got it power correct.

I took out he PC bij disconnecting de VGA-cable, sound cable, power cable and COM1 port (to controles) and connected the PC to a monitor, keyboard (PS/2) and plugged in a USB-mouse and USB-speakers. After startup the mouse(driver) installed itself (the PC is windows-based, but without a GUI, so the install-bar was visible.

After that I found out what was the problem. There was a small powerswitch at the back. Never I had to push that before, but it seems something had changed during power-off. Problem solved? No! Now the PC starts up correctly but "hangs" after the bootup selftest. There's an empty Windows-window saying: "Missing security Key in COM1".

I think (but don't know) that bij installing some USB-parts, I excluded the COM1-port for the controls or something like that.

I realy don't know how to fix it, especially not because there is no GUI!

Perhaps any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Mr.Arcade (04/06/14 08:51 AM)

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Missing security key in COM1 new [Re: Mr.Arcade]
#324173 - 04/06/14 01:06 PM

Connect the controls to COM port 1 and using the keyboard you might be able to press Windows+R to get the run box or control-alt-delete to get task manager to run.

If you get the run box, type in devmgmt.msc and it'll show you all the hardware installed. Similarly if you got the task manager, in the applications tab, click new task and type in devmgmt.msc like above.

You might also be lucky that the shell (the GUI) is still installed but disabled, so typing explorer.exe using either method above might work.

BTW, you double posted this into programming

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1976