View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

VHSer
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/27/11
Send PM

metal slug super vehicle 001
#321157 - 01/30/14 09:02 PM

I have been unable to find a working Metal Slug rom. I've been to all the standard MAME rom sites but keep getting a big list of files that I either supposedly don't have or are in the rom and messed up. I have MAME 0.138u1, if that helps. This is the message that MAME gives me....

I don't understand this message. No matter where I download the rom from, I keep getting this same message asking for these same files. I want to play Metal Slug because the AVGN just did a video playing it. I got a NEOGEO emulator, but the first Metal Slug, the one that I want to play, isn't playable in the emulator I got. Any ideas ?

Osso1
Reged: 10/17/04
Send PM

Re: metal slug super vehicle 001 new [Re: VHSer]
#321158 - 01/30/14 09:09 PM

That MAME version is really old. It should be easier to download the latest version (0.152). be also sure to have neogeo.zip and mslug.zip in the roms directory.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

#321159 - 01/30/14 09:10 PM

> I have been unable to find a working Metal Slug rom. I've been to all the standard
> MAME rom sites but keep getting a big list of files that I either supposedly don't
> have or are in the rom and messed up. I have MAME 0.138u1, if that helps. This is the
> message that MAME gives me....
>
>
>
> I don't understand this message. No matter where I download the rom from, I keep
> getting this same message asking for these same files. I want to play Metal Slug
> because the AVGN just did a video playing it. I got a NEOGEO emulator, but the first
> Metal Slug, the one that I want to play, isn't playable in the emulator I got. Any
> ideas ?

Use this tool. http://mamedev.emulab.it/clrmamepro/

Faq http://www.mameworld.info/easyemu/clrmameguide/clrmame-guide.html

Use the MAME 0.152 and newer. No sense using out of date MAME builds.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#321174 - 01/31/14 02:38 AM

> I don't understand this message. No matter where I download the rom from, I keep
> getting this same message asking for these same files.

You need the Neo Geo BIOS ROM as well.

S

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: metal slug super vehicle 001 new [Re: Sune]
#321176 - 01/31/14 02:57 AM

Look again at which files are wrong size/checksum and which ones are missing altogether. He has an old version of the BIOS, but his ROMs for the actual game are either in the wrong place or are so outdated that MAME can't recognize a single file in the set.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 350 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2797