MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Captain LeChuck
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/25/14
Send PM

Lightgun hacks, mounted guns ideas, and RF to VGA suggestions?
#320942 - 01/26/14 01:50 AM

Good Evening Fellas love the site.

Ok here's my situation I've got 2 tube sets, 2 P4's ,2 NES zapper's (that are curently being used as fridge/freezer door handles lol)and two Wii remotes.

I'm building two cabs one with T2\Revolution X I want it to have mounted gun

The other running Carnevil\Area51\Maximum Force with a lightgun.

The mounted gun don't seem that hard It basically a machinegun shaped joystick with 2 buttons the concern a have is I need it to "swivel" not "tilt" the trigger and disc/grenade buttons I can just wire to a usb gamepad board.

Any suggestions on the swivel joystick?

Now on the other can I have two options (maybe lol)
I can install blue tooth and shove Wiimote guts into an airsoft pistol or I could try and hack my NES Zappers to work with MAME both options sound like major pains in the arse the latter more so than the first option.

either way my tv's are both RF only input so I gotta either get an RF modulator with a vga port, or go RF>S-Video>VGA. Which option would have better picture quality?

Any help on this would be much appreciated I look forward to hearing your ideas thanks.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Lightgun hacks, mounted guns ideas, and RF to VGA suggestions? new [Re: Captain LeChuck]
#320943 - 01/26/14 02:12 AM

> either way my tv's are both RF only input so I gotta either get an RF modulator with
> a vga port, or go RF>S-Video>VGA. Which option would have better picture quality?

Probably the RF modulator, less conversion steps. But both are going to be shitty!

Anything is better than that, probably even VGA to composite. Can't you visit some electronics recycling facility or salvation army store and pick up a cheap CRT TV with higher quality inputs?

What TV has RF input only?? Both my old CRTs have composite, S-Video and even component inputs..and I live in the third world in the middle of a field.

Then of course none of the reasonably modern video cards in two the PCs in the house have analog TV-out, I'd need to break out my old 9800 GTX+ again

S

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

Re: Lightgun hacks, mounted guns ideas, and RF to VGA suggestions? new [Re: Captain LeChuck]
#320944 - 01/26/14 04:32 AM Attachment: rf.png 275 KB (0 downloads)

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but it's a place to start.
http://www.svideo.com/svideocoax.html?cm...CFS7xOgodPwMADg

As for the mount, try this:
http://www.harborfreight.com/3-inch-x-7-8-eighth-inch-rubber-swivel-caster-66360.html
Remove the wheel and mount it however you want. If I get your meaning.

Search around Google for more choices or ideas.

This is what you have? Really? You steal them out of the Smithsonian or something? OMG

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Bad A Billy (01/26/14 04:35 AM)

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

talicme
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/06/14
Send PM

#324188 - 04/06/14 10:45 PM

For games like T2 and Revolution X, I just basically took apart a wingman joystick I got from Goodwill really cheap and glued an airsoft mac 11 to it. It works great, but you have to calibrate it every time you play. That takes less than a minute so no big deal.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Lightgun hacks, mounted guns ideas, and RF to VGA suggestions? new [Re: Sune]
#324697 - 04/15/14 06:25 AM

> > either way my tv's are both RF only input so I gotta either get an RF modulator
> with
> > a vga port, or go RF>S-Video>VGA. Which option would have better picture quality?
>
> Probably the RF modulator, less conversion steps. But both are going to be shitty!
>
> Anything is better than that, probably even VGA to composite. Can't you visit some
> electronics recycling facility or salvation army store and pick up a cheap CRT TV
> with higher quality inputs?
>
> What TV has RF input only?? Both my old CRTs have composite, S-Video and even
> component inputs..and I live in the third world in the middle of a field.
>
> Then of course none of the reasonably modern video cards in two the PCs in the house
> have analog TV-out, I'd need to break out my old 9800 GTX+ again
>
> S

Anything "retro" up to the mid 1980s when the BNC/RCA connectors started appearing - you have to have a woodgrain TV set to go with your woodgrain Atari.

I went one further though, and my one had everything up to a PlayStation 2 hooked up to it until it finally died in 2003 (the whole screen went bright red, couldn't be bothered fixing it since I had much later TVs around - the woodgrain set was a 1981 AWA/Mitsubishi). My choice of RF unit at the time was a Samsung VCR however, the only consoles I had which I had to tune in (due to the lack of an AV plug) was the Atari and a Master System II, the rest plugged straight into the AV ports at the back of the VCR.

As for analog TV-out, my Radeon 9550 has S-Video alongside the normal VGA and DVI ports - and I can go the other way with a 1999 PCI TV card (S-Video/RCA/RF/Coax inputs), which doesn't support digital TV at all! Of course, Australian TV is digital-only these days so the tuner is useless beyond recording old video games.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> Hardware
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 39 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3261