MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

deltasquared
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/18/13
Send PM

Recommendation for gamepad working with MAME and Linux?
#323728 - 03/24/14 01:14 AM

I'm considering buying a couple Logitech F710 gamepad to use for playing two player games on MAME, on a Linux system.

Does anyone have any experiences with this? Would the F710 be a good or bad choice? What other than the F710 should be considered? I might be able to get away with using the Logitech F310, but the cables are a hassle and I would probably need USB extension cables.

What I mean by experiences is pretty much how well does this device work not just with Linux, but how well does this device work with MAME?

For anyone using a Linux system with gamepads for MAME, please tell me what you're using. It is hard to find information on this subject and I don't want to spend days trying to get something to work when I would prefer it to just work pretty much out of the box with minimal configuration.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Recommendation for gamepad working with MAME and Linux? new [Re: deltasquared]
#323748 - 03/24/14 04:52 PM

> For anyone using a Linux system with gamepads for MAME, please tell me what you're
> using. It is hard to find information on this subject and I don't want to spend days
> trying to get something to work when I would prefer it to just work pretty much out
> of the box with minimal configuration.

I primarily use the wired USB version of the Xbox 360 controller when developing MAME on Linux. (It also works beautifully with Steam games for Linux, of course). The PS3 Dualshock3 and PS4 Dualshock4 (both again using USB cables) also work with MAME on Linux.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Recommendation for gamepad working with MAME and Linux? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#323781 - 03/25/14 09:58 PM

> > For anyone using a Linux system with gamepads for MAME, please tell me what you're
> > using. It is hard to find information on this subject and I don't want to spend
> days
> > trying to get something to work when I would prefer it to just work pretty much out
> > of the box with minimal configuration.
>
> I primarily use the wired USB version of the Xbox 360 controller when developing MAME
> on Linux. (It also works beautifully with Steam games for Linux, of course). The PS3
> Dualshock3 and PS4 Dualshock4 (both again using USB cables) also work with MAME on
> Linux.

Some people was saying that the L1 button and R1 button get to sticking. They also was talking about the sticks having a quick wearing on the rubber. PS4 Dualshock4

Just throwing out there about these issues might be true. I don't own one. So don't freak out if this happen to your controller. There a lot of ways to fix those issue.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 59 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2342