MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

Trying to run PC Engine CDs in MESS
#319291 - 12/27/13 05:11 AM

MESS .152 and QMC2 .42

Within QMC2, I go to device mappings -> add [CD] CD-ROM System (Japan) (v2.0).pce and then go to load a .cue from say Dracula X and it never starts. I get " exit code = -1073741819 (unknown error), exit status = crashed, remaining emulators = 0". Does this with every system card and bin/cue file I have.

Am I missing something?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Trying to run PC Engine CDs in MESS new [Re: DiodeDude]
#319297 - 12/27/13 07:39 AM

> MESS .152 and QMC2 .42
>
> Within QMC2, I go to device mappings -> add [CD] CD-ROM System (Japan) (v2.0).pce and
> then go to load a .cue from say Dracula X and it never starts. I get " exit code =
> -1073741819 (unknown error), exit status = crashed, remaining emulators = 0". Does
> this with every system card and bin/cue file I have.
>
> Am I missing something?

pce is rather difficult to use in QMC2 (unless your softlist loading) because it does require that scdsys cart in addition to a valid image.

You might consider converting your bin/cue to chd and naming the chd Akumajou Dracula X - Chi no Rondo (SCD)(Jpn).chd then tossing it in a folder named draculax and see if it will load in the software list tab.

Or you can attempt to load the image from command line
mess64 pce -cart scdsys -cdrm "path to your image.cue"

DiodeDude
Semi-Lurker
Reged: 09/28/03
Send PM

Re: Trying to run PC Engine CDs in MESS new [Re: B2K24]
#319314 - 12/27/13 02:30 PM

I'll give that a try. Was I actually correct though in how I was loading the syscard in the device mappings? Also, can you run any CHD in MESS, or does it have to conform to a correct hash? I can run Radiant Silvergun in bin/cue form, but it in chd, it says there is no disc.

I got a love/hate thing going on with QMC2, atm.

Edited by vram74 (12/27/13 02:59 PM)

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Trying to run PC Engine CDs in MESS new [Re: DiodeDude]
#319319 - 12/27/13 06:08 PM

I'm pretty sure if your CHD has an incorrect hash you will get a warning message somewhere, but your image will attempt to run. I don't have any with an incorrect hash to confirm that however.

I can't really say if your doing things wrong or right with QMC2 because I only use the software list TAB for system pce or run in command line.

Perhaps this threads have some information.

Threads about QMC2 are also in this section

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3966