Pages: 1

anoid
Lurker
Reged: 12/05/03
Send PM

Haze: Yukiwo
#321424 - 02/04/14 03:30 PM

http://mamedev.emulab.it/haze/

News about the recently added prototype: Yukiwo. Interesting read and great to see another rarity preserved.

A-Noid

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: Haze: Yukiwo new [Re: anoid]
#321425 - 02/04/14 04:07 PM

That "Yukiwo" title logo bears a striking resemblance to that of the movie "Akira", which came out in 1988. Even the katakana look similar (ユキヲ, アキラ)

When you consider the thematic similarity of the game to the movie, and the fact that the player ship was originally a bike... You can imagine why Taito's marketing (or more likely Legal) insisted on changing the title

Also, the bit about the earth cracking and the sea boiling is a reference to Fist of the North Star.

fortuna_chan
Por que yo hablo español muy bien.
Reged: 06/01/08
Send PM

Re: Haze: Yukiwo new [Re: AWJ]
#321430 - 02/04/14 05:33 PM

It's is very interesting, a game complete with different models, and different history

This need a long difference theme

Solstar
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/29/08
Send PM

Re: Haze: Yukiwo new [Re: AWJ]
#321591 - 02/07/14 04:24 PM

> That "Yukiwo" title logo bears a striking resemblance to that of the movie "Akira",
> which came out in 1988. Even the katakana look similar (ユキヲ,
> アキラ
>
> When you consider the thematic similarity of the game to the movie, and the fact that
> the player ship was originally a bike... You can imagine why Taito's marketing (or
> more likely Legal) insisted on changing the title
>
> Also, the bit about the earth cracking and the sea boiling is a reference to Fist of
> the North Star.

i was saying exactly the same about Akira.also the whole post-apocalyptic story is a reminder to that of akira and of course of hokuto no ken,what's with the 199x year :P

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Haze: Yukiwo new [Re: Solstar]
#321595 - 02/07/14 06:08 PM

> i was saying exactly the same about Akira.also the whole post-apocalyptic story is a
> reminder to that of akira and of course of hokuto no ken,what's with the 199x year :P

199x is a clumsier way of expressing Max Headroom's more poetic "20 minutes into the future". Meaning it's the future, but we're closer than you think.

On topic, can you imagine how thrilled operators would've been to have a game where players stop and stare at pages of text every so often?

Embryoice
I am the Master Warrior!
Reged: 12/30/12
Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Send PM

Re: Haze: Yukiwo new [Re: R. Belmont]
#321679 - 02/08/14 08:40 PM

When I looked at this game, I thought it was Yu-Gi-Oh because the title sounded similar to it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 176 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2442