Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Disneys "The Black Hole" is the biggest WTF ending in cinematic history. <Nt>
#321689 - 02/09/14 12:25 AM

...but hey, it was probably the only reason Tron got made, so it has that going for it.

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Disneys "The Black Hole" is the biggest WTF ending in cinematic history. <Nt> new [Re: italie]
#321693 - 02/09/14 01:47 AM

> ...but hey, it was probably the only reason Tron got made, so it has that going for
> it.

I saw that movie some years ago during one of my "bad sci-fi" stints. And I swear I can't remember a single thing about that movie, much less about the ending.

I voted it with a 3 in IMDB so I guess it stands to its reputation, but still I can't imagine what happened in the movie or in the end.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Disneys "The Black Hole" is the biggest WTF ending in cinematic history. <Nt> new [Re: Pi]
#321697 - 02/09/14 02:01 AM

> > ...but hey, it was probably the only reason Tron got made, so it has that going for
> > it.
>
> I saw that movie some years ago during one of my "bad sci-fi" stints. And I swear I
> can't remember a single thing about that movie, much less about the ending.
>
> I voted it with a 3 in IMDB so I guess it stands to its reputation, but still I can't
> imagine what happened in the movie or in the end.

Lazy eye McGee liked it...not saying much though

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

The Black Hole remake. I hope not. new [Re: italie]
#321700 - 02/09/14 02:53 AM

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/49299/joseph-kosinski-the-black-hole-is-pretty-spectacular/

Also they talk about Tron 3rd movie. I say don't make the 3rd one because Tron 1 and 2 is pretty good as it is.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

TrevEB
Brokering peace between the collectors and the Mame Community
Reged: 03/11/05
Loc: Oakland, CA
Send PM

Re: Disneys "The Black Hole" is the biggest WTF ending in cinematic history. <Nt> new [Re: italie]
#321702 - 02/09/14 03:47 AM

At the time I recall people commenting on how beautiful the starfield was as well as the black hole and the flaming meteor plowing through the core of the ship. The Cygnus must be one of the earliest examples of steampunk.
Captain Nemo in space.

Terrible film though I was inspired to make a V.I.N.cent robot out of paper mâché in art class.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#321703 - 02/09/14 04:37 AM

I saw it as a kid in the theater... and my best friend named his new dog Maximillion we loved it so much!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 317 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2347