gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

DICE 0.8 Released
#322097 - 02/16/14 10:03 PM

http://adamulation.blogspot.com/

The four supported games for this release: Crossfire (Atari, 1975), Clean Sweep (Ramtek, 1974), Wipe Out (Ramtek, 1973), Pin Pong (Atari, 1974)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

btw: DICE 0.8 *edit* new [Re: gregf]
#322098 - 02/16/14 10:21 PM

And also my thanks to Keven Eshbach, Stephen H., and siftware, and to both Adam and Rich for making it possible to show that the proms that siftware had dumped years earlier from the Ramtek pcbs seem to be okay.

After trying Crossfire (Atari, 1975) it is an okay game imo. It could have been better if they supported the "single player versus machine" option.

For Pin Pong (Atari, 1974) gameplay reference, watch the youtube videoclip for gameplay reference. The large ram usage size is mentioned on the DICE home page. If trying Pin Pong in DICE 0.8 and using an out-of-date computer, it is a long wait as Pin Pong is loaded into ram before game can be played.

http://unmamed.mameworld.info/no_cpu.html#PinPong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol8g-tKd-nw

For Ramtek Clean Sweep, the prom names have been changed earlier to match what is on the Ramtek Clean Sweep pcb. The correct Clean Sweep prom names are in the MAME source file under Ramtek.c DICE code should be matching the same prom names as in MAME source.

If DICE indicates an error regarding prom names, it is because the Clean Sweep rom set was downloaded a long time ago. Rename them to what is in MAME source Ramtek.c and it should work okay.

--
src/mame/tree/src/mame/drivers/ramtek.c

ROM_START( cleanswp )

"501075.c6",
"501076.d7",
"501074.k3",
--

The last thing to mention about Clean Sweep is a bezel will eventually be worked on so there can be future artwork support for Clean Sweep in MAME later when Clean Sweep is emulated in MAME.

The bezel should have a light shade of blue (center portion of bezel) for the video output to seem to be in color, but it is actually a black/white monitor....not a color monitor (sort of a temporary color hack until bezel and its shaded blue color is supported later). The bezel uses backlit lamps to indicate gameplay status.

Eventually the netlist code should cover the gameplay and backlit lamps feature whenever emulaton takes place later in MAME.

Edited by gregf (02/17/14 12:23 AM)

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: btw: DICE 0.8 new [Re: gregf]
#322100 - 02/16/14 10:41 PM

wow, very nice to see........

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: btw: DICE 0.8 new [Re: Antny]
#322101 - 02/16/14 10:48 PM

>wow, very nice to see........

You might not have that same feeling regarding Clean Sweep in case you deal with the bezel image updating later (photoshop updating the bezel). *kidding*

Fortunately it looks like Crossfire does not use any rom or prom so we lucked out with this game and seeing it preserved. *a relief*

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: gregf]
#322107 - 02/17/14 12:31 AM

Cool, a new version.
Thank you. I'll update the DICE games database by tomorrow

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#322109 - 02/17/14 01:07 AM

>Thank you.

Definitely goes to Adam and Rich for their work. They get the spare parts and see if something can be built from those available spare parts.

>I'll update the DICE games database by tomorrow

I noticed the Non-MAME page already updated. :-)

--
http://nonmame.retrogames.com/

02/16/14: Modified Discrete Circuity-Based Hardware: Miscellaneous section per the DICE 0.8 release.
--

btw: etabeta added quite a few ttl reference files a couple weeks ago so quite a few non-cpu games are now documented within MAME source files at this time. There are still a number of other companies to add later such as Project Support Engineering along with a few others. It's a good start though.

--
02-03-2014

added skeleton for discrete games with roms, to ensure the dumps are
available when we get there with the emulation.

src/mame/drivers/atarittl.c

// Crossfire
// Unclear if this is 100% TTL or if it uses a ROM:
// IC description in manual says a rom is used (74186 ROM)
// but the parts list in the same manual mentions no IC 74186!

/* // 100% TTL - NO ROMS

src/mame/drivers/ramtek.c

--

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Huzzah! *nt* new [Re: gregf]
#322114 - 02/17/14 02:47 AM

> http://adamulation.blogspot.com/
>
> The four supported games for this release: Crossfire (Atari, 1975), Clean Sweep
> (Ramtek, 1974), Wipe Out (Ramtek, 1973), Pin Pong (Atari, 1974)

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

#322115 - 02/17/14 03:03 AM Attachment: Image4.jpg 20 KB (2 downloads)

>You might not have that same feeling regarding Clean Sweep in case you deal with the >bezel image updating later (photoshop updating the bezel). *kidding*

Kudos to you for acquiring it. It will be a lot easier then bezels I have taken on in the past. Let me know when it shows up.

I guess Pin Pong had an overlay of some sort.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Send PM

#322119 - 02/17/14 03:25 AM

Thank you for the info. DICE_xml.dat already updated

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#322120 - 02/17/14 03:40 AM

>DICE_xml.dat already updated

I looked at DICE Clean Sweep entry with prom names shown as.

--
"clean.6c", 0xBE02B5F5); //paddle shape
"clean.d7", 0xBE40B153); //ball control
"clean.k3", 0x515A34BA); //number images
--

iirc DICE is forgiving if filenames don't match because game continues to load whereas MAME is stricter and might exit back out to the commandline prompt.

The prom names in MAME source code match what is on the labels of the Clean Sweep pcbs.

--
02-03-2014

added skeleton for discrete games with roms, to ensure the dumps are
available when we get there with the emulation.

src/mame/drivers/atarittl.c

// Crossfire
// Unclear if this is 100% TTL or if it uses a ROM:
// IC description in manual says a rom is used (74186 ROM)
// but the parts list in the same manual mentions no IC 74186!

/* // 100% TTL - NO ROMS

src/mame/drivers/ramtek.c

--

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#322121 - 02/17/14 03:46 AM

>I guess Pin Pong had an overlay of some sort.

Yep. I am not sure how many stickers are placed on the monitor. iirc it wasn't an overlay piece, but various stickers that were carefully adhered to the monitor. I don't know if that was done at the Atari assembly or arcade operators having to do that when cabs first arrived brand new at various locations back then in mid 1970s.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Huzzah! new [Re: Stiletto]
#322122 - 02/17/14 03:50 AM

and then some.

I was crossing fingers for Highway, but Clean Sweep is a good start.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#322123 - 02/17/14 04:12 AM

Stephen H., never thought I'd see that name again. What is this, 2001?

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: Smitdogg]
#322124 - 02/17/14 04:35 AM

> Stephen H., never thought I'd see that name again. What is this, 2001?

I thought gregf just wanted to make sure to credit anyone who'd ever helped him with Clean Sweep, ever.

... unless Mr. H. really is still alive and helping behind the scenes?

- Stiletto

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: Stiletto]
#322125 - 02/17/14 04:39 AM

That sounds 2gregf even 4gregf. But he is 1thorough SOB.

Brian Deuel
Old Man
Reged: 01/09/04
Send PM

#322139 - 02/17/14 07:20 AM

Nice work, guys! Everyone involved deserves the proverbial pat on the back

"One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces!"- Nick Mason, Pink Floyd

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#322146 - 02/17/14 09:59 AM

> > I guess Pin Pong had an overlay of some sort.
>
> Yep. I am not sure how many stickers are placed on the monitor. iirc it wasn't an
> overlay piece, but various stickers that were carefully adhered to the monitor. I
> don't know if that was done at the Atari assembly or arcade operators having to do
> that when cabs first arrived brand new at various locations back then in mid 1970s.

Besides your photo (illustration?) from the flyer, btribble took some screenshots of the YouTube video of Pin Pong and photoshopped them to straighten them out:

---

Meanwhile, Old-Computers.com made one from this photo:
http://www.arcade-museum.com/images/111/1112590714.jpg and photoshopped that:

---

However, probably a collector can take better photos at some point; there's three game owners on VAPS.

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

#322147 - 02/17/14 10:10 AM

>Stephen H., never thought I'd see that name again.

A different Stephen....not the one from the old MAME.net days such as when Gridle would have to smack around Dexter and the Nakashiro crew in case Dexter misbehaved on the MAME.net forum. LOL Good old days.

>What is this, 2001?

If it were, Fazeo would be posting oversized Boston Red Sox world series images on this forum while elgo would get frisky with him for old times sake.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: Stiletto]
#322148 - 02/17/14 10:18 AM

>>Stephen H., never thought I'd see that name again. What is this, 2001?

>I thought gregf just wanted to make sure to credit anyone who'd ever helped him with
>Clean Sweep, ever.

Leave no "credits due" behind since this is a group effort along the way.

But I overlooked thanking Zephyr too because the cab photos and videos he took in either 2003 or maybe it was 2004 also helped out.

>... unless Mr. H. really is still alive and helping behind the scenes?

Not the *Stephen "Sega 16 is encrypted" H.* old MAME.net forum member from years earlier. A different Stephen.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: btw: DICE 0.8 new [Re: Stiletto]
#322149 - 02/17/14 10:27 AM

>Besides your photo (illustration?) from the flyer, btribble took some screenshots of the
> YouTube video of Pin Pong and photoshopped them to straighten them out:

I am not sure where Antny got the image from.

>However, probably a collector can take better photos at some point; there's three game
>owners on VAPS.

I might have some photos from an auction many years earlier. I will see if I have them.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

#322150 - 02/17/14 12:56 PM

After reading "Crossfire" I thought it was Taito's Crossfire (AKA Bazooka from PSE). I'd love to see this one in your superb emulator too. In fact, I have both schematics/graphics ROMS of it, if you have interest in this one, I can send you the stuff I've got.

Thanks a lot for DICE man!

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Send PM

#322152 - 02/17/14 01:24 PM

yes, DICE ROM names are different.

Quote:

iirc DICE is forgiving if filenames don't match because game continues to load whereas MAME is stricter and might exit back out to the commandline prompt.

??? afaik, MAME doesn't care about ROM names either. It loads files thru CRC32 only.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino

etabeta
Reged: 08/25/04
Send PM

#322153 - 02/17/14 01:30 PM

> yes, DICE ROM names are different.
> iirc DICE is forgiving if filenames don't match because game continues to load
> whereas MAME is stricter and might exit back out to the commandline prompt.
> ??? afaik, MAME doesn't care about ROM names either. It loads files thru CRC32 only.

it depends. zipped files are loaded by crc (relying on the checksum in the zip header, and ignoring filenames), but if you store uncompressed files in subfolders of the rompath, e.g. pacman.zip files in

roms/pacman/

then MAME allows to load any file as long as it has the correct filename (a warning is printed on the prompt/shell if CRC mismatches, but emulation starts anyway)

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

#322161 - 02/17/14 04:57 PM

>I am not sure where Antny got the image from

Blown up from the flyer.

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: etabeta]
#322162 - 02/17/14 04:59 PM

You're right. Emu Loader doesn't support unzipped files, that's why I said what I said.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

#322174 - 02/18/14 02:36 AM Attachment: Pin Pong.jpg 70 KB (1 downloads)

Found a better pic

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

#322178 - 02/18/14 04:21 AM

> Found a better pic

Interesting, seems to be the same resolution and image as the KLOV pic I linked but did not embed. Wonder why it's bigger... color depth?

- Stiletto

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: DICE 0.8 Released new [Re: Brian Deuel]
#322183 - 02/18/14 11:39 AM

>Nice work, guys! Everyone involved deserves the proverbial pat on the back.

Yep. Great to see Clean Sweep and Wipe Out running as I hoped would be the case when proms were dumped many years earlier. A couple more touch ups in the works for Clean Sweep and that should be happening later.

I am looking forward to seeing Atari Highway emulated.

casm
Cinematronics > *
Reged: 08/27/07
Send PM

#322211 - 02/18/14 11:57 PM

Great release, and *huge* thanks for getting OS X builds working! I know it's early days yet for it, but everything looks to be running and playing properly.

Awesome job

blinddog
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/19/14
Loc: Washington
Send PM

Re: btw: DICE 0.8 new [Re: Stiletto]
#322262 - 02/19/14 10:29 PM

> > Found a better pic
>
> Interesting, seems to be the same resolution and image as the KLOV pic I linked but
> did not embed. Wonder why it's bigger... color depth?
>
> - Stiletto

I could could take a higher res picture of Pin Pong if you'd like. This picture and the video are of my machine. Anything specific you guys want to see.

Edited by blinddog (02/19/14 10:51 PM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

about Pin Pong cab photos etc. new [Re: blinddog]
#322268 - 02/20/14 12:04 AM

>> Interesting, seems to be the same resolution and image as the KLOV pic I linked but
>> did not embed. Wonder why it's bigger... color depth?

>I could could take a higher res picture of Pin Pong if you'd like. This picture and the
>video are of my machine.

A well done video clip that you did there of explaining all the details and operation of Pin Pong gameplay. I made sure to mention that when posting last month while Bobby T. was in process of updating unMAMEd web page. A rareity to find video clips that provide ins and outs of gameplay of arcade cabs that are from 1960s and 1970s.

--
Re: unMAMEd page updated
01/03/14 04:18 AM

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

And for the non-cpu page is Atari Pin Pong. The cab owner of Pin Pong provides an excellent description of details of the Pin Pong game play. It is worth watching. If Pin Pong ever does get emulated later, hopefully there will be some way of getting decent video artwork overlay so Pin Pong emulation will be understood. No fun of having to guess how the score is accumulated when playing the game.

--
http://unmamed.mameworld.info/no_cpu.html

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=756&page=1#434

Atari Pin Pong 1974

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol8g-tKd-nw
--

I was surprised that Adam B. had added support for Pin Pong in DICE. I was expecting Crossfire to maybe have a chance of being supported. I knew Rich would have Clean Sweep and Wipe Out supported in DICE, but wasn't sure if any other games would be supported.

--
Crossfire thread from last year

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1
--

>Anything specific you guys want to see.

While cab is powered off, if you can take hi resolution closeups of the sticker decals such as flippers labels and also of the monitor screen of the score numbers that will really help out a lot.

There should be some folks here that can do a preliminary artwork rendition so all the stickers are accounted for. For Pin Pong monitor overlay, I believe it should likely be treated as an internal layout file within in MAME source code.

When MAME .153 is eventually released, it will have many of the non-cpu games documented for first time. As you probably know MAME is just starting in with preliminary non-cpu support. It might be awhile before Pin Pong and the artwork is fully working in MAME, but if you can take lots of closeup reference photos for starters this will really help a lot when Pin Pong is in process of being supported in MAME later.

DICE might be able to support the Pin Pong monitor overlay/stickers decals, but DICE doesn't really have an artwork support feature at this time compared to MAME whereas DICE has the lead with lots of chips supported and many more games supported compared to MAME.

If you can take lots of photos, similar to how Zephyr did with the Ramtek Clean Sweep cab back in 2003, that would be great. Also when cab is powered on and you can take photos of the backlit lamps artwork on the top of Pin Pong cab, that would be great.

Sixtoe (System 16) and Discrete Logistics site could host those cab photos. Maybe one of the cab 3D artists might be able to work on getting a 3D artwork image of the Pin Pong cab at a later time.

--
http://discrete.mameworld.info/Zephyr/cleansweep.html

http://www.system16.com/

http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=756
http://www.system16.com/hardware.php?id=756&page=1#434
--

btw: As for DICE Pin Pong audio emulation, it probably could have been a challenge at last moment and Adam didn't have time to support that in DICE 0.8 It probably took more work than expected and was to be continued later for a future version of DICE.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Clean Sweep bezel artwork findings etc. new [Re: gregf]
#322279 - 02/20/14 03:22 AM

A little bit of a learning lesson after getting a bezel of the game.

Clean Sweep bezel does have a blue acetate overlay piece that is taped to the back inside of the bezel piece. It is not taped to the monitor like other games.

My mistake because I had thought maybe the middle part of the bezel piece was blue. It is clear translucent so DICE 0.8 is correct with screen being colored as it is.

When Clean Sweep is emulated in MAME later, the layout source file will be a shade of blue. The external MAME artwork should consist of the bezel piece by itself. I am not sure about the backlit lamps, but I will guess they will be part of the layout source file as well.

http://discrete.mameworld.info/Zephyr/cleansweep.html

The tough part might be figuring the amount to illuminate the messages on sides of the bezel piece where words of Serve Ball and Game Over can be seen....see examples below.

http://discrete.mameworld.info/Zephyr/FullScreen(Flash).jpg

http://discrete.mameworld.info/Zephyr/FullScreen(noFlash).jpg

To me, this looks like the blue acetate overlay piece is missing, but the bezel is in great shape. Hopefully the 'artwork staff' can get Clean Sweep bezel scan looking as good as this piece in the photo.

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Pin Pong sticker photos new [Re: gregf]
#322290 - 02/20/14 05:56 AM Attachment: Pin_Pong.zip 2804 KB (7 downloads)

> A well done video clip that you did there of explaining all the details and
> operation of Pin Pong gameplay. I made sure to mention that when posting last month
> while Bobby T. was in process of updating unMAMEd web page. A rareity to find video
> clips that provide ins and outs of gameplay of arcade cabs that are from 1960s and
> 1970s.
>

Thanks that's nice to hear and what I was hoping to accomplish with the videos. Like you said there's not a lot of videos and info on the 70's games and seeing that I own a few of them I thought I should try and fix that.

Here are a few pics I took and I'll include a zip file of the right flipper and the rest of the scores at there original size. Hope this helps the project. I'm glad to see the non-cpu games showing up now.

I got a PM about doing the 3D model too so I guess that's next.

-blinddog

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Pin Pong sticker photos new [Re: blinddog]
#322295 - 02/20/14 08:02 AM

Thanks for uploading those pictures blinddog. If you get a chance can you take a few pictures of the cabinet (from different angles)? The side art, if any, would be good also. Close up of the control panel (for front ends)and bezel would be a plus. If you ever dismantle it for any reason scans of any of that "groovy" artwork would be primo.

I know that's a lot. Whatever you can contribute is appreciated.

It looks like you have a beautiful game there. Thanks for anything in advance.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Pin Pong sticker photos new [Re: blinddog]
#322297 - 02/20/14 08:20 AM

>Thanks that's nice to hear and what I was hoping to accomplish with the videos.

You certainly helped reduce any guesses since sometimes the manuals don't provide details of gameplay. I am not sure when Adam B. had started Pin Pong emulation for DICE.
I didn't know it was on his list whereas I knew Crossfire was on his list.

Someone had also expressed interest doing Pin Pong back around 2009 or 2010 iirc
There had been starts and stops of non-cpu emulation tries over the years by various emulators and DICE is one of the few that has gone this far since Adam restarted DICE in summer 2012.

As for MAME, non-cpu emulation wasn't possible until a few years ago when Aaron had restructured the core code to treat cpus to be just like any other hardware devices on a pcb. With that done, then it was the first start for MAME to handle non-cpu support.

>Here are a few pics I took and I'll include a zip file of the right flipper and the rest
>of the scores at there original size. Hope this helps the project.

Fantastic reference photos. These should definitely help. It might be awhile before the artwork is supported, but it definitely will be some time later.

I had thought maybe it was a single oversize overlay piece on the monitor. I wasn't expecting there to be 20 to 30 individual stickers placed all over the monitor. :-)
It has been so long since seeing a Pin Pong cab in working shape in person.

>Like you said there's not a lot of videos and info on the 70's games and seeing that I
>own a few of them I thought I should try and fix that.

As a 1970s kid going to arcades, Pin Pong wasn't one I played but maybe once or twice. Back then when quarters were a lot, I had to be selective and stuck with games I liked such a Chicago Coins EM game Flying Tigers, or maybe Allied Leisure's Crack Shot and then by 1975 when Nintendo's film reel game of WG arrived in arcades I played quite a few times when I had money to spend (first 1970s game that operators set for 2 quarters for credit iirc).

I may have seen Pin Pong only at a Time Out arcade that I went to at Westminster,CA shopping center mall in mid 1970s. I don't really recall seeing it other places like Disneyland, but it probably was there as well. I just don't recall seeing a Pin Pong cab there. So it is good to see your video and refresh my memory of details of the gameplay.

>I'm glad to see the non-cpu games showing up now.

It took a while, but that had been bits and pieces done here and there along the way such as roms from non-cpu pcbs dumped years earlier, or artwork pieces scanned in the past, or paperwork being found along the way.

>I got a PM about doing the 3D model too so I guess that's next.

Heh. The cab has interesting looks about it which does make it an ideal challenge to work with.

A large size zip file with all the cab photos of Pin Pong cab can be uploaded in this particular forum thread.

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Pin Pong sticker photos new [Re: Antny]
#322328 - 02/20/14 11:34 PM

> Thanks for uploading those pictures blinddog. If you get a chance can you take a few
> pictures of the cabinet (from different angles)? The side art, if any, would be good
> also. Close up of the control panel (for front ends)and bezel would be a plus. If you
> ever dismantle it for any reason scans of any of that "groovy" artwork would be
> primo.
>
> I know that's a lot. Whatever you can contribute is appreciated.
>
> It looks like you have a beautiful game there. Thanks for anything in advance.

I'll pull my cab out this weekend and take some shots of it.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: curious about history... new [Re: blinddog]
#322335 - 02/21/14 02:35 AM

Just curious as to the back story of your machine. Anything outstanding in it's back story?

Thanks for sharing your good luck with all of us!

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: curious about history... new [Re: Bad A Billy]
#322382 - 02/21/14 07:30 PM

I don't really know anything of it's life before I owned it so the farthest I can go back is 2003 when I picked it up.

If I remember the details correctly it was on Ebay one day with the description of almost working but would reset during game play. I think that helped scare other people away because I was able to pick the game up for I think $86 or something close to that. When I got it home and had the chance to look at it I noticed someone had just hooked one of the wires to the coin switch, didn't secure it in anyway with solder or a terminal connector so if you hit the cab it could break the connection and cause a reset so it was a pretty simple fix. Other then that and a blown 73v regulator in the monitor I haven't had any other trouble with it.

It seems to be pretty rare I've heard of 5 others in varied conditions that are still around. I plan to bring it to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show because it will be 40 years old this year

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Pin Pong cab photos new [Re: blinddog]
#322521 - 02/24/14 07:42 AM Attachment: Pinpong.zip 12143 KB (22 downloads)

I did pull Pin Pong out and took a bunch of pictures of the cabinet I'll attach them in a zip file. I tried to get all the different parts in there.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Pin Pong cab photos new [Re: blinddog]
#322532 - 02/24/14 12:11 PM

>I did pull Pin Pong out and took a bunch of pictures of the cabinet I'll attach them in
>a zip file. I tried to get all the different parts in there.

Thanks for doing photos of the cab. With the fact that it is one of the more decorative Atari cabs from the era of early to middle 1970s cabs in arcades, it definitely is worthy of getting 3D model support. imo the one Atari cab model that may have topped Pin Pong cab model design was when Atari released Fire Truck / Smokey Joe a few years later.

imo Fire Truck was their best cab design from the 1970s era Atari cabs.

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Pin Pong cab photos new [Re: blinddog]
#322558 - 02/25/14 12:58 AM

Superb thank you for doing that. I will put it on the progetta snaps board. They will be a great addition to his artwork files. I have high hopes MAME will support it one day.

That cab is in really nice shape for being so old.

What exactly do the colored lights do?

Beautiful, thanks again

Edited by Antny (02/25/14 01:06 AM)

blinddog
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Pin Pong cab photos new [Re: Antny]
#322609 - 02/25/14 07:37 PM

> Superb thank you for doing that. I will put it on the progetta snaps board. They will
> be a great addition to his artwork files. I have high hopes MAME will support it one
> day.
>
> That cab is in really nice shape for being so old.
>
> What exactly do the colored lights do?
>
> Beautiful, thanks again

As you play the game the different colors light up in relation to the points you receive. You can see them in action if you skip to the 1:00 minute mark of the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol8g-tKd-nw

richr
yikes! what smells like an electric train?
Reged: 03/30/11
Send PM

Re: Huzzah! new [Re: gregf]
#322729 - 03/01/14 06:32 AM Attachment: highway.jpg 39 KB (0 downloads)

highway is in the works. Still a few things to work out, but thanks to Adam's debugging, the screen looks nice now.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by richr (03/01/14 06:32 AM)

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Atari Highway new [Re: richr]
#322730 - 03/01/14 06:58 AM

>highway is in the works.

Yes. This is one of the top 5 1970s era arcade games I have been wanting to see emulated.

>Still a few things to work out, but thanks to Adam's debugging, the screen looks nice
>now.

Thanks to you and Adam for making this possible.

ps: One lengthy message....or maybe two messages...I forget....that are in your inbox.

Antny
Lurker
Send PM

Re: Huzzah! new [Re: richr]
#322783 - 03/03/14 06:13 AM

Sweet Rich

rohan
"Getting stuck in crane games could happen to anyone"
Reged: 03/11/04
Loc: The OC
Send PM

Re: Clean Sweep bezel artwork findings etc. new [Re: gregf]
#323249 - 03/12/14 02:45 PM Attachment: Screenshot_2014-03-12-05-35-59.png 402 KB (0 downloads)

Did you know about this overlay?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

My furniture: Holosseum, Pac-Man, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, DigDug, Tron, Astro Invader, Donkey Kong Jr., Centipede, Six-Pac, Tank! II cocktail, billiard table, and dartboard

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Send PM

Re: Clean Sweep bezel artwork findings new [Re: rohan]
#323267 - 03/12/14 08:48 PM

Hey,

>Did you know about this overlay?

I may have seen that photo earlier, but forgot about it. iirc that overlay piece is supposed to go to one of the Midway games...not Ramtek Clean Sweep. I guess a repair tech decided to get creative when re-using that spare overlay piece for a different game.

I played Clean Sweep quite a few times during 1974-1975 years (a number of times at the Time Out arcade in Westminster,CA and old Fox theatre in Rossmoor shopping center when it used to be one large theatre before it was converted to a multiplex theatre). I always recall Clean Sweep having a single blue/green color output to similar of what is shown on Zephyr's page.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 196 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 7825