MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

slizzap
MAME Junkee
Reged: 10/06/05
Send PM

Lemmings - No audio during gameplay (MAME v0.150)
#319437 - 12/29/13 07:21 PM

Can anyone else verify that sound is not properly working in the Lemmings prototype? In MAME v0.150 when you first load the game you'll hear the title screen music, but there are no sound effects when you insert a coin or start the game, and there is absolutely no sound once gameplay begins.

I tried running the same ROM in MAME v0.138 and all sound appeared to be working fine there. That's the previous version I ran, so that's the only version I tested with. I did notice that the whatsnew.txt for MAME v0.150 mentioned working on the driver for Lemmings, so I think whatever changed made here might have affected it. I've never posted on MAMETesters before so I don't have an account, and I figured I should probably get confirmation from someone else before attempting to post on there.

Thanks!

Lord Nightmare
Speech Synth Berzerker
Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: PA, USA
Send PM

Re: Lemmings - No audio during gameplay (MAME v0.150) new [Re: slizzap]
#319440 - 12/29/13 08:01 PM

> Can anyone else verify that sound is not properly working in the Lemmings prototype?
> In MAME v0.150 when you first load the game you'll hear the title screen music, but
> there are no sound effects when you insert a coin or start the game, and there is
> absolutely no sound once gameplay begins.
>
> I tried running the same ROM in MAME v0.138 and all sound appeared to be working fine
> there. That's the previous version I ran, so that's the only version I tested with. I
> did notice that the whatsnew.txt for MAME v0.150 mentioned working on the driver for
> Lemmings, so I think whatever changed made here might have affected it. I've never
> posted on MAMETesters before so I don't have an account, and I figured I should
> probably get confirmation from someone else before attempting to post on there.
>
> Thanks!

It is actually a better idea to post there, since the devs only sometimes check this forum for bug reports. This really isn't the right place to put bug reports anymore.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Lemmings - No audio during gameplay (MAME v0.150) new [Re: Lord Nightmare]
#319442 - 12/29/13 08:23 PM

> > Can anyone else verify that sound is not properly working in the Lemmings
> prototype?
> > In MAME v0.150 when you first load the game you'll hear the title screen music, but
> > there are no sound effects when you insert a coin or start the game, and there is
> > absolutely no sound once gameplay begins.
> >
> > I tried running the same ROM in MAME v0.138 and all sound appeared to be working
> fine
> > there. That's the previous version I ran, so that's the only version I tested with.
> I
> > did notice that the whatsnew.txt for MAME v0.150 mentioned working on the driver
> for
> > Lemmings, so I think whatever changed made here might have affected it. I've never
> > posted on MAMETesters before so I don't have an account, and I figured I should
> > probably get confirmation from someone else before attempting to post on there.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> It is actually a better idea to post there, since the devs only sometimes check this
> forum for bug reports. This really isn't the right place to put bug reports anymore.
>
> LN

No need at this point. Some devs also crawl the forums for reports as well.

This particular issue has been kindly fixed for the next release (0.153) and is in the current public svn.

Tafoid

slizzap
MAME Junkee
Send PM

Re: Lemmings - No audio during gameplay (MAME v0.150) new [Re: Tafoid]
#319446 - 12/29/13 09:29 PM

> This particular issue has been kindly fixed for the next release (0.153) and is in
> the current public svn.
>
> Tafoid

Good news.

Thanks for the info, Tafoid.

slizzap
MAME Junkee
Send PM

#324239 - 04/07/14 06:43 PM

> > > Can anyone else verify that sound is not properly working in the Lemmings
> > prototype?
> > > In MAME v0.150 when you first load the game you'll hear the title screen music,
> but
> > > there are no sound effects when you insert a coin or start the game, and there is
> > > absolutely no sound once gameplay begins.
> > >
> > > I tried running the same ROM in MAME v0.138 and all sound appeared to be working
> > fine
> > > there. That's the previous version I ran, so that's the only version I tested
> with.
> > I
> > > did notice that the whatsnew.txt for MAME v0.150 mentioned working on the driver
> > for
> > > Lemmings, so I think whatever changed made here might have affected it. I've
> never
> > > posted on MAMETesters before so I don't have an account, and I figured I should
> > > probably get confirmation from someone else before attempting to post on there.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> >
> > It is actually a better idea to post there, since the devs only sometimes check
> this
> > forum for bug reports. This really isn't the right place to put bug reports
> anymore.
> >
> > LN
>
> No need at this point. Some devs also crawl the forums for reports as well.
>
> This particular issue has been kindly fixed for the next release (0.153) and is in
> the current public svn.
>
> Tafoid

Hey Tafoid,

Do you know if this problem was actually resolved in .153? I don't see any mention at all of the game or its components (according to lemmings.c) in whatsnew_0153.txt. Unless it's some other component outside of the Lemmings driver that was causing the problem and was fixed.

Thanks.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#324302 - 04/08/14 05:46 PM

> Do you know if this problem was actually resolved in .153? I don't see any mention at
> all of the game or its components (according to lemmings.c) in whatsnew_0153.txt.

No, Tafoid is lying to make you cry.

Seriously, if he says it's fixed, it's probably fixed. Also, 0.153 has arguably the worst whatsnew in history (about half of it is actually MESS stuff, and the MESS whatsnew contains a few MAME things). Ignore it and just try your favorite bugs to see if they've been fixed.

slizzap
MAME Junkee
Send PM

Re: Lemmings - No audio during gameplay (MAME v0.150) new [Re: R. Belmont]
#324311 - 04/08/14 06:50 PM

> > Do you know if this problem was actually resolved in .153? I don't see any mention
> at
> > all of the game or its components (according to lemmings.c) in whatsnew_0153.txt.
>
> No, Tafoid is lying to make you cry.
>
>
> Seriously, if he says it's fixed, it's probably fixed. Also, 0.153 has arguably the
> worst whatsnew in history (about half of it is actually MESS stuff, and the MESS
> whatsnew contains a few MAME things). Ignore it and just try your favorite bugs to
> see if they've been fixed.

OK. That was a bit unnecessary. But as you said the whatsnew is kind of a mess so maybe it's lacking info. I don't know who Tafoid is or what his role is with the MAME dev team, and I'm asking simply because there was no official bug submitted at MAMETesters and again there was no mention of it in the whatsnew. He was clearly familiar with the issue, so I figured I might get a quick response from someone possibly in the know.

Thanks for the response either way, and for all your contributions to MAME.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#324314 - 04/08/14 07:37 PM

> I don't know who Tafoid is or what his role is with the MAME
> dev team, and I'm asking simply because there was no official bug submitted at
> MAMETesters and again there was no mention of it in the whatsnew.

Tafoid's usually the admin on duty at MAMETesters, and he runs regular full-scale regression tests on MAME and MESS. So he's quite knowledgeable about bugs, even ones that don't make it to MT.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: Lemmings - No audio during gameplay (MAME v0.150) new [Re: R. Belmont]
#324317 - 04/08/14 07:54 PM

> > I don't know who Tafoid is or what his role is with the MAME
> > dev team, and I'm asking simply because there was no official bug submitted at
> > MAMETesters and again there was no mention of it in the whatsnew.
>
> Tafoid's usually the admin on duty at MAMETesters, and he runs regular full-scale
> regression tests on MAME and MESS. So he's quite knowledgeable about bugs, even ones
> that don't make it to MT.

I have entered the bug, for historical purposes, so people can see when it broke/was fixed.
http://mametesters.org/view.php?id=5490

slizzap
MAME Junkee
Send PM

#324336 - 04/09/14 01:06 AM

Great. Thanks a lot, guys!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 325 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1714