MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

LRa
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/07/05
Send PM

X360 controller coin and start problem
#322237 - 02/19/14 01:31 PM

Hello,

I've connected a usb x360 controller to my pc to use with MAME. It works very good, but for some reason the SELECT and START button, although mapped via the gui as COIN and START, do respond in game.

Ideas?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: X360 controller coin and start problem new [Re: LRa]
#322253 - 02/19/14 08:54 PM

> Hello,
>
> I've connected a usb x360 controller to my pc to use with MAME. It works very good,
> but for some reason the SELECT and START button, although mapped via the gui as COIN
> and START, do respond in game.

Define "mapped via the gui" - if you did it externally, it's possible MAME may number the buttons a little differently or something, and remapping via the Tab menu might yield better results. In any case, I use a wired 360 controller on my Linux system and start/select work fine as coin/start, so it's definitely possible to make work

LRa
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/07/05
Send PM

Re: X360 controller coin and start problem new [Re: R. Belmont]
#322265 - 02/19/14 10:55 PM

Sorry, what I meant by gui, is via the tab menu.

So the keys worked when I mapped them, but then I couldn't insert coins nor start.

BadMouth
Arcade Racing Fan
Reged: 06/13/11
Send PM

#322503 - 02/24/14 03:43 AM

That's how I map mine. Never had an issue with it.
Works as expected.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#322505 - 02/24/14 05:10 AM

> Hello,
>
> I've connected a usb x360 controller to my pc to use with MAME. It works very good,
> but for some reason the SELECT and START button, although mapped via the gui as COIN
> and START, do (did you mean DON'T?) respond in game.
>
> Ideas?

This will sound either obvious or dumb (and probably won't make a bit of difference anyway)... But what about *sigh* updating the drivers?

I just thought I'd mention it because I had to do it several months back on my Win7 computer. But, at the time - I was playing games in Steam, not MAME.

But since then I have put MAME and a few games on that (this) computer. I haven't had any trouble setting those 2 buttons. Actually, I have one as PAUSE, and the other as 1st Player Start.

LEVEL-4

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 243 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1941