View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bob D.
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/12/14
Send PM

Frontend Suggestion?
#323569 - 03/20/14 01:32 AM

I've recently built a Mame machine running Mame 152 under Linux. We're having a lot of fun with it, but I'm not really happy with the frontend I'm using.

I have a lot of roms loaded and need a frontend which makes selecting from a large list easy. I would love a frontend that didn't display a huge list of games and instead displays them in categories. Perhaps displaying games in folders (i.e. Driving, Fighting, etc.) or filtering games by category would work. Filters would need to be cycled through using a button or joystick.

Does anyone know of a frontend that can do this? I need one which runs under Linux and can be controlled completely by arcade controls, not a keyboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Bob

bubble_joe
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/30/14
Send PM

Re: Frontend Suggestion? new [Re: Bob D.]
#323949 - 03/30/14 04:11 PM

I would suggest trying the relatively new Attract-Mode Frontend. It should offer everything you need.

http://attractmode.org/

ASI
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/23/10
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: Frontend Suggestion? new [Re: Bob D.]
#323978 - 03/30/14 09:08 PM

What sort of specs you looking for in frontend.
I have a small frontend written for my own use on my machine, never really tested it under linux. Now maybe the time to do so as seems to be a shortage for linux in arcade cab.

My frontend automatically scans the categories on generates the list for you so no manual editing needed. Auto updates for new or older version of mame also.

Will check out and post it here if wanted.

Bob D.
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Frontend Suggestion? new [Re: ASI]
#324190 - 04/07/14 01:20 AM

ASI,

Sorry for the long delay in my reply.

I have a lot of ROMs in my cabinet so a single list of games becomes a problem. I'm looking for something that lists games in categories. I would love to mount a button on my cab to enable cycling through categories.

I'm not sure I want much more. The menu I'm currently using shows screenshots as selections, that would be nice.

If you would like me to test your code under Linux please let me know.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob D.
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Frontend Suggestion? new [Re: bubble_joe]
#324191 - 04/07/14 01:21 AM

Bubble_joe,

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Bob

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 421 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1318