MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

USPS order placed on 8th = still in Dallas.... <nT> FedEx order placed 15th = in my hands...
#320502 - 01/18/14 02:05 AM

Fuck the USPS from here on out. That's right, I'mm going all NWA in this beeeotch FUCK THE PO PO.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: USPS order placed on 8th = still in Dallas.... <nT> FedEx order placed 15th = in my hands... new [Re: italie]
#320504 - 01/18/14 02:53 AM

You can save money shipping with USPS when time is not a big factor in most cases. In your case you are going to end up getting the USPS shipment tomorrow and then ending up with a useless spare. If you sell online a lot of people don't care about quick shipping and are more concerned with paying the least, which is where you can use USPS to your advantage. There are other specifics like having certain packages over a certain size and weight, FedEx/non USPS service is your only option. There are other cases where small packages cost you a shitload more if you don't choose USPS. USPS's biggest problem is shit training. If all their workers were able to educate customers the way 5% of them have educated me then there wouldn't be issues. But you're still fucking up.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: USPS order placed on 8th = still in Dallas.... <nT> FedEx order placed 15th = in my hands... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#320505 - 01/18/14 03:05 AM

> You can save money shipping with USPS when time is not a big factor in most cases. In
> your case you are going to end up getting the USPS shipment tomorrow and then ending
> up with a useless spare. If you sell online a lot of people don't care about quick
> shipping and are more concerned with paying the least, which is where you can use
> USPS to your advantage. There are other specifics like having certain packages over a
> certain size and weight, FedEx/non USPS service is your only option. There are other
> cases where small packages cost you a shitload more if you don't choose USPS. USPS's
> biggest problem is shit training. If all their workers were able to educate customers
> the way 5% of them have educated me then there wouldn't be issues. But you're still
> fucking up.

If customers need educating that "2-day" really means "Whenever" and that "Priority" means "Not a priority"...it isn't the customer fucking up.

//I'll use the spare someday. Just wanted to get something turned around by last wednesday...

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: USPS order placed on 8th = still in Dallas.... <nT> FedEx order placed 15th = in my hands... new [Re: italie]
#320506 - 01/18/14 03:12 AM

If you're even making it to the shipping phase within 2 days of receiving payment you're way ahead of the competition. I use snail mail USPS for 99% of my shipments and get dicksucked for quickness.

Do you know how to record a video of what is happening on your iphone (free)? Yep I went that far OT.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: USPS order placed on 8th = still in Dallas.... <nT> FedEx order placed 15th = in my hands... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#320507 - 01/18/14 03:34 AM

> If you're even making it to the shipping phase within 2 days of receiving payment
> you're way ahead of the competition. I use snail mail USPS for 99% of my shipments
> and get dicksucked for quickness.
>
> Do you know how to record a video of what is happening on your iphone (free)? Yep I
> went that far OT.

Huh?

You lost me at hello.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#320509 - 01/18/14 03:48 AM

1)If you ship something out within 2 days of receiving an order you are going faster than the average online seller and even if you ship out with USPS snail mail (Parcel Post), in such case they usually get it plenty quick. I understand sometimes with business related items you need them by deadlines, but then it's a matter of knowing what the services actually are, like Express overnight guaranteed or FedEx's overnight, and using the right one. In short, you don't understand your options. I hope I have made it clear how USPS options work. 3 main options, far from rocket science.

a)"Snail mail" Parcel Post is about a week, depending on how far it has to go, no guaranteed date and you save the max on cost.

b)Priority mail is twice as fast on average, no guaranteed date, and you can usually still save on cost vs. competition.

c)Express mail is expensive and guaranteed by a specific date or you can demand a refund.

Very simple. If you need something for business by 2 days from now guess which is your only option?

2)Do you know of a free app that will record a video of what is going on on your iphone? Yes, way OT.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#320510 - 01/18/14 05:16 AM

> 1)If you ship something out within 2 days of receiving an order you are going faster
> than the average online seller and even if you ship out with USPS snail mail (Parcel
> Post), in such case they usually get it plenty quick. I understand sometimes with
> business related items you need them by deadlines, but then it's a matter of knowing
> what the services actually are, like Express overnight guaranteed or FedEx's
> overnight, and using the right one. In short, you don't understand your options. I
> hope I have made it clear how USPS options work. 3 main options, far from rocket
> science.

I ordered a part. I had many shipping options that were all roughly the same price. I chose one that said "2-day" and "Priority". I had a reasonable expectation to think I'd get it 2 days after it shipped. Especially so since the online tracker showed an expected delivery date "2 days" after ship date. My pissyness is both reasonable and just.

Kinda like when I order a "Large Pizza", I have a reasonable expectation that I'm getting both a "Large", and a "Pizza". I wouldn't call them up and ask for a "Large Pizza" if I wanted a "Small Coke". Words are kinda funny like that when they actually mean something.

> a)"Snail mail" Parcel Post is about a week, depending on how far it has to go, no
> guaranteed date and you save the max on cost.
>
> b)Priority mail is twice as fast on average, no guaranteed date, and you can usually
> still save on cost vs. competition.
>
> c)Express mail is expensive and guaranteed by a specific date or you can demand a
> refund.
>
> Very simple. If you need something for business by 2 days from now guess which is
> your only option?

d) Fed-ex. The more I know....

> 2)Do you know of a free app that will record a video of what is going on on your
> iphone? Yes, way OT.

iphone sux0rs the worm. You need a little green robot.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#320512 - 01/18/14 05:22 AM

I agree that they shouldn't put "2 day" anywhere on there for Priority. If you take a second to learn what the actual products are you will be better off though.

>iphone sux0rs the worm. You need a little green robot.

I thought you were a professional. I will shit on you.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#320513 - 01/18/14 07:03 AM

> I agree that they shouldn't put "2 day" anywhere on there for Priority. If you take a
> second to learn what the actual products are you will be better off though.
>

Quote:

Priority Mail

With Priority Mail®, you get more for your money. This service offers fast delivery in 1, 2, or 3 business days1 based on where your package started and where it’s being sent. You also get free boxes and envelopes, free Package Pickup2 at your home or business, limited insurance coverage against loss or damage, and USPS Tracking™, included at no additional charge. Plus, when you ship online, you’ll save even more.

1 Based on origin and destination. Expected delivery day printed on receipt or provided at checkout.
2 For mailable items up to 70 lbs.
3 For details on free Package Pickup, go to usps.com/pickup.
4 Some restrictions apply. Visit usps.com/makingprioritymailbetter for details.

Okay, where did I miss the part that says "2-days" means "5+ days"

> > iphone sux0rs the worm. You need a little green robot.
>
> I thought you were a professional. I will shit on you.

I have an app to prevent that.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#320514 - 01/18/14 07:14 AM

I've never read what you pasted so I don't know what to tell you. What I told you before is what the few competent USPS employees have informed me of - that with Parcel or Priority it is only an *estimation* timeline and Express is the only option that has a *guaranteed* timeline. You can use that info in the future to either save money when an exact date doesn't matter, to use Express only when it does, or to whine like a bitch. It's completely up to you. As for their advertising, yes it is sometimes misleading and incompetent, but now that I have explained to you how the products work, you can use them correctly.

snake78
sineku setenta y ocho
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: Newport, RI
Send PM

thanks Cliffy )nt( new [Re: Smitdogg]
#320516 - 01/18/14 08:08 AM

www.randyrobbinsmusic.com
RandyRobbinsMusic on Facebook

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#320520 - 01/18/14 04:39 PM

> I've never read what you pasted so I don't know what to tell you. What I told you
> before is what the few competent USPS employees have informed me of - that with
> Parcel or Priority it is only an *estimation* timeline and Express is the only option
> that has a *guaranteed* timeline. You can use that info in the future to either save
> money when an exact date doesn't matter, to use Express only when it does, or to
> whine like a bitch. It's completely up to you. As for their advertising, yes it is
> sometimes misleading and incompetent, but now that I have explained to you how the
> products work, you can use them correctly.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 831 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1784