Pages: 1

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Let's TV! Play Classic - Gameplay videos
#318355 - 12/08/13 03:03 AM

When I saw Tom grab this some time ago, I wanted to grab all four. Thanks to a friend in Japan, I got all four off of Amazon JP for around $60. The AV/power cable was another $15, ordered directly from Bandai Japan.

Next is scan everything, and open all four up and take pictures, then send off to Smitdogg for dumping.

It looks like there is a skeleton driver in MESS coming soon for these, thanks to Tom's original submission. Hopefully this will be incentive to finish it up and complete it.

Namco 1

Namco 2

Taito 1

Taito 2

Edited by Mr. Do (12/08/13 04:10 AM)

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

CTOJAH
MAME Addict
Reged: 07/13/10
Loc: Macedonia,Veles
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Gameplay videos new [Re: Mr. Do]
#318378 - 12/08/13 01:38 PM

Everything related to Xevious is so precious
Thank You Mr.Do!
These games also belongs to MAME as well as in MESS; at least judging by their arcade feeling and ROM structure.

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

#318391 - 12/08/13 09:15 PM

I'm curious about the two versions of Slap Fight on the Taito Nostalgia 2 model. Is the 'secret cheat' still in there, in one or both games?

Basically, start a game and don't shoot at all. Avoid bullets as long as you can. The longer you can survive before losing your first life, the further you'll teleport after death. You'll also respawn with a nearly full set of weapons.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Gameplay videos new [Re: Firehawke]
#318392 - 12/08/13 09:36 PM

> I'm curious about the two versions of Slap Fight on the Taito Nostalgia 2 model. Is
> the 'secret cheat' still in there, in one or both games?
>
> Basically, start a game and don't shoot at all. Avoid bullets as long as you can. The
> longer you can survive before losing your first life, the further you'll teleport
> after death. You'll also respawn with a nearly full set of weapons.

Just tried both versions... yup... it's in there.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#318404 - 12/09/13 04:09 AM

> When I saw Tom grab this some time ago, I wanted to grab all four. Thanks to a friend
> in Japan, I got all four off of Amazon JP for around $60. The AV/power cable was
> another $15, ordered directly from Bandai Japan.

>

Congrats on snagging a forbidden AV/power cable (& for much less than a Benjamin too ).

> Next is scan everything, and open all four up and take pictures, then send off to
> Smitdogg for dumping.
>
> It looks like there is a skeleton driver in MESS coming soon for these, thanks to
> Tom's original submission. Hopefully this will be incentive to finish it up and
> complete it.

LEVEL-4

Traso
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/15/13
Send PM

What is that second Xevious-like game? (nt) new [Re: CTOJAH]
#318409 - 12/09/13 06:11 AM

Scifi frauds. SF illuminates.

Culture General Contact Unit (Eccentric)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: What is that second Xevious-like game? (nt) new [Re: Traso]
#318410 - 12/09/13 06:16 AM

Let's! TV Play Classic (Let's!TVプレイCLASSIC) is a series of TV plug and play handhelds that came out in Japan in 2006. Four versions were released; two by Namco, and two by Taito. Each version includes ports of two arcade games, and two "remix" versions of those games.

This is gameplay from Namco Nostalgia 1, which includes:
Xevious
Mappy
Xevious: Scramble Mission
Mappy: Nyamco-dan no Gyakushuu (Revenge of Nyamco)

Scramble Mission is kind of like a racing game, I guess you could say. Each level is timed. At the end of the level, you need to destroy the mothership to move on. There are Rally-X bonuses for you to collect throughout.

Revenge of Nyamco is an Arkanoid-type game. Each level you need to snag all the loot hidden under the blocks, then at the end of the level, get Mappy. Balloons are powerups. High jump to get to the higher blocks, but high jump too many times in a row, and the trampoline snaps.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Gameplay videos new [Re: CTOJAH]
#318437 - 12/09/13 07:11 PM

> These games also belongs to MAME as well as in MESS; at least judging by their arcade
> feeling and ROM structure.

By that metric, we should put 2600 Pac-Man in MAME too.

These are clearly home consoles. Therefore, MESS.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Finally shipped off - PCB scans new [Re: Mr. Do]
#355917 - 06/23/16 10:38 PM

2 1/2 years later... finally shipped these off to Smitty.

Scanned all of the artwork, instructions and PCBs. So... all four will have artwork later.

For development, PCB scans linked below:

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/stuff/LetsTVPlay_PCBs.rar

Hopefully with all four games in hand, progress can be made on the driver. Permission already given to ship them off somewhere else if needed, and do whatever is necessary to find out what's underneath the "blobs."

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#355918 - 06/23/16 11:20 PM

Don't hold your breath on the blobs. Theoretically someone might one day figure out decapping on them or a pin readout but the smart money is on never emulated.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Finally shipped off - PCB scans new [Re: Smitdogg]
#355924 - 06/24/16 02:12 AM

> Don't hold your breath on the blobs. Theoretically someone might one day figure out
> decapping on them or a pin readout but the smart money is on never emulated.

Heh I hate it when something need to be decap. It like "Whoops you forgot suck out the juice."

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#355929 - 06/24/16 06:12 PM

> Don't hold your breath on the blobs. Theoretically someone might one day figure out
> decapping on them or a pin readout but the smart money is on never emulated.

Quoting "www.xavix.com" that's printed on all the boards:

The core technology of our company is the XaviX® multiprocessor chip that was born from the creative minds at SSD. The revolutionary XaviX® processor is the heart of the XaviX® System and provides the foundation for an unlimited variety of products like interactive sports, fitness, education and music.

I'm going to guess it's yet another Chinese MIPS knockoff, but you never know.

The Taito games have standard-looking flash ROMs, and the Namco ones have blobs, but the board's still wired for the standard flash so that could provide a means to dump it.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Finally shipped off - PCB scans new [Re: R. Belmont]
#355930 - 06/24/16 06:36 PM

Yeah it's the sort of thing where if it was a cart to a home system I would guess people would put in the time but for 2 gimmicky handhelds, maybe the payout is too low. The "rom" chip is probably the same used in the home golden tee which I ripped into a few years ago. The chip is the size of two side by side small ants and I couldn't get anything to pull up on google from the label. If anyone on the DU wants to figure it out I'll forward them.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

#355931 - 06/24/16 06:50 PM

You're underestimating the extent to which MAMEdev is amused by emulating other emulators. But yeah, getting a dumper to play along might be difficult.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Let's TV! Play Classic - Finally shipped off - PCB scans new [Re: R. Belmont]
#355953 - 06/25/16 11:22 PM

> You're underestimating the extent to which MAMEdev is amused by emulating other
> emulators.

This I was actually counting on.

> But yeah, getting a dumper to play along might be difficult.

So newbie question then... is it impossible to get to the chip underneath the blob without damaging it (e.g. slow heat to get some of the blob off would damage the chip at the same time?_

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#355954 - 06/25/16 11:37 PM

It's possible to get to it but once you have it there is no adapter or pinout available and the legs are so flimsy it's like hairs 1 cm long and it's so small of a chip it could just get camouflaged on a work bench. Working with the cart together would be "easiest".

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5273