MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

If ever there was a table I'd have sex with...
#322432 - 02/22/14 07:30 PM

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

relevant new [Re: GatKong]
#322434 - 02/22/14 07:49 PM

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: relevant new [Re: italie]
#322452 - 02/23/14 03:02 AM

I haven't watched the show regularly in a long time but based on that clip Jason Jones seems pretty angry and doesn't fit the historic Daily Show vibe. Mine 2 cents.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: relevant new [Re: Smitdogg]
#322453 - 02/23/14 04:21 AM

No one caught the irony the Russian he interviewed is named "Sir Gay"!

> I haven't watched the show regularly in a long time but based on that clip Jason Jones seems pretty angry and doesn't fit the historic Daily Show vibe. Mine 2 cents.

There Jason Jones is, pointing out to the gay Russians they could come to America and be openly gay... but they don't want to leave Russia because they are "Russians first." These people are legally persecuted in their homeland, but are still too proud of their homeland to leave it.

Yet there too is Jason saying "That's fine... no one is American first."

You could turn Jason's question around and say "If you don't like it here... why don't just go to [insert country name]"? Why wouldn't he? He's not "American first" so why would he give a shit.

Kind of captures the popular sentiment in the States right now... to have any form patriotism is "lunacy"... no one would put their country first here... and quite frankly Hollywood would have you believe you should almost be ashamed to be American. But the biggest irony is that America has more freedoms and is more of what Hollywood wants the world to be like than almost anywhere else in the world, like, say... Russia! Talk about taking what you have for granted. We're not perfect... but we continuously strive and make progress to get it right.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: relevant new [Re: GatKong]
#322454 - 02/23/14 04:28 AM

Actually I think everyone caught the sir gay bit. I understand he has his share of smart ass bits, I'm not denying that. It's just that smart ass rarely conforms attractively with anger. The guy seems like any time he might lose control like he was tormented as a kid and is fucked up on account of it.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#322455 - 02/23/14 04:46 AM

> No one caught the irony the Russian he interviewed is named "Sir Gay"!
>
>
> > I haven't watched the show regularly in a long time but based on that clip Jason
> Jones seems pretty angry and doesn't fit the historic Daily Show vibe. Mine 2 cents.
>
> There Jason Jones is, pointing out to the gay Russians they could come to America and
> be openly gay... but they don't want to leave Russia because they are "Russians
> first." These people are legally persecuted in their homeland, but are still too
> proud of their homeland to leave it.
>
> Yet there too is Jason saying "That's fine... no one is American first."
>
> You could turn Jason's question around and say "If you don't like it here... why
> don't just go to [insert country name]"? Why wouldn't he? He's not "American first"
> so why would he give a shit.
>
> Kind of captures the popular sentiment in the States right now... to have any form
> patriotism is "lunacy"... no one would put their country first here... and quite
> frankly Hollywood would have you believe you should almost be ashamed to be American.
> But the biggest irony is that America has more freedoms and is more of what Hollywood
> wants the world to be like than almost anywhere else in the world, like, say...
> Russia! Talk about taking what you have for granted. We're not perfect... but we
> continuously strive and make progress to get it right.

We're striving for something alright, but I wouldn't call it progress.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#322457 - 02/23/14 04:57 AM Attachment: Screen Shot 2014-02-22 at 8.56.08 PM.png 65 KB (0 downloads)

"when the woman did not stop"

just sayin'

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#322458 - 02/23/14 05:29 AM

> "when the woman did not stop"
>
> just sayin'

Not arguing that she could have stopped, or even not jaywalked in the first place.

Trumped charges of resisting arrest and "Not identifying" stemming from a jogger jaywalking? Fark that, fark them. That is crossing the line from lazy cops going after cheap quota to militant assholes creating a police state and abusing power.

//Just sayin.

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: If ever there was a table I'd have sex with... new [Re: GatKong]
#322462 - 02/23/14 06:56 AM

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: If ever there was a table I'd have sex with... new [Re: Andrew]
#322465 - 02/23/14 07:27 AM

I dunno... it seems a little "pinchy" for anything sexual.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#322469 - 02/23/14 09:16 AM

> "when the woman did not stop"
>
> just sayin'

I'm sure I read somewhere that she had an iPod &/or some headphones on. Which would make it difficult to hear.

edit: yeah.

Quote:

“I was sitting at the Starbucks at 24th and San Antonio,” one witness told The Daily Texan. “Then I hear a cop shout at an innocent girl jogging through West Campus with her headphones on.”

http://www.infowars.com/cops-arrest-jogger-for-jaywalking-failure-to-identify/

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: If ever there was a table I'd have sex with... new [Re: DMala]
#322478 - 02/23/14 03:31 PM

Yeah sounds a little pinchy, dog.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#322481 - 02/23/14 05:24 PM

Too bad that she jay-walked... technically, that's against the law and what most people don't realize is that you are NOT required to identify unless you're being accused of a crime.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: relevant new [Re: URherenow]
#322482 - 02/23/14 06:21 PM

> Too bad that she jay-walked... technically, that's against the law and what most
> people don't realize is that you are NOT required to identify unless you're being
> accused of a crime.

Yeah...see...that is still an issue in my book. Spirit, meet letter. Letter, spirit. They took an easily diffusable situation, that they more or less instigated, on a law that is rarely enforced, and decided to be dicks.

Don't pull people over until they hit 15 over? Sooner or later everyone will catch on and do 14 over. Decide to enforce the posted limit one day of the year...basically legal by definition, but entrapment by spirit. Same shit here.

Lets cut to the chase and do away with this money grabbing BS. If you are going to enforce a law, enforce it. If you don't enforce it 364 days of the year, it probably shouldn't be on the books. Abuses and misuse of power like this might not a happen anymore.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: relevant new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#322522 - 02/24/14 07:47 AM

> > "when the woman did not stop"
> >
> > just sayin'
>
>
> I'm sure I read somewhere that she had an iPod &/or some headphones on. Which would
> make it difficult to hear.
>
> edit: yeah.
>
> “I was sitting at the Starbucks at 24th and San Antonio,” one witness told The Daily
> Texan. “Then I hear a cop shout at an innocent girl jogging through West Campus with
> her headphones on.”
>
> http://www.infowars.com/cops-arrest-jogger-for-jaywalking-failure-to-identify/

I will say some cops do seem to think people have some magical ability to hear and understand them regardless of the circumstances. I got bagged a couple of years ago for an expired inspection sticker. I was making a left-hand turn and went past a group of motorcycle cops. When I was almost a block past them, one of them put his arm up and yelled "Yo!" up the street in my direction. I heard him and looked in my mirror, but I was a block away at this point, there were several cars behind me, and as far as I knew, I hadn't done anything wrong, so I just continued on my way. A minute later, he rode up and pulled me over. He was surprisingly not pissed off, but he gave me a little grief about not pulling over when he yelled. And of course, because I made him get up and chase me, he wrote me up for the sticker.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 381 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2865