MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

My son got into his first fender bender. Ugh.
#320666 - 01/21/14 01:52 AM

I showed up, and the other car had a dent, our car had all the damage. The other driver was also a kid, and his Dad called the cops, thinking my son was at fault.

I polished up the dent, and pointed out the paint is perfect... I could fix his damages with a toilet plunger.

Nothin' doing... waiting for the cops.

Well, if you don't want me fixing it, let me pay for the damages... it will be cheaper for all of us, being that they are both teenagers, our rates will go up well beyond the value of that simple dent.

Ok, $500, way more than the cost to bump out one dent. Think this through... think about your insurance rates.

Plus, it looks liek your kid has got him two underage passangers, and the law is maximum one underage passanger... my kid may get a ticket but so is your kid.

$500 you said? Deal.

I knew we could work this out.

My son now owes me $500... and I know just how he can earn that money.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: My son got into his first fender bender. Ugh. new [Re: GatKong]
#320667 - 01/21/14 02:18 AM

A couple of years ago, I bumped into a lady one day going to work. Everyone on the highway came to a screeching halt and she was able to stop faster than me. Very minor damage. I told her that I would pay for the damage. She must have drove straight to the insurance company to make a claim against my policy, because my wife called me at work asking if I was in an accident. I called the insurance company and explained that I told her that I was going to pay so my rates don't go up. They told me that I could deny the claim and pay it myself if I wanted to. Her estimate was something like $163 or $263 (cannot remember). They told me this is very minor and I should let insurance take care of it. It did not affect my rates because the dollar amount was so low. The insurance agent asked if I wanted my car looked at. I told her no, It was just a small scratch and I did not want to make a claim.

Maybe you should have done something similar. Maybe the other kid would have been half at fault because he had extra minors in the car. OTOH, if you got a cop there with a hard-on for writing tickets, it may have cost everyone quite a bit more. Under 18 in my state have to go to court with a parent and do a driving class.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#320668 - 01/21/14 02:26 AM

I once hit a stopped bus, trying to drive like a Brazilian (that's all will say, what I was doing and especially why, is too embarrassing).

I passed the rest of the bus like a normal person and pulled over, but the bus driver took off as if nothing had happened, which was true from his point of view I guess.

So there is our brand new car (first 0km car my wife has ever owned) with a broken mirror, a slight dent in the passenger door (it's a two door car) around the handle, and a long scratch the same color as the bus from the now dangling mirror all the way down past the gas cap.

I don't remember how much we paid to get it fixed and buffed, but I remember the hard time she gave me about it, which I of course deserved. Anyway afterwards it looked like new and luckily there was no damage to the frame or anything or anybody.

A couple of months later my wife is driving in the city and some kid in a company car drives frontally into the same door at a stop light. Thankfully nobody is hurt.

Their company insurance paid for a brand new door + fitting etc.

S

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: My son got into his first fender bender. Ugh. new [Re: Sune]
#320670 - 01/21/14 05:23 AM

> I once hit a stopped bus, trying to drive like a Brazilian (that's all will say, what
> I was doing and especially why, is too embarrassing).
>
> I passed the rest of the bus like a normal person and pulled over, but the bus driver
> took off as if nothing had happened, which was true from his point of view I guess.
>
> So there is our brand new car (first 0km car my wife has ever owned) with a broken
> mirror, a slight dent in the passenger door (it's a two door car) around the handle,
> and a long scratch the same color as the bus from the now dangling mirror all the way
> down past the gas cap.
>
> I don't remember how much we paid to get it fixed and buffed, but I remember the hard
> time she gave me about it, which I of course deserved. Anyway afterwards it looked
> like new and luckily there was no damage to the frame or anything or anybody.
>
> A couple of months later my wife is driving in the city and some kid in a company car
> drives frontally into the same door at a stop light. Thankfully nobody is hurt.
>
> Their company insurance paid for a brand new door + fitting etc.
>
> S

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#320671 - 01/21/14 06:20 AM

> I showed up, and the other car had a dent, our car had all the damage. The other
> driver was also a kid, and his Dad called the cops, thinking my son was at fault.
>
> I polished up the dent, and pointed out the paint is perfect... I could fix his
> damages with a toilet plunger.
>
> Nothin' doing... waiting for the cops.
>
> Well, if you don't want me fixing it, let me pay for the damages... it will be
> cheaper for all of us, being that they are both teenagers, our rates will go up well
> beyond the value of that simple dent.
>
>
> Ok, $500, way more than the cost to bump out one dent. Think this through... think
> about your insurance rates.
>
>
> Plus, it looks liek your kid has got him two underage passangers, and the law is
> maximum one underage passanger... my kid may get a ticket but so is your kid.
>
> $500 you said? Deal.
>
> I knew we could work this out.
>
>
>
> My son now owes me $500... and I know just how he can earn that money.

The cops were actually going to come for something so minor? Around here they generally have a "no blood, no foul" policy.

I've been pretty lucky so far (knock wood), my only insurance-involved incident was in a moving van. Creeping down a street in a college neighborhood on move-in day, with cars and trucks trucks double parked on both sides, I misjudged a van and creased the entire side of it with my truck's box. Even worse, I had heard my mirror hit the upper part of the van, but didn't realize anything else had happened. I stopped and got out, saw no damage where my mirror had hit and saw no one around the van to talk to, so I got back in my truck to leave. Before I was able to get back into traffic, the woman who owned the van ran out and flagged me down. She was moderately pissed off, but actually pretty reasonable considering I had almost committed a hit and run.

The rental insurance was worth every penny. I had to describe the incident about a half dozen times to various people, but that was literally it. It never cost me anything, and didn't affect my actual insurance at all.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

I remember my first fender bender. new [Re: GatKong]
#320677 - 01/21/14 03:33 PM

> I showed up, and the other car had a dent, our car had all the damage. The other
> driver was also a kid, and his Dad called the cops, thinking my son was at fault.
>
> I polished up the dent, and pointed out the paint is perfect... I could fix his
> damages with a toilet plunger.
>
>
> Well, if you don't want me fixing it, let me pay for the damages... it will be
> cheaper for all of us, being that they are both teenagers, our rates will go up well
> beyond the value of that simple dent.
>
>
> Ok, $500, way more than the cost to bump out one dent. Think this through... think
> about your insurance rates.
>
>
> Plus, it looks liek your kid has got him two underage passangers, and the law is
> maximum one underage passanger... my kid may get a ticket but so is your kid.
>
> $500 you said? Deal.
>
> I knew we could work this out.
>
>
>
> My son now owes me $500... and I know just how he can earn that money.

It was in Rome. I could see these 2 women about 100 yards away walking towards us. The breast placement on one just looked off for some reason. Sure enough, when they approached, it was a couple of trannies.

Oh, fender bender. Never mind.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

"I remember my first fender, Bender." new [Re: Gor]
#320680 - 01/21/14 04:51 PM

A robotic acquaintance of Bender describes how he lost his robo'ginity to a flying car (oops, sorry Urherenow) vehicle part.

edit: It was the vehicle that could fly, not that the part itself was flying.

edit2: But who gives a flying...

Edited by Tomu Breidah (01/21/14 04:54 PM)

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: "I remember my first fender, Bender." new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#320682 - 01/21/14 05:43 PM

Tom, change your damn avatar… it creeps me out!

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: "I remember my first fender, Bender." new [Re: GatKong]
#320686 - 01/21/14 07:17 PM

> Tom, change your damn avatar… it creeps me out!

I too was once creeped out by it, but I also thought it was riotously hysterical.

It's from here (with a bit of photo-shopping).

I do have another avatar in mind. Nothing gross though. Promise.

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Done :-) new [Re: GatKong]
#323737 - 03/24/14 07:32 AM Attachment: clew.png 447 KB (0 downloads)

> Tom, change your damn avatar… it creeps me out!

The attachment is a hint to what it references. It might be too easy if you know who she is, then you just have to put everything else together.

I didn't want my avatar to be too blatant.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Edited by Tomu Breidah (03/24/14 07:37 AM)

LEVEL-4

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

old timer's disease? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#323738 - 03/24/14 08:05 AM

> to a flying
> car (oops, sorry Urherenow)

You're thinking about TriggerFin

I'm the one who said flying cars are not only real, they've been around for decades. Nevermind that you have to DRIVE them to an airport to take off and FLY them. They're still a car that can fly.

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: old timer's disease? new [Re: URherenow]
#323739 - 03/24/14 09:13 AM

> > to a flying
> > car (oops, sorry Urherenow)
>
> You're thinking about TriggerFin
>
>
>
> I'm the one who said flying cars are not only real, they've been around for decades.
> Nevermind that you have to DRIVE them to an airport to take off and FLY them. They're
> still a car that can fly.

I can hardly remember what that was about. But I think it was something about -- You can have "flying cars" -as in: A vehicle with wheels and wings that needs to pick up speed just like aeroplanes so that the air pressure above the wings are less than the pressure below - creating lift. A more accurate description could simply be a plane-car, or car-plane. Thus "flying-car".

Then there's "flying cars" that use an alternate method of 'lift' to obtain flight. Not necessarily a "car" with wings (like the ^aforementioned example)- but a vehicle somewhat like a hovercraft, or the vehicles in the game 'WipeOut'. So "flying-car" might not be the most accurate name for that type of vehicle. And something that goes to an higher altitude (like the vehicles from the Jetsons) would be appropriate. Call it a "Flying Car", or don't. There won't be any funerals over it.

& I probably got confused on who was stating which definition of a flying car. No harm intended. At this point I can't see what the point of any argument is.

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

chicks on a beach? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#323746 - 03/24/14 03:40 PM

I've got this game, and way back when I used to play it it always looked to me like in that particular stage at time indexes :15 seconds, and 1:26 - the wall on the left side looks like a wide picture of women at the beach lying on their bellies, with their feet up and you're behind them. Does anyone else see that?

Edit: Like, you take this image, but her feet would be higher and instead of being on her right side -you're more behind her.

Edited by Tomu Breidah (03/24/14 03:49 PM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: chicks on a beach? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#323759 - 03/24/14 09:26 PM

> I've got this game, and way back when I used to play it it always looked to me like
> in that particular stage at time indexes :15 seconds, and 1:26 - the wall on the left
> side looks like a wide picture of women at the beach lying on their bellies, with
> their feet up and you're behind them. Does anyone else see that?
>

Try this one, at 1080p, from 7:07 to 7:10. It looks like the same image, repeated. I can't make sense of it even here though.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: chicks on a beach? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#323761 - 03/24/14 11:13 PM

> Try this one, at 1080p, from 7:07 to 7:10. It looks like the same image, repeated. I
> can't make sense of it even here though.

I see chicks in water, but it seems awfully out-of-character with the rest of the stage.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 369 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2986